IGNORED

Your retro youtube videos

Swainy

Went with another Halloween themed video at the start of the week, this was something I quickly, put together over the weekend. took a bit longer to export than I expect so didn't release until the 1st of November, but it's an all boss run of both the Arcade and SEGA Saturn versions of The House of the Dead! At the end of the video we also have a split screen comparison between the two. Which shows how rush it was, things like the moon texture being the wrong way around and lots of missing elements, that should have been in the SEGA Saturn version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So another retro gaming week and this week I tried my skill at Soul Calibur on the Nintendo Gamecube as Link. This was recorded using 480p thanks to SWISS as by default the PAL version didn't support 480p. Link is now the sole character not to be included in the HD re-release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for obvious reasons.

Finally in 90s retro arcade news Clockwork Aquario the last and unreleased arcade game from Westone has finally been release on modern console. I've posted a in depth post in discussion on how it plays here: https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/324762-clockwork-aquario-unreleased-90s-arcade-game-from-westone-sega/#comment-13396909

But if you just want to see it in action here is some gameplay I did and yes welcome back to the 90s:

The sfx were so bad on the lead Yesterzine game this month I used 3 seconds of it and just Chris Huelsbecked the rest.

EDIT : Yeah you're crushed by those SFX way too much, if I turn it down so they're not painful you're barely on the video. :)

There is nothing on which Rise of the Robots is good.

The 16-bit console version are plain dull, the game gear was asking too much, the 32-bit console versions are insulting.  The Amiga version got 5% in Amiga Power.

There's worse.

• 2 weeks later...

What actually counts as "Running on a C64?" or a Spectrum, or an N64, or anything?

Is Sonic a Commodore 64 game? Is Majora's Mask an N64 game? Is Starfox a SNES game? Is Super Mario Brothers a Game Gear game? What the bloody HELL is a "PC Game"?

What constitutes a "Game for 'x'"? And is it as simple a question as it seems?

22 hours ago, Dudley said:

What actually counts as "Running on a C64?" or a Spectrum, or an N64, or anything?

Is Sonic a Commodore 64 game? Is Majora's Mask an N64 game? Is Starfox a SNES game? Is Super Mario Brothers a Game Gear game? What the bloody HELL is a "PC Game"?

What constitutes a "Game for 'x'"? And is it as simple a question as it seems?

Hope this doesn't start a trend of your channel becoming full of angry click bait like '50 reasons the C64 was shit' etc. I enjoy your usual videos - very laid back*

*Like your mum. 

Nah, there's only one reason the C64 was shit ;)

No you'll find the actual Yesterzine next week is back to laid back, it's got golf in it for fuck sake.

GOLF!

Although I can see why people who chase numbers are that sort of channel...

image.png.57b6c1a9874dec945ffeede03b5f7bf7.png

• 2 weeks later...

New year, and i’m Gonna try and focus on racing games even more!

And the first thing is this awesome rom hack of Mario kart featuring all new tracks, and a bunch of the world warriors.

Hope everyone, had a great Christmas break and New Year, just finished my holiday myself. Gonna be covering a lot of SEGA Saturn content this year! Starting with a gameplay sample from rather interesting title Crimewave which was a Saturn exclusive.

Also did a playthrough on Dreamcast Street Fighter III 3rd Strike a little while ago and released it in December. Need some practice on the game, but a solid enough run for now.