Assassin's Creed: Unity

Chadruharazzeb

The game is out at the end of the year. It says alpha. Everything looks in game - the parts that raised an eyebrow wereh the fog/smoke and perhaps the crowd.

Everything near to the camera has the unmistakeable in engine texture look.

A game that pretty, that plays just like ACII or Brotherhood... oh yes.

But in reality it'll be another ACIII/IV disappointment and further departure from actually being an AC game, won't it.

If you were disappointed by ACIV then I don't know what to say to you.

I was disappointed it included more of the worst bits of III (naval battles), and wasn't a return to II/B/R.

I've not played it yet though so I hope to be convinced otherwise.

I was disappointed it included more of the worst bits of III (naval battles), and wasn't a return to II/B/R.

I've not played it yet though so I hope to be convinced otherwise.

its great. how can you be disappointed with something you haven't played - thats been heaped with praise?

Why can't they see that annualisation is going to kill this franchise within a few years? Assassins Creed 4 shows that the devs want to do something interesting with it, so give them some fucking time and stop chasing ever diminishing, short term profits!

I liked Assassins Creed IV, but I think i would have enjoyed it even more if it was just a fun pirate game divorced from all the Assassins Creed gumph and mechanics. I'm the most feared pirate on the seven seas, leaping onto burning decks with a cutlass between my teeth, discovering hitherto undiscovered islands... Now if you'll just excuse me I'm going to hide in this bush for 10 minutes listening to two idiots jabber away.

Please make it have a main character with personality and not another Connor Kenway. Assassins Creed 3 could have been so much better if they had just focussed on Haytham instead of switching to him. Edward was a lot better but as good as he was, he still wasn't an Ezio.

I'm really glad it's returning to historical cities. I loved climbing up cathedrals and what have you.

Yeah, I got a Crackdown vibe from that building under construction. I must be in a very small demographic, but IV was my first AC, and so I can't wait for this.

its great. how can you be disappointed with something you haven't played - thats been heaped with praise?

It might be great. But it's moved further away from the Assassin's Creed game I like to play. It might be the best damn pirate game ever made, and I might enjoy playing the best damn pirate game ever made, but I'll still be disappointed it isn't Assassin's Creed.

Assassin's Creed IV wasn't great at all. It was better than three, but still littered with things needing improvement.

The naval combat, whilst handled pretty well, stayed exactly the same throughout the whole game, very quickly getting boring. There was a huge missed opportunity here for adding more tactics without making it a fully fledged naval combat simulator. And the fact that you could just board another ship mid combat with multiple vessels, with them just leaving your ship alone whilst you were busy plundering one of their own was bizarre. Plus, all the upgrades were merely just passive stat increases rather than changing the way you'd approach attacking other ships.

There were, as normal, way too many collectibles, and even then they were incredibly easy to reveal on your map. So the challenge became purely spending the time walking over to them. They weren't even well hidden or inventive to get to.

The combat system was built on the controls of early entries in the series, but didn't actually have uses for many of them- for example, you could use your 'tools', like smoke bombs, after parrying an attack, but that was exactly the same as using them outside of combat. The unarmed combat had post-parrying moves of things like punching them in the face, or throwing them, when again, the other post-parrying move was to incapacitate them instantly. Why would you bother with the former?

Plus, it still had all the other age-old problems with the series, like accidentally climbing up something when you're trying to run around it.

It was better than 3, absolutely, but it wasn't a 'great' game.

Why can't they see that annualisation is going to kill this franchise within a few years? Assassins Creed 4 shows that the devs want to do something interesting with it, so give them some fucking time and stop chasing ever diminishing, short term profits!

If nearly 4 years development is regarded as annualisation now, God help us all :)

It's like CoD and Battlefield and Need for Speed now, a multi-team game of pass-the-parcel. The only fly-in-the-ointment being whether you as the consumer still have the appetite for exploring periods of history in 3rd person annually, but people have been shooting each other in the face across the internet since the 1990s and that shows no sign of waning (unfortunately).

As Ubisoft stated once, if you can maintain the quality, the consumer wants it. Vote with your wallet, it's the only way, complaining about them while still buying them isn't going to fix them.