The old Rllmuk Photography Thread

Sng

3000475838_a8e178b03a.jpg

How do you take photos like this rundll?

I'm guessing a relatively long exposure, a tripod and a fill flash? Correct me if I'm entirely wrong but I your nightime work is amazing and would love to be able to do something similar myself.

I just get my assistants to do it. Like all the real proz. :(

lol! :D

That one was a 0.6s exposure, with a flash behind the closest seat leg, pointing upwards at full power, and one camera left on 1/2 power I think! The exposure was short because to get enough flash on the scene the aperture has to be fairly low, f/6.3 in this case! Flashes fired using the cheapo ebay triggers.

3004491437_1a9ba89116.jpg

Would you like some texture with your photo, Sir?

it is pretty weird, as my colour profile within photoshop wasn't making the crazy halo effect that visable, but looking back at it in firefox, it's pretty apparent. I need to check my profiles or something, but it's not right.

Are you on a Mac? Colour profiles on macs are odd, I have to upload everything through a converter when I use iPhoto. Usually it just results in colours being subdued if I don't though. Anyhoo, always export to web using sRGB, always.

Are you on a Mac? Colour profiles on macs are odd, I have to upload everything through a converter when I use iPhoto. Usually it just results in colours being subdued if I don't though. Anyhoo, always export to web using sRGB, always.

Is this why the colours in my photos look completely different on my Mac compared to my PC? Or is that just the monitor?

Probably. OS X has a colour management system, Adobe RGB, sRGB and Apples own (entirely pointless) colour space will all look fine. On Windows anything except sRGB might look funny (usually dark and/or desaturated). I use a thingy called picturesync when uploading to the web to avoid this.

Really? I think it's rather unfortunate that an out of focus pigeon takes up half the photo, but that's just my opinion. As for your shot, I dunno if I would've gone for a ridiculously high aperture just to keep everything in focus or not. I can't make up my mind in my head which would've looked better.

3035635321_eb3676649a_b.jpg

Shooting with the sun behind the fountain, wouldn't have thought of that. Looks good.