rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mechamonkey

Retrorevival weekly barcade night - Tuesdays Wolverhampton

1513703_589408641149926_1713280503_n.jpg

Going along to this tonight as it's very close to me, anyone else been or going?

(note: I am not affiliated with this in any way, just posting as it seems to be getting little attention)

• Upvote 4

WOLVERHAMPTON!? TUESDAYS!? ARCADES.IN.2014?! WOLVERHAMPTON!?

Ah man, will deffo turn up to the next one, only down the road. :D

Did they have any Street Fighter games there? I see they got a console set up.

WOLVERHAMPTON!? TUESDAYS!? ARCADES.IN.2014?! WOLVERHAMPTON!?

Ah man, will deffo turn up to the next one, only down the road. :D

Did they have any Street Fighter games there? I see they got a console set up.

Theres no dedicated SF cab but there are several MAME cabs and a Guilty Gear X cab :)

On the projector and big TV was a Gamecube and Dreamcast. I might offer to bring along a console or two in the future, I've got a couple of fightsticks so some SF4 might go down well.

Guessing this is the announcement Boyo :)

10001582_596034597153997_196530539_n.jpg

RRE are proud to present an all new series of events...

*** REVIVAL SATURDAYS @ THE FIXXION WAREHOUSE PROJECT (WOLVERHAMPTON) ***

Revival Retro Events have just made an agreement with Retro Leisure Midlands Ltd. and their partners at The Fixxion Warehouse Project, to host a series of bi-monthly events at their club, featuring the best exhibits of a REVIVAL event in one, central location!

The Fixxion Warehouse Project currently host a weekly freeplay arcade gaming night called Retro Barcadium on a Tuesday night, featuring over 25 arcade machines supplied by Reto Leisure Midlands (seehttps://www.facebook.com/fixxion.warehouse.projectfor details). To expand on this, they will now have arcade machines from Turnarcades and the private arcade and console collections of RRE, to use on Tuesday nights, and will now play residence to an event hosted by us for one whole Saturday every other month!

At present we are still working on details of what these events will entail, but we will begin with events similar to 'Revival Mini' that was held in Kenilworth before Christmas. Revival Saturdays will be held over two floors of the nightclub, with over 40 arcade machines (all set on freeplay), plus a large selection of consoles and computers as well as multiplayer projector gaming. The venue has fully licenced bars with food available on site, and to keep it fresh the arcade stock and consoles on display will be rotated for each meet so no two events will be the same!

As well as this, We are looking at staging console and arcade gaming tournaments for some of the Saturdays, offering those with a competitive edge (maybe after some extensive alcohol-fuelled bravado!) a chance to prove they don't just attend shows and love games, but they rock at them too!

Details on the first event and prices are currently being finalised, but expect announcements very soon on the first event, which we hope you will all come to and show your support for RRE and the Fixxion Warehouse Project; it may open doors to more regular events you want to see, if you offer your support!

We are looking for comments on feedback on what you would like to see at the first event, as well as how else we could utilise the full 3-floor venue to its maximum potential and some very unique gaming events! Share what you have below.......!

Its awesome, last week they had a good rotation of new machines, new was:

Ridge Racer

Initial D

Thunder Force

Simpsons

Mortal Kombat

And loads more I've probably forgotten after a few Red Stripes :)

Its the arcade dream!

Bah, the night has now been cancelled due to 'lack of interest', really dissapointinng news :(

Can't help but think with a bigger marketing push to let people know about it and get gamers off their arses this could have worked, the kit there was fantastic.