Batman: Arkham Knight

Jimmy Shedders

Beat the main game. Love that

they've ended it as a trilogy before things got too tired.

I've noticed a lot of Superman references while wondering around too which Rocksteady have never done.

Thugs talking about 'that freak in metropolis'. The Lex Luthor buildings. I'm not sure how they could make a decent game out of Superman, mind. He's far too overpowered plus flying about a city at speed would require a ridiculously high spec pc. 

8 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I still haven't finished this. I couldn't stand how convoluted the Ridder challenges became and having them affect your ending outcome was pretty disheartening. 

Shame, as it was probably my favourite game series last gen. 

The effect of the Riddler challenges on the ending was absolutely minimal. You can quite safely ignore them. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, it was pretty bad. The performance was almost doubled FPS-wise the last time I tried it compared with just after launch, plus way back then it constantly ground to a halt for seconds at a time and juddered all over the place even capping it at 30fps.

Sometimes people go a bit hysterical over bad ports and ropey performance but it was totally justified with this.

Just gone back to this after a break. Completed all of Riddler's trials, but...

(not sure a spoiler is necessary, but just in case)

I can't beat the Riddler until I find all 243 (or whatever it is) trophies? Seriously? Or have I misunderstood what he said before running away like a woose?

I've really enjoyed the game, and am finishing off a bunch of the sidequest storylines before I finish the main story. But I just don't think I have the energy for that.

That and the ones where you have to chase units through the streets in the Batmobile. I'm no good at driving games at the best of times, but the streets are so tight in AK.

6 hours ago, Flams said:

Started playing this on pc last night after getting it in the rllmuk secret santa. It plays like an absolute toilet at times, did they ever fix it?

what kinda system you using? as on a 970 it would run fine (60fps) with everything on, bar the nvidea stuff (apart from enhanced light shafts as they seemingly cost nothign) BUT, it was better that patch before the final one...yeah...dunno how they did that...

actually, there was some report that it wouldn't run with 8gb ram on win 10 as well...

not gonna lie tho, on a 1070, that nividea interactive smoke its the shit! its just so "next gen"...shame its so costly lol

• 3 weeks later...

Man, playing new game plus with the keaton costume is incredible. I always thought in Asylum and City the stiff neck walk was captured perfectly so seeing him in the 80's costume is just ace.

Sod running. I walk into all combat situations like this. 

Man I never did properly play this. I was so hyped but when I get the PC version , well we all know that story. I think i played an hour or so before i got annoyed with the terrible frame rates.

Now, it works great on my PC (1080gtx) but still haven't got the urge. I even got the PS4 version from a boot sale for £5 ...

• 4 months later...

I just picked this up on PS4 and started it after it got props in the 'Best RLLMUK Games' thread. Gameplay's Good so far, but the script is super-sharp - especially The Joker (and what a way to start the game - dark or what?).

But Hamill is just so freaking good as The Joker; steals the show. Oh, and:

On 5/4/2016 at 09:35, Gavin said:

Also, I was just casually grappeling to my next objective when I had my first encounter with Creature of the Night... FUCK ME that was jumpshock I wasn't expecting :blink:

Yeah, colour me brown, too...

Aaaaaaaaand I'm done. At least as far as the main story goes. For now. I might go back and finish off the night's work (I assume Riddler Trophies are not required for

The Nightfall Protocol

), but soooo many brawls and soooo many drone battles have proven a little draining. I'm not sure I can do another buried bomb mission that ends up with me swarmed by a ton of drone tanks.

The city was beautifully realized, especially

under/above that blanket of cloud, or with the drifting seedfall after it went...

But the story was the best bit - some genuinely unexpected twists, and shocking moments. Dark as pitch, too: e.g.

that first bit with Oracle? The end of the Joker fight?

:o

And I like the way Batman is portrayed as a thug with expensive toys.

Like I said before, now I've finished I'll say it again: Hammill's Joker totally, absolutely, 100% steals the show. He did in the animated series, but now I've seen the final few story scenes? Man, he's good.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just starting this on PC.  Loving it so far.  I've played and loved Asylum, City and Origins before this.  Feel at bit overwhelmed with all the features although does feel a bit handholdy but hope it opens up and lets you to it later.

If you'd never played any of the Batman games, and you had a choice between this or the re-release of the first two Arkham games (Batman Return to Arkham) on the xbox One, which would you go for?

They're both US$10 on the US store at the moment which works out at around £7 each, which is cheap enough for me to not worry if I end up not liking it.