Atari Lynx Appreciation Thread

T-Tris isn't worth getting.  It's an ok version of Tetris, but you can't just speed the drop for a second or two.  Once you speed it up, you're committed.  Also, one of the buttons speeds it up, which annoyed me at first as I tried to rotate, and sat helplessly as tetraminoes plunged to the bottom.

But worst of all, no music at all, which really kills the atmosphere.  Instead you get an annoying boing sound.

It's cool to have Tetris on the Lynx, but puzzle fans should stick to Klax, and Tetris fans should get a Game Boy or DS.

• 2 weeks later...

Elvira.

Are those licensed tables then? Would love to know what this is like. I absolutely loved the Elvira-themed Scared Stiff table back in the day. They had one in a pub near where I lived.

There are two tables - Elvira and the Party Monsters, and Police Force.  Seems they are based on real pinball tables.

I haven't played it yet, but by all accounts this is OK, a bit floaty, with great sound, and good graphics but a bit too much going on to follow the action.

I've bought it more to fill another hole in my Lynx collection than because I actually wanted to play it, although I'll certainly give it a go.  Not that far off a complete collection now, although I'm certainly not going for the unreleased demos, prototypes and variations of games.  Some collectors get all the box sizes and cart shapes for every game.  I'll be happy with just one of every game released.

17 hours ago, Tomcat said:

A bit more scuffed than I hoped, but Pinball Jam is now with me.

I'm in love with the woman in the artwork.

116432472_10222560303292116_3099739436951771011_o.jpg

I’ll just leave this here...

Anyone want some empty Lynx game boxes and manuals? Having a clear out - sold most of my retro stuff five years ago, must have forgotten these. 

PM me if so and I can send them for the cost of postage?

Screenshot_20200808-230435.png

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Oracle said:

So that Atari lynx multi cart has turned up and I dont have a lynx to use it on.....anyone interested?

Could you describe it, maybe add a picture, and day how much you have in mind?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread is looking a bit like a person photo album of mine.

Good Lynx haul today, almost making up for the Game Gear Micro disappointment.

The cart next to Electrocop is an additional missions pack for Cybervirus.

120709062_1123477888049678_5636001305198449333_o.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...