Assassin's Creed: Unity

Chadruharazzeb

When I saw the thread title I honestly though this would be set in 1957!

Still using the same old engine then. I'll probably get it regardless as I enjoy the AC series even if they are nothing more than collectathon's.

Gameplay the same as ACII or Brotherhood, only set in France, and I'm buying a PS4.

Looks pretty flat and lifeless. Can people who've played 4 tell if it's that same guy?

Guy? Looks like a girl.

Interesting that they've done away with the numbers in the title now too.

Just hope as others have said that they revamp the control scheme for this. Black Flag was really creaking under the strain of having to use a system not designed for that game at all, both in terms of the free running and combat.

The setting doesn't look that much different from AC2 though.

Now, instead of pressing up and one button and the game playing itself, you now have to press two! You have to decide if you're going to go up, or down! Will you go up...? Or will you go... down?! The choice is literally yours.

Now, instead of pressing up and one button and the game playing itself, you now have to press two! You have to decide if you're going to go up, or down! Will you go up...? Or will you go... down?! The choice is literally yours.

You always had that choice, although whether you character did as instructed was another matter.

To be fair, going down (wahey etc) was never a problem, you could always just hold the 'b' button on the xbox version (or similar), and you'd always run off whatever you were climbing on. The problem was climbing things you didn't mean to- whoever thought combining the run/climb-up functions was a good idea is an idiot.

Can't remember any recent series of games when I've struggled against the controls so much.

If that's rendered in-game, then it looks great!

I suspect it may not be though.

The leaker forced their hand, as they jokingly say in the description, 6-8 months left for polish and finalising content.

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche [Let them eat cake]! We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand! So here's a true first look at in-game footage from Assassin's Creed Unity. Stay tuned - we'll have many more exciting details for you in the months ahead!

Assassin's Creed is a series I really should enjoy - I love adventure games like Tomb Raider and Uncharted, and I've loved pretty much every 3D Prince of Persia.

And I've really, really tried to get into AC4, believe me I have. I started it twice and everything, and I loved the main character and the setup, but the controls are just fucking rubbish.

Girlfriend can't get enough of them though. And I really hope they've done something about the controls because this looks gorgeous.