IGNORED

The Expanse - 1 Season remaining

JohnC

I've started rewatching from series 1 in preparation for the final series,  really has been one of the most consistently decent series I can remember. Dear  jebus I hope they stick the landing.

• 2 weeks later...

Still on my first watch through, just finished season 3. 

My god. The sudden gear change and pace for the second half of the season was immense. So good, can't wait for season 4!

Now to get out of this thread again before I read anything I shouldn't. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have they talked much about why they're ending it here? Seems like there's no shortage of further source material. Was the rescue by Amazon always a limited one? I have no idea how popular the show is really but I presume not incredibly mass market.

I do prefer a show being able to end properly, knowing in advance what they have to work with, but equally it does still seem premature in this case.

4 hours ago, TehStu said:

As best I can tell on Twitter, the authors seem ok with it so there must be something planned. Although I haven't got this far in the books yet to get a sense of it.

I'd be careful following them on Twitter, Ty is quite free and easy with the spoilers.

I've just started season 5 on my rewatch and I'm picking up so much more detail. I think it's inevitable in a show like this that that will happen, there's just so much stuff going on and so many players, particularly at the beginning when you're going in blind. 

Basically, I recommend a rewatch.