rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Chadruharazzeb

Assassin's Creed: Unity

Looks pretty flat and lifeless. Can people who've played 4 tell if it's that same guy?

I hoped they go back to a large city with lots of tall interesting buildings, as much fun as the sailing aspect was for 4, mainly because it was a nice change up.

I wonder if they've posted screens from the 360 version by mistake? It doesn't look in any better than AC2.

And for a game series which promises "the whole of history to play with" do we really need another game set in the 18th century?

When I saw the thread title I honestly though this would be set in 1957!

Still using the same old engine then. I'll probably get it regardless as I enjoy the AC series even if they are nothing more than collectathon's.

Gameplay the same as ACII or Brotherhood, only set in France, and I'm buying a PS4.

Looks pretty flat and lifeless. Can people who've played 4 tell if it's that same guy?

Guy? Looks like a girl.

but this is SO early morning Paris it hurts.

seems that as they strive for realism, gamers reject it

post-181-0-38350000-1395313244.jpg

Interesting that they've done away with the numbers in the title now too.

Just hope as others have said that they revamp the control scheme for this. Black Flag was really creaking under the strain of having to use a system not designed for that game at all, both in terms of the free running and combat.

The setting doesn't look that much different from AC2 though.

Now, instead of pressing up and one button and the game playing itself, you now have to press two! You have to decide if you're going to go up, or down! Will you go up...? Or will you go... down?! The choice is literally yours.

• Upvote 3

I didn't realise they were leaked from an early version. On that basis I think it's running quite nicely, and it looks way better in the rest if the shots than it does it that posted one.

Now, instead of pressing up and one button and the game playing itself, you now have to press two! You have to decide if you're going to go up, or down! Will you go up...? Or will you go... down?! The choice is literally yours.

You always had that choice, although whether you character did as instructed was another matter.

To be fair, going down (wahey etc) was never a problem, you could always just hold the 'b' button on the xbox version (or similar), and you'd always run off whatever you were climbing on. The problem was climbing things you didn't mean to- whoever thought combining the run/climb-up functions was a good idea is an idiot.

Can't remember any recent series of games when I've struggled against the controls so much.

First official Alpha footage, can see the bump, 3 years dev already, seems like it is indeed current gen only.

• Upvote 1

If that's rendered in-game, then it looks great!

I suspect it may not be though.

Not much to go on for a game which is supposedly out in about six months.

All I could think of, for some reason, was Watch Dogs.

Yeah, that looks, looks, very nice. Does look, in style,very similar to 2, though, but then I suppose it will.

The leaker forced their hand, as they jokingly say in the description, 6-8 months left for polish and finalising content.

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche [Let them eat cake]! We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand! So here's a true first look at in-game footage from Assassin's Creed Unity. Stay tuned - we'll have many more exciting details for you in the months ahead!

Assassin's Creed is a series I really should enjoy - I love adventure games like Tomb Raider and Uncharted, and I've loved pretty much every 3D Prince of Persia.

And I've really, really tried to get into AC4, believe me I have. I started it twice and everything, and I loved the main character and the setup, but the controls are just fucking rubbish.

Girlfriend can't get enough of them though. And I really hope they've done something about the controls because this looks gorgeous.

• Upvote 3

First official Alpha footage, can see the bump, 3 years dev already, seems like it is indeed current gen only.

that looks stunning. and is maybe the first proper next gen looking game i have seen.

if thats real time - thats a massive graphical jump.

It's the number of people in the crowd that's really impressive.That must have been well into the hundreds.

Surely Ubi wouldn't release anything too outlandishly optimistic so soon after the Watch Dogs backlash.

Would they?