Your retro youtube videos

Swainy

• 3 weeks later...

So another retro gaming week and this week I tried my skill at Soul Calibur on the Nintendo Gamecube as Link. This was recorded using 480p thanks to SWISS as by default the PAL version didn't support 480p. Link is now the sole character not to be included in the HD re-release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for obvious reasons.

Finally in 90s retro arcade news Clockwork Aquario the last and unreleased arcade game from Westone has finally been release on modern console. I've posted a in depth post in discussion on how it plays here: https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/324762-clockwork-aquario-unreleased-90s-arcade-game-from-westone-sega/#comment-13396909

But if you just want to see it in action here is some gameplay I did and yes welcome back to the 90s:

The sfx were so bad on the lead Yesterzine game this month I used 3 seconds of it and just Chris Huelsbecked the rest.

EDIT : Yeah you're crushed by those SFX way too much, if I turn it down so they're not painful you're barely on the video. :)

There is nothing on which Rise of the Robots is good.

The 16-bit console version are plain dull, the game gear was asking too much, the 32-bit console versions are insulting.  The Amiga version got 5% in Amiga Power.

There's worse.

• 2 weeks later...

What actually counts as "Running on a C64?" or a Spectrum, or an N64, or anything?

Is Sonic a Commodore 64 game? Is Majora's Mask an N64 game? Is Starfox a SNES game? Is Super Mario Brothers a Game Gear game? What the bloody HELL is a "PC Game"?

What constitutes a "Game for 'x'"? And is it as simple a question as it seems?

22 hours ago, Dudley said:

What actually counts as "Running on a C64?" or a Spectrum, or an N64, or anything?

Is Sonic a Commodore 64 game? Is Majora's Mask an N64 game? Is Starfox a SNES game? Is Super Mario Brothers a Game Gear game? What the bloody HELL is a "PC Game"?

What constitutes a "Game for 'x'"? And is it as simple a question as it seems?

Hope this doesn't start a trend of your channel becoming full of angry click bait like '50 reasons the C64 was shit' etc. I enjoy your usual videos - very laid back*

*Like your mum. 

Nah, there's only one reason the C64 was shit ;)

No you'll find the actual Yesterzine next week is back to laid back, it's got golf in it for fuck sake.

GOLF!

Although I can see why people who chase numbers are that sort of channel...

image.png.57b6c1a9874dec945ffeede03b5f7bf7.png

• 2 weeks later...

New year, and i’m Gonna try and focus on racing games even more!

And the first thing is this awesome rom hack of Mario kart featuring all new tracks, and a bunch of the world warriors.

Hope everyone, had a great Christmas break and New Year, just finished my holiday myself. Gonna be covering a lot of SEGA Saturn content this year! Starting with a gameplay sample from rather interesting title Crimewave which was a Saturn exclusive.

Also did a playthrough on Dreamcast Street Fighter III 3rd Strike a little while ago and released it in December. Need some practice on the game, but a solid enough run for now.

Took a look at the SEGA Saturn version of Mighty Hits over the weekend, also had a soft spot for this light gun title, that used the Point Blank mini-game format. Just as a head up there is flashing in this video. If you are a fan of the genre then worth tracking down the Saturn or PS1 version, needs the light guns to get the most out of it, but Saturn version does support the Mouse.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some Saturn and GameBoy Advance love on the channel last week, with a few video.

First off a gameplay look at two matches from the Power Pros Baseball Series by Konami. Don't think any titles in the series got a European release, but it is a rather enjoy baseball game and we had a lot of fun in the two player mode the other day. Not expensive to buy either, but you do need to navigate a few menus, gameplay is actually two CPU vs CPU matches as it does have a watch mode.

Secondary we have a playthrough of the first cup in F-Zero Climax on Game Boy Advance via the GameCube Game Boy Player. The last major F-Zero game to date and also didn't get a western release. No Virtual Console release over here either. 😧

Finally we have a Ultimate Spider-Man video going live later on the channel today, but over the weekend, I dug up the SEGA Saturn port of Primal Rage, which features the most animation frames of all the home ports. While the arcade still isn't properly emulated this is by far the best version to play, even if the game wasn't that great in the first place, still the stop motion animation holds up well.

After playing that Mario kart hack a while ago, I decided to look into how you do this kind of thing. Turns out there’s a few tools around that make it.... well, not exactly easy, but not impossible for an idiot like me.

So I had a go, and it’s here.

I tried to make the top gear test track and the stig!

Getting in some Gamecube love in this week, Ultimate Spiderman is a game I think forgotten by many these days, but it was one of the better titles featuring a certain web slinging hero. Here's the first hour roughly and certainly worth checking out, if you're a Marvel fan.

I streamed this last year, but wanted to capture some footage for another video, so I though why not play a couple of matches to show it off. The Wii sequel is better, but the original is still a great game.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve changed a few textures in PSP games before and it’s really easy, so I thought I’d have a go at doing it on the ps1 too. It’s not quite as simple, and I believe the only emulator that supports it is beetle, which doesn’t work too well on my old laptop.

The obvious choice for me was Ridge Racer, it’s a bit hard to make out most of the alterations, but it was interesting to give it a try.

More Gamecube stuff this week as all this footage is going to end up in a larger video very soon.

First off the excellent Sonic Advance released on Game Boy Advance, the Advance series are some of the best Sonic games outside the original Mega Drive ones.

Also here's one from the gaming vault Eggo Mania! Don't hear many people mention it these days, but it was a great take on Tetris and it was done by a UK studios. Also released on PS2, Xbox and GBA, but sadly unlikely to see a re-release. A new online version would be awesome with say 50 players.

How to play Kaboom!  (Ghetto recording here off my old CRT so excuse the quality). This is the NTSC version at proper speed. Just a demo of how to use the 1000pt barrier to keep the game as easy as possible. I play to 10,000pts.

Finally - me seeing if I can capture play off my beloved Asteroids Dx cabinet. Not bad just plonking the phone on the plexiglass! You don't get to enjoy the pin sharp vector display though - I need to see if I can focus the camera better.

Really busy of late due to other project, but finally did a playthrough on the arcade version of Marvel Super Heroes, huge fan of this game. Haven't done X-Men COTA yet, but the A.I. on that was tough and I am long out of practice.

Juggernaut was the character with the most missing animation in the home ports, so hence why I picked him.

Also want to show off one of the best boxing games on GBA from Treasure no less, lot of the magazines in the early 00s raved about it and I can see why, may be a licensed title, but it is great stuff, sadly Japan only.