How Will Noe Mess Up Ff Crystal Chronicles?

Cyhwuhx

Who cares about friends? I got two kids and a missus willing to do anything (yay!). We all have GBAs, so I'm sorted :rolleyes:

Gonna get the US one I reckon, 'cos I couldn't give a shit how fucked up NOE's marketing will be -- not like I see any of it anyway, 'cos I'm playing too much :(

People who are desperate for a FVII remake, but then they are probably the same folks complaining about the Resident Evil and MGS remakes on the 'Cube. ;)

There is going to be a FFVII remake, after they finish the FFVII movie.

.::: I'd rather have a remake of VI.

Also I think the idea of connectivity was the other way around; "Everybody has GBA's! Let's make them compatible with GameCube games, so people don't want to miss out on the added oppurtunities!"

I really don't think Noe will be fucking this game up. Sounds like it was fucked up right from the design stages:

It's not the design that's screwed up, it's just the availability.

It sounds great, really. The fact that I probably won't be able to play it doesn't make it less great, just unavailable to me.

Perhaps it would have been possible to include the GBA stuff on-screen instead of on the GBA, but then again perhaps it just wasn't possible to do that and still keep the same sense of teamwork alive. So in that case, I'm all for the progression of ideas through innovative techniques.

It's quite possibly finacial suicide, however (over here at least) but that's another matter.

So how could Nintendo help this one sell? Well, lowering the price of the original GBAs would be a start (do they still manufacture them), to about £30, say.... or less. Perhaps bundle not one, but three or four GBA cables with the game... maybe have GBA-SP Crystal Chronicles bundle packs. And also they need to start dropping the price of the cables - they're about a tenner at the moment, and no-one (including myself) is gonna fork out for 4 of them (well, three, as I already have one) for just one game.

So, drop the price of the original GBA to about 20-30 quid (a cheap alternative to a full-blown SP), make all the link cables about 3-5 quid, or include bundle packs with either all the cables or a GBA in the box. And get some adverts on the telly! Proper ones!

Of course, they won't, but hey-ho!

In fact, I'm pretty much the only person I know with a Gamecube and/or a GBA, so I'm up shit creek as far as this game is concerned.

You don't need to know anyone with a Gamecube, just a GBA.

I know about 6 people with GBAs, about 2 others with GCs, and I have one connection cable thingy.

The chances of me getting this game are still.... small. And this is not because of the availabilty of the hardware, but the availability of time to play it, and the necessary organising it would require in advance.

But... I'll still consider it.

A review is an opinion of course, but to compare the single player experience in FFCC to that of Mario Party is about as wide of the mark as I've ever known (IMO).

I've had a lot of fun with FFCC - both single- and multi-player.

EDIT: Ikaruga, you get one link cable free with the US release, dunno if the PAL one will be the same though.

They'll advertise it 18 months early, that's the problem. ;)

I wondered if anyone else was going to point this out. I remember them advertising (as 'coming soon', I expect) Crystal Chronicles in their TV advert for Christmas 2002. A bit early!

I wondered if anyone else was going to point this out. I remember them advertising (as 'coming soon', I expect) Crystal Chronicles in their TV advert for Christmas 2002. A bit early!

.::: We hated that at the shop... Suddenly we got swarmed in "When's FFCC out?" after which we got (very) angry customers when we told them the truth....

Notch up another one for NoE...

Um, there's a FF:CC ad in the very latest PSM2. Dig that overarching portfolio, Future ad guys!

It's just a picture of a crystal or something dripping a drop of water or something, with the tagline "Millions will find salvation in this droplet".

Scratch one for the cynics? Dunno. You lot decide.

Um, there's a FF:CC ad in the very latest PSM2. Dig that overarching portfolio, Future ad guys!

It's just a picture of a crystal or something dripping a drop of water or something, with the tagline "Millions will find salvation in this droplet".

Scratch one for the cynics? Dunno. You lot decide.

PSM2?

Actually, that's a good idea, telling all the Final Fantasy buffs with PS2s.

.::: Played some PAL code today. Still no 'meaty story' now that I can properly read it, but the focus on memories and the Crystal Chronicle diary are more appearant. It made the single player far more engrossing than I thought it would.

BTW the main theme Kazenone has been dubbed in English! *shock!!!* It's not half bad either.

There's also this LotR/Galadriel/thick english accent/mixture-like female voice doing the intro-speeches (when you enter new area's). Done very nicely, although sometimes the writing goes a bit overboard in terms of melodrama (also appearant in all other texts btw).

Summed up, single-player has gone up a notch in terms of fun. But multiplayer is still where it's at.

Also for translation addicts;

Crystal Cage is now Crystal Chalice

Mirura Drops are now Myrrh Droplets

Mana Tree is now Myrrh Tree

'The Mist' is called Miasma

'The Streams' are called Miasma Streams

Liliths are now Lilties

Interestingly enough (FFVI fans take note), the spell spheres are now 'stones' and are actually referred to by Stiltzkin as Magicite.