The Expanse - 1 Season remaining

4 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I like how this is possibly the most realistic sci-fi ever,

unless I’m missing something (which is eminently possible), there were a couple of physics faux pas in episode 3...

Spoiler

When drummer gets out of her bunk, she walks about barefoot, with no evidence of zero G.

Later in the episode she has a bottle of booze, the contents of which seems to be affected by gravity.

Neither spoiled the episode or anything, but I did notice both when they took place.

1 minute ago, FishyFish said:

unless I’m missing something (which is eminently possible), there were a couple of physics faux pas in episode 3...

Hide contents

When drummer gets out of her bunk, she walks about barefoot, with no evidence of zero G.

Later in the episode she has a bottle of booze, the contents of which seems to be affected by gravity.

Neither spoiled the episode or anything, but I did notice both when they took place.

I just assumed they were under 1g of acceleration. 

4 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

I just assumed they were under 1g of acceleration. 

Yep. Similar situation in episode 1 when she and her crew are having dinner. They're initially weightless and then 1G of acceleration kicks in.

15 hours ago, Spacehost said:

Okay, there was a beat this week I was not expecting. I don’t know what they’re up to right now. Fucking great adaptation work.

Book spoilers, bobbleheads!

Spoiler

Yeah I think the stories are diverging here. Those asteroid strikes don't look big enough to have killed 15 billion people and probably won't destroy the world's ecosystem. Fred has died early, and Marco has explicitly mentioned the protomolecule theft rather than just providing the chaos for Duarte to nab it on the sly.

I've been waiting for that episode for years, and while I'm a bit miffed we're not getting a literal adaptation of The Fucking Apocalypse, I'm really excited to see what new direction they take things now!

12 minutes ago, PK said:

Book spoilers, bobbleheads!

Hide contents

Yeah I think the stories are diverging here. Those asteroid strikes don't look big enough to have killed 15 billion people and probably won't destroy the world's ecosystem. Fred has died early, and Marco has explicitly mentioned the protomolecule theft rather than just providing the chaos for Duarte to nab it on the sly.

I've been waiting for that episode for years, and while I'm a bit miffed we're not getting a literal adaptation of The Fucking Apocalypse, I'm really excited to see what new direction they take things now!

I'm so hyped! Aaaaaahhhhh

On 22/12/2020 at 15:34, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Eyeliner baddie and his shit son can fuck right off

right off!

I like how this is possibly the most realistic sci-fi ever, not because of any of the focus on thrust and gravity and whatnot but because the characters' reactions to pretty much everything they see is 

1*wUQ9VFveHGISOMgiwihtkQ.jpeg

This is also book readers trying to process this episode. :lol: 

• JohnC changed the title to The Expanse - 1 Season of Amos remaining
  • JohnC changed the title to The Expanse - 1 Season remaining