Assassin's Creed: Unity

Chadruharazzeb

Nerd AC lore answer: after ACIII, there was some kind of technological breakthrough where you can explore the memories of people you're not directly descended from. So the guy/girl in ACIV wasn't a descendent of Ezio, Conor, Haytham, and all that mob, and your co-op partners in Unity will presumably be four different animus guys (not girls obviously, they're too hard to animate).

Actually, the Abstergo bits in IV show how shit Ubi are at animating women as they all appear to have hunches.

And even the girl pirate they had to pretend was a man to be able to animate them.

Actually, the Abstergo bits in IV show how shit Ubi are at animating women as they all appear to have hunches.

And even the girl pirate they had to pretend was a man to be able to animate them.

I found out where the Ubisoft animators researched the females' movement in the Abstergo offices...

I watched some leaked Beta footage of Unity yesterday. Generally speaking it was an uninteresting video of an unfinished game so I can't be arsed to find a working mirror, but the player came across two inaccessible chests: one required you to use an app to unlock it, the other had you go to the Initiates website. That's not even monetising, just weird corporate box ticking that doesn't benefit anyone; "driving the social experience", or whatever.

Unity might be something of a mechanical reboot, but unfortunately the continued 'UbiSofting' of the series doesn't appear to have missed a beat.

It did, you could pay to have things like everything shown on your map from the start or all the shanties etc.

I'm 30 hours in and have never seen anything like this.

So if Unity is like that, I'm back in.

They're right on the menu screen. Unlocks all ship upgrades or multiplayer unlocks.

Nope. Got none of that.

Those DLC time saver packs and stuff aren't really the cynical type of IAP people are referring to. It's the multiplayer where Black flag has IAP in the form of one of those parallel currencies (you get "Animus" credits playing the game normally and "Erudito" credits which can be bought in packs of about £3.99, 7.99, etc). It's entirely optional (pointless even) as you could only really purchase emblems and that. However if you did want to legitimately unlock everything without paying any money it would take years (literally) as the price differences between the currencies was mental.

Looks like this has been pushed back a couple of weeks, which is a pain in the arse as it's now out the exact same week as FC4. I don't imagine Ubisoft would want their own games eating each others sales so I'd expect further movement before they're out.

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4)"
Estimated arrival date: November 13 2014

• 2 months later...