IGNORED

The Expanse

JohnC

On 26/12/2021 at 16:38, Girth Certificate said:

By shorts I was meaning the pre-credits side story. I can’t get the deleted scenes on my tv app either.

Spoiler

that stuff on Laconia is the biggest hint that there’s a film coming, as otherwise they wouldn’t have bothered making it as it has jack shit to do with this series. 

In the x-rays 

Spoiler

Bobby vs Amos was amazing  

I was half-expecting 

Spoiler

mom and dad to get on comms asking who'd been fucking around with the airlock. :D

Also, re the, uh, stuff yet to come::

Spoiler

is it too early to start discussing who we'd cast in an expanse film if they don't just age-up the existing actors?

Honestly replacing the current cast feels like it'd be doing them dirty, but it's interesting to muse on.

Had no idea what all this X-Ray bonus content talk was about, but just watched the three available “One Ship” shorts, and they’re bloody fantastic. The Amos/Bobby one was comfortably the best 5 minutes of the season to date. Absurd that they’re so hidden away.

I mean given that they've only got 3 episodes left, you know ever, they haven't touched on the protomolecule stuff yet which is where I assumed this season was headed. It's the same rock-throwing terrorist stuff we've had for ages now.

Basically there had better be something else in the pipeline.

1 hour ago, Vemsie said:

I going through thier podcast where they talk about each episode from the beginning- I only watched a bit of this one but the guy who plays Marco comes across as such a clichéd pretentious actor - I mean is great that he thinks about the character and where he came from etc, but he never really brings that to the screen.

6 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I mean given that they've only got 3 episodes left, you know ever, they haven't touched on the protomolecule stuff yet which is where I assumed this season was headed. It's the same rock-throwing terrorist stuff we've had for ages now.

Basically there had better be something else in the pipeline.

If there isn’t a movie trilogy on the way, it’ll be the most elaborate advert for a book trilogy in history. 

So I'm caught up to latest episode after wat hing all of S5 while sick and alone over  christmas. S5 was way better than 4 which got a little tedious for me. As for S6

Spoiler

Will the weird healer dog-creature save the wee girls brother?

Also as an aside, Avasaralas (sp?) Outfits are always amazing. Don't think they are repeated very often even.

9 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

The costume dept must have great fun with avasaralas wardrobe.

It's so well coordinated, colours, patterns and shapes of jewellery. Add in her toughness and swearing it's such a great character/performance. The woman who plays her was in Homeland iirc?

1 hour ago, Hamus said:

I've tried to watch the first two episodes of this and it seems dull.

Is it a slow burner/does it get more interesting/am I going to care about these people.

Who or what specifically don't you care about? always interesting to hear about this as this show is quite famous for it, though I didn't really have that problem myself. The first 3 series form a nice whole. 4 is a slightly meh side story and 5 is fine, I'm waiting for 6 to finish before speedrunning it.

14 hours ago, Hamus said:

I've tried to watch the first two episodes of this and it seems dull.

Is it a slow burner/does it get more interesting/am I going to care about these people.

I don't think I've ever watched a TV show where the pilot episode is so different to what the show is meant to be.

I gave up after that first episode, but resumed a few months later when I had a gap in tv show watching schedule.

This thread alone, like your comment has proved I'm not alone, and may represent a sizeable proportion. In hindsight I wonder if it would have been better to try to fit that first episode's content as flashbacks over the first few episodes, and start like Lost with the destruction of the ship.

1 hour ago, Alask said:

How can there only be 2 more episodes when there’s a ton of story there. I want more dammit!

Hide contents

The arm though, fookin ell.

Spoiler

That wee lassie with the knife was nails. I was properly squirming when she started sawing away.

This next one is kind of a book spoiler. 

Spoiler

That guy really works as Duarte. 

On 27/12/2021 at 15:23, Don Wiskerando said:

I've just this morning finished a full rewatch of the first 5 series and, having loved it the first time, I think this time has been even better.  I've really picked up more of the little details and recognised ship names that I'd missed before.

It's really up there as maybe the best show ever.

I've just done the same , and second this sentiment. 

I have memories from the first time around like not enjoying the first couple of episodes as much, or finding series 4 less interesting.  But binging the whole lot again all in one go has been bloody amazing and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Im just really sad it's almost over!