The Expanse - 1 Season remaining

JohnC

I watched the first season on the high seas when it first came out but wasn’t available anywhere in the UK. Might have watched the tail end on Netflix, I don’t remember. Anyway, I loved it, but never continued for some reason. Well, last few days I’ve rewatched season 1 (superb) and I’m now on s2. Initial thoughts are that the woman playing Draper is a godawful actress and I don’t want to see more of her but know that I will, so hope she gets better. 

7 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

the woman playing Draper is a godawful actress and I don’t want to see more of her but know that I will, so hope she gets better. 

She learns a lot on the job on this show, her precious big break was Shortland Street. By Season 5 she's absolutely killing it.

18 hours ago, PK said:

Episode 5

Hide contents

a007949dc5b2b0fdf175d8e277e8717d.gif

:D

Spoiler

Tell you what, fair play to big Brock Lesnar for how well he sees that though. I know the little man (Kurt Angle is it?) is meant to be doing all the lifting, but for a man of Lesnar’s size to get himself up and flipped like that is incredible.

Oh and that episode was fucking aces. Feel like all the things I have been waiting for have been absolutely perfect so far and everything with Konechek was no different. So good!!

40 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I get the impression they're setting up Bull to replace Cas Anvar next season since he got fired for being a sex pest.

That would actually be excellent as Bull is such a great character. 

Slight book reference...

Spoiler

I was initially disappointed when Bull's character was merged with Drummer for Season 3 but it ended up working perfectly. Its paying off even more now with the same Bull we loved from the books seemingly being set-up to have a bigger role, even if it doesn't result in the replacement of Anvar.

6 hours ago, Harsin said:

I get the impression they're setting up Bull to replace Cas Anvar next season since he got fired for being a sex pest.

Filming finished before the allegations hit the press. Although they could have done a lot in the edit.

They are nailing this season. Loving it.

Book spoiler...

Spoiler

Is that Drummer on course to take on Michio Pa’s Pirate Queen role from the books?

9 hours ago, Nick said:

They are nailing this season. Loving it.

Book spoiler...

Hide contents

Is that Drummer on course to take on Michio Pa’s Pirate Queen role from the books?

Spoiler

She was already laying the foundation for that with hers and Ashford’s actions toward the end of Season 4. But yes, that is her pretty much Michio Pa now and it’s actually an improvement because Cara Gee as Drummer filling the Pa role in what is to come is a master stroke.

How many episodes are left to air for SE5? I've not looked at it at all yet. I've read all the books and I think I found SE4 rather meh. I'd just rather binge season 5 rather than waiting for episodes to be released. 

Hell, I might even watch season 4 again just to remind me. The problem with reading the books and other space operas is that shit starts to merge together.... :mellow: Amos is a cylon right?

27 minutes ago, idiwa said:

How many episodes are left to air for SE5? I've not looked at it at all yet. I've read all the books and I think I found SE4 rather meh. I'd just rather binge season 5 rather than waiting for episodes to be released. 

Hell, I might even watch season 4 again just to remind me. The problem with reading the books and other space operas is that shit starts to merge together.... :mellow: Amos is a cylon right?

Five episodes left.