rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
BeeJay

The PlusCast, Oct 15, Xeodrifter, Super Time Force and Sony bashing

Just finished listening to it and enjoyed it. :D It's a great idea for a podcast as it has potential for fans of all sorts of different games to drop in and share their views (if Persona or Street Fighter games ever end up on Plus I'd be happy to contribute a few views ;) ) and it's a great way of letting listeners know about games that they might not have considered playing previously or will have downloaded but might not have had time to play yet. I also liked how it not only talked about the current games on offer but also Plus as a service and how it affects someone's gaming schedule. Looking forward to future instalments. :)

Just finished listening to it and enjoyed it. :D It's a great idea for a podcast as it has potential for fans of all sorts of different games to drop in and share their views (if Persona or Street Fighter games ever end up on Plus I'd be happy to contribute a few views ;) ) and it's a great way of letting listeners know about games that they might not have considered playing previously or will have downloaded but might not have had time to play yet. I also liked how it not only talked about the current games on offer but also Plus as a service and how it affects someone's gaming schedule. Looking forward to future instalments. :)

Thanks. The concept is definitely sound and hopefully we can reach people with the podcast who wouldn't normally listen to gaming podcasts because the majority are focussed on new games. With this, a psplus subscription boys you into the podcast too. You can listen to the podcast and go straight to the console to play the games discussed.

I'll definitely call on you for the persona and sf games should they ever come up but you don't need to be an expert in the games to get involved.

Anyway, back to the impossibly hard pixeljunk monsters.

I'm up for Friday again.

Excellent

How does this work? Is it via Skype or something?

Sorry, should have mentioned that. Yes, by skype.

Yeah you should have the mp3 somewhere and an rss feed? That embedded player is dead on mobile.

Oh you've got time to 'listen' to podcasts?

Hahaha!

Believe it or not, it takes a little longer to produce one than it takes to listen to one!

Also I can pause a podcast when a baby starts shitting on my hands.

Mucky iPhone but it can be done.

• Upvote 1

Hahaha!

Believe it or not, it takes a little longer to produce one than it takes to listen to one!

Mucky iPhone but it can be done.

Bloody excuses!

I really do dislike listening to myself...It's bad enough when you have a face for radio, but throw in a voice for silent movies and well :lol:

• Upvote 1

This is a great idea and only great things can come from a forum based podcast.

Great first episode chaps, looking forward to these immensely.

Is there any way I can subscribe to this or download the episode to listen on my phone please?

Yeah, I tried to do this and get it on iTunes but found that it was beyond my abilities.

If anyone can help then please do so. I spent about 5 hours downloading this and that, following guides and all sorts and still failed miserably.

You need some webspace to host the files - I use a Wordpress-based blog and add a new post for each episode with the mp3 file and episode description,etc. Then you can set up a Feedburner account to work with your RSS feed and that will do the rest. Getting it onto iTunes once you're set-up with that is nice and simple; you just submit your Feedburner feed and choose which category you want to be listed under, etc.

I'm happy to help in more depth if you need it. It was completely bewildering to me at first but it's actually relatively simple to get going.

Try nappies, I've found they're really well suited for (mostly) keeping them from shitting on your hands.

Try nappies, I've found they're really well suited for (mostly) keeping them from shitting on your hands.

Try the 30 seconds between removing the old and putting down the new.

• Upvote 1

If anyone can chip in to this, I'd be more than happy to drivel on if any contributors are needed/ welcomed.

Episode 3 is now up in the OP.

Including in depth but spoiler free discussion of Brothers, Brad's Smart As deleting debacle, Superstarbeejay being shit at Pixeljunk Monsters and the potential for broadcasting (games just not in dead nation).

Next month I would like to have Hotline Miami as our game of the month and would like a guest contributor for that.

Please step up if you love Hotline Miami (as I'm sure lots of you do).

I will try and get the itunes integration working today to get it on there.

• Upvote 2

See, I knew that I had seen a picture of Mercenary Kings in split screen co-op, might not make the full PS4 release of course.

_1389486265.jpg

We lost a chunk of the recording, which is a shame (Tomb Raider and Dead Nation).

Which is a shame as I like our discussion on the interactive broadcast possibilities.

Oh well, teething problems are part and parcel of everything.

I've just checked the original recording hoping that it would be fine and I have made a mistake in editing. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and 20 minutes or so of the podcast has been lost. I guess that's what happens when you rely on a free service that has already failed once. I've just got a sub of Pamela, hopefully that will be more reliable.

Ah well, 2/3rds of a podcast is better than no podcast at all.

We can cover the broadcasting stuff a little again next month :)

Updated the OP as the next one is out. Mercenary Kings, Hotline Miami, remote play and more.

This one seems to have worked without a hitch so get listening.

• Upvote 2

I hope you haven't slagged off Mercenary Kings! I wanted to get in on the action on this month if only to defend it. As far as I can tell I'm one of the few who really likes it.

I hope you haven't slagged off Mercenary Kings! I wanted to get in on the action on this month if only to defend it. As far as I can tell I'm one of the few who really likes it.

I think I was fairly balanced but maybe came across more negative than intended. I have enjoyed playing it. I'd love to have you on the podcast Jimmy so please come on next month.

Just listened and I think you both did it justice actually! Pretty happy with the appraisal given and really enjoyed it.

Would love to join in next month but will have to sort out a microphone first! (Suggestions appreciated)