rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Chadruharazzeb

Assassin's Creed: Unity

I can't help but keep thinking this is some sort of shitty tablet version running on Unity every time I see the title....

• Upvote 1

Just watched some leaked PS4 gameplay on youtube (links are being taken down quickly by ubisoft), this is looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNAHSAHsQ34

Will wait to read reviews & thoughts on the microtransactions before purchasing.

The LOD pop-in on the crowds is really noticeable :mellow:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The LOD pop-in on the crowds is really noticeable :mellow:

I'm still hopeful that this can be resolved somewhat with the inevitable Day One patch.

I can't believe they still offer the same archaic mechanics and they are getting away with it. We gamers are a sad bunch.

edit: What is up with this pop up? We are supposed to be in the next gen.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Oh come on, it's not that big a deal. It's not like actual gameplay or missions are being held back, it's a generic outfit and sword which the vast majority of people who play the game probably won't even realise exists. It's pretty good marketing if you ask me.

DLC assassin's hood codes would be better suited to packs of Durex.

Lol, people who play Assassin's Creed don't have sex.

Here's a trailer thing which covers the "new" stuff, although basically it's all just marketing crap. "Crowds of 5,000, each with their own lives!" Yeah, and probably about 12 lines of dialogue between them. I find myself interested in spite of myself, though, I just like Paris.

Climbing the Eiffel Tower will obviously be amazing but that whole thing still looks totally stupid.

Oh come on, it's not that big a deal. It's not like actual gameplay or missions are being held back, it's a generic outfit and sword which the vast majority of people who play the game probably won't even realise exists. It's pretty good marketing if you ask me.

They're slicing bits out of their game to use as a cross promotion with fucking shaving gel. It's pathetic.

They're slicing bits out of their game to use as a cross promotion with fucking shaving gel. It's pathetic.

It is. But only because I don't shave!

Its a some random cosmetic items, hardly the end of the world.

• Downvote 1

Uhhhhhh somehow I picked up a copy of this today, the Bastille edition? I'm not really sure what happened. The guy in the shop near me was unpacking boxes and must not have known the release date :lol:

I'll stream some tonight and see if my channel gets shut down :lol:

• Upvote 5

The Bastille edition is really nice, FWIW.

What do I do with my newfound superpower?

Post spoilers everywhere?

The Bastille edition is really nice, FWIW.

What do I do with my newfound superpower?

Post spoilers everywhere?

Host a Q&A session.

First question I have is microtransactions, are they in the game? If yes how are they implemented?

It is. But only because I don't shave!

Its a some random cosmetic items, hardly the end of the world.

Nor do I think it is (I understand my preference for extreme language makes it look like I'm more concerned about things than I actually feel or mean to communicate). I do think it's pathetic though.

Shave.

This whole beard / shave thing was dying when I joined the forum in 2005. I'm always amazed when people still use it.

And yes, I was obviously being sarcastic.

• Upvote 1

I'll be honest, I've never understood the beard/shave thing. Relative newcomer, me.

That would have been such a great thing to just find out from playing the game.

Marketing, yay!

Yep. :(

I haven't even watched the trailer but I was told about it by my brother. It was great playing the first Assassin's Creed and discovering that there was more to the plot than they let on.

Uhh, you know when AC3 came out and it started radically differently to the way all the promotional stuff would have you believe?

Yeah.