IGNORED

The old Rllmuk Photography Thread

Sng

Focus was done manually, and with great difficulty! Playdoh shone the torch on the tree, and I attempted to focus on it. It took a few attempts though. Metering is something I never change, I usually just go by looking at the result on screen, and adjust shutter speed accordingly. I used it on bulb and the exposure was 102 seconds, Its annoying though, as when you view the image larger you can see the movement in the stars, but any shorter shutter speeds didnt show through enough for my liking.

Im pleased with the result, but have to give props to playdoh for the initial idea, I just set the framing and shutter speed to get the shot I visualised.

I got a 6x4 print of it made in tesco, but the stars just look like noise! Might give a large print a try though! Its 12mp so I should be able to go pretty big!

Cheers! :(

How are you liking the D300 so far Iwan? I'm getting pretty sick of the noise that my D80 produces in even the slightest hints of low light. I image the D300 deals with that kinda stuff much better?

Its really, really good! Its been a joy to use so far, noise performance is a lot better than the D80, up to ISO800 is useable with very little noise present! You still need to get the exposure pretty spot on, as trying to rescue dark areas with higher iso always makes the noise more noticeable, but overall its a lot better. I'd post some examples but im at my gf's!

One thing that has surprised me is the range that it captures at lower ISO's. There were a few shots in direct sunlight, with the sky exposed correctly, but the foreground was really dark. I was able to bring out full detail in the shadows with hardly any noise, which was really impressive! The screen is also great, makes assessing shots whilst out a lot easier.

You thinking of changing?

Its really, really good! Its been a joy to use so far, noise performance is a lot better than the D80, up to ISO800 is useable with very little noise present! You still need to get the exposure pretty spot on, as trying to rescue dark areas with higher iso always makes the noise more noticeable, but overall its a lot better. I'd post some examples but im at my gf's!

One thing that has surprised me is the range that it captures at lower ISO's. There were a few shots in direct sunlight, with the sky exposed correctly, but the foreground was really dark. I was able to bring out full detail in the shadows with hardly any noise, which was really impressive! The screen is also great, makes assessing shots whilst out a lot easier.

You thinking of changing?

I really want to. I'm having such an epic mental battle at the moment, either save another £500 this month toward my traveling or fuck it and use that money to contribute towards a D300. I don't suppose we're expecting a price drop anytime soon? :unsure:

I like it. The shingle at the bottom draws your eye far too much, i'd pop a masked transparency into another layer with slightly tamer curve on the bottom 1/6th of the image so it calms the bottom down a bit more and ballances the image out.

I know I darkened it slightly but they are black shells, I'll take a look at how it works to see if it helps.

Cheers.

A few photos I took in Sa Pa, Vietnam over Christmas.

3157328112_af71ea2a97.jpg

This place looks amazing, I've always wanted to go to Vietnam, looks like an amazing country to see!

Also, I meant to say DK, those last couple of shots are really nice, really epic sky on them! I was hoping for a similar sunset when we were in Rothesay, but It kinda peaked early then got caught behind a band of cloud, which was annoying!

I actually use a spirit level (when I remember it), I didn't really notice the one you pointed out but they do feel as if they are leaning to the left - However, if you pull down the ruler (if you have one in your app) they are pretty much level.

I think the one I corrected was 0.5 degrees, good eye there :P

Not too happy at the moment, going to contact Canon RCC tomorrow to send in my 50D ~ The sensor is in a really bad state, whatever it is, it's not dust.

I was enraged yesterday, so the less I talk about this the better as it will only start me off again.

I really want to. I'm having such an epic mental battle at the moment, either save another £500 this month toward my traveling or fuck it and use that money to contribute towards a D300. I don't suppose we're expecting a price drop anytime soon? :lol:

On the contrary, I've heard the prices of just about everything Nikon, Canon and Pentax is due to go up as of next week due to exchange rate fluctuations. I think I may spend the next year being happy with what I've got (but still coveting a Sigma 10-20mm and a D300).

On the contrary, I've heard the prices of just about everything Nikon, Canon and Pentax is due to go up as of next week due to exchange rate fluctuations. I think I may spend the next year being happy with what I've got (but still coveting a Sigma 10-20mm and a D300).

Yeah, it is. I think the price of a 450D went up by £20 last Friday at Jessops.

Went for a walk today.

and a scary tunnel...

You should have knocked and popped in for a cup of tea :lol:

The one I've not properly investigated, is old railway lines, tunnels and military stuff in this area ~ At a glance it seems to be a no go due to stuff being sealed off, demolished and whatever else.

Anyone done a photostory on similar?