rllmuk

Your retro youtube videos

I got two more as well.

Last weeks is Street Fighter 2. I thought it might be good to have a super famous game on my channel. And it opens the door to do videos on all the sequels. Particularly happy with my inserting Daigo into the last match.

And then today's video is Bubble-Bobble.

I'm a bit worried that my videos are getting a bit long. As this one is quite short I bumped it up the schedule a bit

This one has a copyright claim on it by some random band i've never heard of, who definitely did not write this music. I'm not sure what to do about that. It still shows up, and doesn't appear to have an advert on it, so i guess it doesn't matter. But in the short look I had at the dispute page, there doesn't seem to be an option where you can just say its wrong. Maybe I should just leave it.

On 22/02/2020 at 09:59, Fuddle said:

I got two more as well.

Last weeks is Street Fighter 2. I thought it might be good to have a super famous game on my channel. And it opens the door to do videos on all the sequels. Particularly happy with my inserting Daigo into the last match.

I've been enjoying your videos! Not seen the Bubble Bobble one yet but have loved them all so far.

• Upvote 2
On 27/02/2020 at 19:44, Fuddle said:

Thanks very much. :wub:

the bubble bobble one seems to be doing ok (over 10 views already!)

maybe shorter is better

@Lorfarius will explain it better, because he explained it to me but that short is not better for discoverability.

Your problem really is you're still at the point where one mention in a tweet could account for the difference between videos.  I can't remember if I mentioned that one on Twitter but if that brought you 3 then it's enough to skew your results.

There's a section for it with details to get there here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807684?hl=en-GB

You can put a counter claim in on a copyright tweet but all you are doing is sending a message through the system to the claimant, telling them why you think it's not there's or they don't have a right to it. Very hit and miss, depending on if you get a real person.  The one benefit these days is only the section affected will lose ad revenue but going off your number of subs and views I wouldn't worry too much about it.  

Been hit by loads of these over the years as I've around 1150 vids.  If you were a bigger poster with piles of support online its sometimes a good idea to moan about it on there as enough support will get them investigated. Nintendo even came after me once and it's a sort of badge of pride :lol:

I definitely need to stop looking at the numbers so much, and just stick to what I’m doing. I know they don’t matter right now, but it’s easy to get caught up in them.

Just the other day one of my old Mario kart 8 replays got 20 views in a few hours. This is the wii u version, a video that’s been up for 6 years!

I made sure to go back and add end cards to them all though :lol:

Taking a look at Hat Trick Hero S on the Sega Saturn this week, in two video the first if my thoughts and impression on this arcade football game. It is a enhanced port of TAITO Power Goal / Hat Trick Hero '95 released in arcades. Not normally a sports game fan, but this one I like.

The second is a full longplay of the extra Saturn World League mode.

• Upvote 1

Not strictly "mine" but

I used to work for Blockbuster in the mid-2000s, we had an instore "TV" channel called BBTV showing trailers and adverts for Blockbuster related items.  Obviously back then this wasn't broadcast, it was DVDs sent to store monthly.

Sorting out a storage unit this week I came across one of those DVDs, from February 2005.  So I've uploaded all 5 weeks trailer reels as well as the supporting material such as the "Store is closing" video and an internal loss prevention advice reel.  I can't find any of these on YouTube so it's an interesting archive.

More at http://tiny.cc/yesterzine

• Upvote 2

My last two videos

Last week was Air Gallet. A shmup which seems pretty cool to me.

And today's is Valkyrie no Densetsu. A pocky and rocky style shoot em up.

They were both recorded a while back, and valkyrie suffers a little from recording at 30 fps. which i know now better about. It's not too bad though.

Never heard of either till I played them. But I think they are both good games.

• Upvote 1

OK, so trying something new this week going to have a commentated and game audio only of the same video, today is the commentated version. Tomorrow will be the game audio only version.

Quick video from yesterday as I've got to finish a hardware review for later in the week,  this is the North American only, Xbox and Gamecube title Smashing Drive, which is a port of an arcade game. Also got a GBA version which did get a PAL release. Quite a fun driving arcade game, not much depth or content, but certainly fun.

3 hours ago, ianinthefuture said:

I spent a lot of time on this one, still can see the seams and some things about it annoy me, but it's one of my best vids to date I think:

I didn't know any of this, I don't think I ever had one on PS.  You'd think that loading would have been fairly easily avoidable, at least on 3 and Trilogy.

My video from last saturday is Cheeky Mouse.

This is by far the most work i've put into editing a video, and it's pretty short too.

I think it's my best so far?

This week maybe shouldn't really go in here. It's Sonic forces, currently on PS+.

I thought i'd give it a go... i don't like it.

I'll stick it below anyway

Spoiler

Got a longplay of the Japanese version of Final Fight One as Alpha Cody on GBA and a look at the first level of Astérix & Obélix XXL which was a PAL exclusive on Gamecube:

So I've started doing week day stream from 9:30pm starting this week to cheer up everyone on lock down. Previous streams had been a bit troublesome so I just went and downloaded the latest version of OBS Studio and it's been working really well. Can stream at 720p60 without issue.

Today and yesterday streams were Kirby Air Ride and Homeland on Gamecube. Tomorrow me and some of the team will be doing some versus fights on Marvel Super Heroes VS. Street Fighter on Sega Saturn! Open for ideas on what to stream as well, so feedback welcome

• Upvote 1

forgot to put these here, i'm losing track of what day it is now.

last week i put up two videos of Ridge Racer. A winning run on the novice and intermediate races.... i still cant do the advanced one.

and this weekend was boulderdash, which I didn't even know had an arcade version.

• Upvote 1
On 03/04/2020 at 15:18, Dudley said:

OBS is a lovely thing, I do all my capture with it.

Same here, all my PC gameplay captures comes from the original OBS, I had to install the new OBS Studio to stream as the older version didn't seem to work correctly. By the way if anyone need a good free editor checkout Shotcut, it what I use to make videos and they've been making the software for quite a few years now so is becoming a very solid video editor to use, with a lot of feature.

New longplay video this one on the classic shmup Steel Empire this is the GBA version, played on the GBA Player.

Also yesterday's stream was on Burnout 2, right now I'm just editing out the attract mode at the start where I made a cup of tea so skip a few minutes at the start. Tonight's stream will be on the Gamecube Puzzle Bobble.

Hope everyone had a good easter weekend, got another live stream tonight on Golden Sun on the GBA

Also got a playthough video of the console only survival mode for Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter on Sega Saturn:

• 2 weeks later...

More gaming goodness with a short look at the rather good remake of Star Soldier on the Gamecube, this is the caravan modes, also got ported to PS2 and a later PSP release had extra content.

Finally while we are all staying at home due to COVID19, I'll be streaming daily on the weekdays at 9:30pm will be playing Kingsley's Adventure tonight. Had a request to do this one.

• Upvote 1

Hello, I did a video with a few bits and bobs from my Pokemon collection. There's some stuff from back in the late 90's which might bring a wee bit of nostalgia. Enjoy!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Pikachu N64 for life!

Even if I'm about to give away you flipped that image.

2020-03-28_12_08_09.jpg

Figured most people would realise anyway! :lol:

It's one of my favourite console variants, there was also the Stadium one for N64 which I'm trying to find for a decent price at the moment. It doesn't look as good as the Pikachu one though!

• Upvote 1