IGNORED

FTL7 - League

Steely

post-5555-0-11668800-1396696983_thumb.pn

Injuries: C Benteke *sob*

Charles NZogbia was the man of the moment with 2 thunderbolt strikes from outside the area, in a hard fought victory only marred by Benteke pulling up with almost the last kick of the game! Cheers for the game Keith.

Excellent game Steely - N'Zogbia's first bouncing just over the line, reminiscent of Lampard's disallowed goal against Germany, was heartbreaking, a pain matched by Negredo's effort minutes later bouncing just on the line. I'm glad Benteke is injured though, even if I don't get to benefit from it - he's horrible.

Everton (MardiganX) 2 - 0 Man Utd (Baring)

Goals - Mirallas, Pogba

No injuries

Man Utd started the better team and were unlucky not to take the lead when Rooney hit the bar. Everton defended well and rather fortuitously went ahead when Mirallas volleyed home a weak De Gea punch. Pogba made it 2-0 in the second half while Everton remained solid.

Everton (MardiganX) 2 - 3 Arsenal (Keith's Dad)

Goals - Mirallas, Pogba

No injuries

After taking a 2 goal lead within 20 minutes Everton took the foot of the gas and paid the price. Arsenals pace on the wings caused no end of problems as they scored 3 goals from headers after good work on the flank. As is the pattern with FIFA Evertons attempts to defend the crosses were a fucking comedy. Schurrle has been good filling the gap left by the injured Lukaku but Everton badly need a quality striker in the mid season transfer window. Well played Keith's Dad :)

Good game Mardigan. My goals came courtesy of Ozil (x2) and Negredo, all from headers. After a shambolic start, I got to grips with the pace of Deulofeu and Mirallas down the wings, and used Walcott's speed to hit back, with Theo providing the cross for Ozil's first. A good break from defence from Koscielny saw the centre back tear apart Everton's left back on the flank, crossing in for Negredo to head home to level before half time. The second half started quite tentatively from both sides, but soon enough both of us were going at it looking for the winner. Some great goalkeeping meant it looked as if it were headed for a draw, but with the last attack of the match, Cazorla crossed in from the left for bug-eyed Wunderkind (he's 25 - is that too old to be called a Wunderkind? Fuck it he's German, I'm tired, it'll do) Mesut Ozil to leap majestically over the entire Everton backline - somehow - and power a header into the top corner.

Well played mate, I look forward to the return fixture. Also, no injuries to report.

Cheers for the game Mardigan, didn't feel I deserved to lose really, it was quite even but I really should have been in the lead before De Gea fucked up again.

He could have simple caught it, instead he punched it straight to your man for a volley into the open goal. Been the story of my FTL season so far.

Well played and good luck for the rest.

Both very tight games lads. I have been riding my luck so far in this FTL as my league position shows but it came undone against a tough and pacey Arsenal side. Ozil was attacking those headers like a young Bierhoff. To be fair though my first goal was from the same situation with the Arsenal defence allowing Mirallas pretty much a free header.

There was nothing in our game Baring I was just luckier with those finishes. Bale threatened to open me up early on but getting Pogba to sit deeper on that side helped a lot.

All the best in the rest of your games lads and see you in the second half :)

If any of the above want to play tonight let me know. If I'm on the PS3 just chuck me a msg. It's bloody annoying when you're on the PS3 that you can't see people online on the PS4, but you can vice versa.

Southampton 1-0 Arsenal

Lallana 40

No injuries

Saints' impressive home form continued with a very hard fought victory against a well drilled and dangerous Arsenal side.

The winning goal came from one of few times when I managed to puncture through the right side of the Gunners' defence, Lallana's first shot being saved well only for the rebound to trickle back to him for an open goal tap-in.

It was probably the best chance of the game, although Ozil had an excellent chance from a similar rebound goalie save, but on that occasion Boruc got up quickly and repelled the German's low effort. Ameobi headed over twice for Saints when unmarked from 6 yards out, whilst Walcott also went close twice with two shots across goal. Him and Buttner had a fascinating battle all game down Southampton's left.

In truth, defences were on top, chances at a premium and I was just lucky my goal fell the way it did. Well played Keith, really close match - looking forward to the rematch.

The doctor gave me some painkillers before. I was just about to take them when I got a message from Jamin. Figured I'd best play him before getting high. It made no difference, I lost anyway. Now my back hurts AND I'm sad. Bollocks.

Well played mate, you've built a solid team there. They were having none of the trickery of Cazorla or Ozil, and they were too strong in the air for Negredo, leaving me with Walcott as my only attacking option. I think Ozil and Cazorla are for the chopping block when the window opens, they're doing nothing for me.

Also, no injuries.

Sorry mate, you should've delayed the game due to back issues - I would've understood!

Yeah it was one of my best performances defence-wise, but that said you still broke through 2 or 3 times I got a bit lucky with some of the bobbles, whereas my goal was pretty much me just getting lucky with the rebound. I didn't catch the stats (other than the injury-front) but it felt like a very even game.

Newcastle 2-4 Southampton

No injuries

Pretty intense game this, and one which I barely deserved a win. Nathaniel Clyne got himself sent off on 17 minutes meaning I had 73 minutes with 10 men, and man did it show.

The end screen shows Outsider had 17 shots, 8 on target, I had 5 shots, 4 on target. That tells you pretty much all you need to know about the kind of smash and grab performed on Tyneside.

Played man, see you for the return.

Shalo 4 v 5 Baring

Injuries to Rooney(90th min again!) and Davies

Nice to play in such an attacking game with both sides unable to defend, Shalo played really well and if he had a similar rated side to me I imagine I would have got hammered, his finishes from Swansea were awesome, all drilled into the corners. Bale, Rvp and co just had that upper edge and could score from anything.

Cheers for the game mate, gutted Rooney got injured at the end. Rvp and Bale up front for my next opponent!