No Refunds, You Idiot – The Sony Customer Service Thread

Timmo

• 2 months later...

Sony are under fire again...this time on 'Rip Off Britain' (BBC) today.

Exactly the same story, fraud on PSN.

Sony locking out a kid's account after she got refund from bank over fraudulent charges. Sony citing T&C's.

And another guy, same story, £80 stolen, Sony refusing refund until contacted by the tv show.

Same old Sony. Still angers me this.

• 4 weeks later...

So, not Sony or Microsoft, but Amazon and a good news story for once.

Halo 5 arrived on Tuesday, but couldn't play as Lucas had a 2 day ice hockey trial in Sheffield. Put it on today and it seems some of the data on the disc is missing, or something like that anyway, as we had loads of trouble getting it to install. Contact Amazon and ask if we can send it back for a replacement.

Guy basically says not to worry and he'll send a new copy to be delivered tomorrow, no fuss, just got on with it. So kudos to them.

Whatever happened with that guy where Amazon's delivery service gave his Xbox to an imaginary neighbour, and Amazon said it had been delivered and therefore they would not send another one to the correct address? They've always been really good when I've dealt with them.

In my experience, Amazon customer service is simply the best. Unbeatable. That goes for any Amazon. UK, Germany or US. Haven't had cause to contact any of the others.

Two cases that stand out for me;

- Giving me £80 to purchase 2x PS4 pads because the thumbsticks were rotting on mine. Didn't need to send back.

- refunding a memory card years after purchase when it failed. Funnily, because of the price of memory always dropping, I was able to buy a card much bigger with the same funds.

Plus many other things.

In my experience, Amazon customer service is simply the best. Unbeatable. That goes for any Amazon. UK, Germany or US. Haven't had cause to contact any of the others.

Two cases that stand out for me;

- Giving me £80 to purchase 2x PS4 pads because the thumbsticks were rotting on mine. Didn't need to send back.

They told me to go away and speak to Sony, who told me to go away and speak to Amazon.

I've had nothing but positive results from Amazon CS, a couple of weeks ago I bought a bottle 17 year old Ballantine whisky in a lightning sale, it was supposed to be a limited edition bottle but when it arrived it was the standard bottle, same whisky though just not as collectable, so I asked to return it to be told to keep it and they refunded me in full on top of that they also they sent me a voucher for the saving I would have on the original sale (£12), so in effect they actually paid me to have a free bottle of quite nice blended whisky.

exactly, the supermarkets make these tricky choices for you. if its on the end of aisle and its the cheapest, thats your boyo. i dont even know what brand the whiskey is i just bought, its either bells or highland fuckface, some thistley bullshit on the label, but it was 15 quid and makes me impervious to criticism for a few hours

It all sounded good until the end there.

Nothing wrong with a good blend. There are some phenomenal blended whiskies. Being given a 17 year old blended Ballantine for Free, to an old married fart whose wife frowns upon him spending his pocket money on Whisky, is like winning the fucking lottery matey :lol:

its all the same once you mix it, go for whatevers 15 quid a litre.

I love whisky, we live on the edge of Speyside and I've been lucky enough visit some great distilleries and meet some absolute awesome whisky folks, I belong to a couple of active clubs but I am no whisky snob, drink your whisky as it suits you, all I say is don't be so dismissive as you might find yourself missing out of one of our Nation's finest produce. Spend just a tad more and you might just find a gem. ^_^

I love whisky, we live on the edge of Speyside and I've been lucky enough visit some great distilleries and meet some absolute awesome whisky folks, I belong to a couple of active clubs but I am no whisky snob, drink your whisky as it suits you, all I say is don't be so dismissive as you might find yourself missing out of one of our Nation's finest produce. Spend just a tad more and you might just find a gem. ^_^

And the he'll put coke in it and it won't matter.

He's right, if you want Whisky and Coke, and there's nothing wrong with that, pick whatever of the major brands is on offer this week.

If you're going to drink it, that's a much different prospect. I'm a Glenlivet fan myself but there's a bottle of Bell's in the cupboard for other jobs.

Last April, Amazon gave me a £100 for two pads out of the Killzone gamer pack, despite me only complaining about the sticks on one of them and told me to keep them for the inconvenience.

I sent them an email, didn't even bother with live chat. I've found you seem to get better responces this way.

Either way, GOAT as far as customer service is concerned

Last April, Amazon gave me a £100 for two pads out of the Killzone gamer pack, despite me only complaining about the sticks on one of them and told me to keep them for the inconvenience.

I sent them an email, didn't even bother with live chat. I've found you seem to get better responces this way.

Either way, GOAT as far as customer service is concerned

Mine was from the gamer pack too, maybe they had a different policy if it was in that pack as others didn't have success.

Here's how mine went down:

Hello,

Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:

Initial Question: Hi,

I bought a Playstation 4 console and 2 controllers just before Christmas.

I am experiencing problems with the rubber thumbsticks on the pads.

The first pad is degrading badly on the edge of the thumstick, it is ripped completely. I stopped using this one, but now the 2nd one is starting to degrade the same way as well.

I have played the PS4 a lot, but haven't done anything that should cause this type of damage in less than 6 months.

I can only conclude that the control pads have defective rubber in some way, and is degrading extremely quickly.

Can Amazon help me?

Kind Regards,

04:00 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): Hello, my name is Hafiza. I’m sorry to hear about this, let me resolve this for you.

04:01 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): May I have your order number please?

04:01 PM BST Me: Hi Hafiza, will just be a second.

04:02 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): Sure.

04:02 PM BST Me: My order is; xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

04:02 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): Thank you.

Could you hold for two minutes while I check this for you?

04:02 PM BST Me: Yes, no problem.

04:02 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): Thank you.

04:06 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): Thank you for waiting.

04:07 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): In this case we are unable to send only the control pads.

I have two options for you.

1. To return the complete ps4 for refund.

04:08 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): 2. To keep the item with the partial refund of GBP 65.00.

04:10 PM BST Me: Hi Hafiza, Thank you for you help. I don't think I could live without the PS4 so I would like to accept a partial refund of £65.00. That should be enough for me to replace 1 controller and put a bit towards a 2nd. So, thank you, I would like to go with OPTION 2.

04:11 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): If the cost of the partial refund is not sufficient for you to buy 2 controllers, you may contact us back with the purchase receipt of two controllers and we will refund you the cost later.

04:12 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): Or you may help us with an estimated amount of the cost of 2 controllers.

04:13 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): Is this the one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-DualShock-Controller-PS3/dp/B005UB1KOE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1399389206&sr=1-1&keywords=sony+playstation+controllers

04:14 PM BST Me: The cost of two controllers directly from Amazon right now would be £85.70. Here; http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BF6D63Q/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1BRB589F88FJMQGHM50D&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

The one you linked too is a PS3 controller, not a PS4 controller. :-)

04:15 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): I'm sorry for that.

I will help you with the partial refund of GBP 86.00.

04:15 PM BST Me: That would be superb. Thank you very much!

04:16 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): You're welcome.

I will email you the confirmation.

04:17 PM BST Me: Thank you very much, when is the refund likely to be processed may I ask?

04:17 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): I've just initiated it, it will be completed in 2-3 business days.

04:17 PM BST Me: Ok, thank you very much, you have been very very helpful, I am glad my problem has been sorted.

04:18 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): You're welcome. Thank you for your kind comments.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

04:18 PM BST Me: No, that is all, thank you!

04:19 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): Thank you for visiting Amazon Chat. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day!

04:19 PM BST Me: You too!

04:19 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): Thank you.

04:19 PM BST Me: Goodbye

04:19 PM BST Hafiza(Amazon): Bye!

I love Hafiza.

Here was my email reply:

Hello Mike,

My name is Shyam M. I've picked up your e-mail today and I'll do my very best to help you with your query.

I can understand that both controller where become damaged. I am sorry about the problem you had with the item.

In this situation, since the 'Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4)' is still usable other than controllers,

I've now requested a refund of GBP 100.00 to your payment card. So that you can buy controllers separately in local or you can also buy the PS4 controllers from Amazon.co.uk by visiting the following link: -cut-

Nice one amazon

People should drink whiskey how they want really. Thy way everyone's happy.

Oh absolutely.

I'm just saying that while there's a lot of point in buying good Whisky, that stops applying instantly when you're mixing it because then you really won't taste the difference.

Which is why I have both kinds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More bullshit from them, expecting me to pay 125 quid for a machine bricked by their update

me:

Your Question:
hi, i have a problem with my ps4. 2 months ago when the system 3.00 update came out, i updated the machine, and ever since then it does not work. the update never ever takes to the machine. ive tried every single possible option. i get the error 30631-3, which does not have a single solution on the internet. what ive done:

swapped hard drives, reinstalled from usb, wiped the entire machine, rebuilt database, reinstalled the full system software from usb, from internet connectivity from the machine itself..

absolutely NOTHING works, i work in IT and i do this stuff for a living, trust me ive tried every single option and variable possible. this update 3.00 has killed the machine. its not even 2 years old, it was bought in the 1st year launch in december, its been used normally, and now it does nothing but reboot in an attempt to install an update, which never works. you can access safe mode, but nothing in there helps. basically im stuck, it needs a repair or a replacement from yourselves, and not even being 2 years old i think that sounds fair. please can you help. thanks

them:

Thanks for your recent contact with PlayStation Support.

From what you have told me, I would agree that your console sounds like it is needs of repair or replacement.

As your console is now out of warranty, if you were to book a repair through ourselves, and out of warranty fee of £125 would apply.

If you would like to proceed with this option, please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below. Quote [reference removed] and one of our team will be happy to help you.

Thanks,

me

Hi, thanks for your email.
I'm sure you're aware of the 2 year European warranty on electronics, a brand new ps4 should not be breaking due to one of your own software updates within that time frame, therefore it is covered in warranty, and shouldn't require any payment. No amount of emails advising me that this is "policy" will dissuade me from this, and taking it further by law, by which I am covered. I look forward to your reply
cleardot.gif

tesco, they gave me gesture payment of about 45% and advised me to go to sony. maybe that was stupid to take, but i didnt expect sony asking for 125 quid. if i get no joy with them i'll sell my ps4 stuff for now, like pockets says further back, i look at the machine with a grimace now.

Whatever happened with that guy where Amazon's delivery service gave his Xbox to an imaginary neighbour, and Amazon said it had been delivered and therefore they would not send another one to the correct address? They've always been really good when I've dealt with them.

Amazon were refusing point blank to acknowledge him, got to the point where told him to stop contacting them. So he got in touch with a list of all his rights and notice that he had contacted the police. They changed their minds then. IIRC

i was hoping sony would offer something better than 125 quid to patch up my machine, i dont have much confidence in them and throwing more money at it doesnt make much sense. i mean..125 quid flat rate for repair, what if it was a tiny screw inside that had come loose, to use a daft example. its just crap support for an unreliable system, the internet is full of people who've had machines bricked by updates. mine doesnt even turn on now after attempting to reinstall via usb.