The old Rllmuk Photography Thread

Sng

I worked 10 hours on a festival on Saturday, was strange shooting music shots in daylight. Allowed me to use decent apertures and high shutter speeds which was a nice change, trouble was that it was hard to get anything interesting lighting wise. Stage was set up a bit high and the pit was massive so to get a decent sort of angle I had to move back and actually used the 70-200 f4L for 90% of the shots.

The lighting can still be tricky though. The one I was at the other week had the sun appearing and disappearing behind the clouds every ten seconds!

Loving the first one Jumble Jumble. Proper nice. :-)

Was the sun well planned or by chance? Looks well planned.

Here's one I took on a bad photo trip the other day. It was the best of a bad bunch.

2669457766_5b589c19bc.jpg

After a long period of resistance I finally treated myself to a 450d over the weekend. I'm a sucker for low-tech photography - my work so far has been mainly b&w 35mm with an old praktica slr - so the immediacy of digital is still quite strange as I'm used to spending entire days working on a single print in the darkroom. Nevertheless, here is the first image out of the 450d that I've spent any amount of time on, trying to work out the process of raw conversion. I'm not really sure I like it and it's not the picture I originally envisioned but still... got to start somewhere.

3mKDcLe0J47sCNBM3603ks3CwibY0103kskXLdnwLEJmg.jpg

Loving the first one Jumble Jumble. Proper nice. :-)

Was the sun well planned or by chance? Looks well planned.

I was on that beach from about 8pm until 3am, so I had the chance to take loads of pics at different times. I was manic during the half hour before the sun went down though, obviously. And I was balancing photography with building a campfire. So, kind of semi-planned.

The second shot was taken not too much later, facing out to sea.

Some pics I've been meaning to scan for ages, I took them as part of a project in college in around 2000. I developed and printed them myself (wish I could still do that!). Taken on a Pentax MX with a 50mm.

2678769461_8738d6b026.jpg

2676786843_4bd776719a.jpg

2677583300_2f49a79704.jpg

More in my Flickr.

It's true!! Oh man, she was so hot. Probably ice skating since she was four...touring europe...performing hour after hour every day. The peak of physical perfection. :);):P

*ahem*

Wish I had more of a chance to take some better shots. Was 'working' for the local rag for experience, and was on a tight schedule.

I dunno, I tried it, but cutting the bottom off makes me wanna cut the top off, and then i'm not left with much. I could get away with it if I had a massive zoom lens like my colleague, but those pics are cropped loads as it is. Besides, I kinda think the bottom of the stage serves as a nice border... just my opinion though.

I really needed to boost my shutter speed, as a lot of my pics came out blurred - they move like tigers on vaseline. Sadly by the time I realised, it was all over (n00b!). Like I say, we didn't have much time. I'd love to have such an opportunity again...and also not have the BBC telling us to keep out the way. ;)

Ok, I snipped off the bottom now. I agree it looks a lot better. I was just afraid to crop it so much because it's literally 1/4th of the whole photo now, and I was expecting a blurry mess. I guess 10mps gives you a lot to play with though.

Have some more! :wub:

skating07.jpg

HUP-LAH! (yeah, there was a guy skating too...;))

skating08.jpg

My, what a strong arm.

skating09.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWW :(