The old Rllmuk Photography Thread

Sng

Pictures thick and fast - it's a time consuming process quoting the ones I like. The reply took me 15 minutes :( . A few of my favs from the most recent updates.

You get a sense of the size of the viaduct, as it stretches from corner to corner.

Milau1.jpg

The Milau Viaduct

As a newb, no idea what you've done here - it looks like a pastel/oil painting or something.

3800736211_6b0010a9b7_o.jpg

I love nature/animal photography. Aside from the colours with the Frog this one does it for me, investigating the disturbance. Yes you!

A few animal shots from the weekend:

3809386610_9a90d325d2.jpg

Not tried to take any shots indoors yet, especially gigs with the mental lighting setups. My fav out the three, I can feel the music through this pic.

A couple from Secret Garden Party 2009:

Jarvis

3788147950_8b2c0cb6dc.jpg

Architecture photography, I've yet to take one that doesn't just look like a building. Nice use of the straight lines I think.

3807270440_de8233f03c_b.jpg

I like this one simply because it shows creativity and imagination that I have yet to possess.

3827477161_16161d9ec3.jpg

I need to get to grips with post processing, a new angle on just another millenium dome snap. :(

3827699699_04a8eee1a9.jpg

Do I even remotely sound like I know what I'm on about? :blink:

I love nature/animal photography. Aside from the colours with the Frog this one does it for me, investigating the disturbance. Yes you!

Lol! Exactly what I thought when it looked up!

Heres one of Wembley Stadium:

3826801195_235ce05d67.jpg

And a padlock:

3831078450_e43988f311.jpg

I like this one simply because it shows creativity and imagination that I have yet to possess.

I need to get to grips with post processing, a new angle on just another millenium dome snap. :P

Thanks for the compliments McMond, the only post processing I did on the millenium dome was to reduce a bit of brightness and increase the contrast. The rest was done in the camera with the colour accent feature so I can't take the credit for that one. Pretty niffty and fun to play around with though :D

Yup twas amazing (pear and blueberry cider. Who'd've thought...) and very photogenic :angry:

Ironically it was shot in the Lazy Lizard in Weymouth which is a very light and airy pub/cafe/thing. The pic makes it look quite dark and sombre which is the complete opposite.

And nope, no flash nor post on the sunflower bar pressing auto enhance in Pixelmator (which did add a smidge of contrast) and resizing. All the other pics came out a little darker than that one so must have just caught the light and reflrected it well.

A load of great images everyone, some fantastic shots with the G9.

There was a dragonfly out the garden not so long ago, unfortunately I didn't have the macro lens to hand so I only managed the following before it flew off;

Dragonfly_Back_Garden.jpg

I've also been playing about with different post techniques;

3826458787_4a542488e3_b.jpg

3826487627_14c1a42989_b.jpg

My camera's a load of shit compact thing which is starting to fall apart. It leaves a number white dots on photos (like dead pixels) always in the same place and everything comes out a bit...smudgy but I still took a few I kind of like:

3834593395_9e79ba688e_b.jpg

I became a bit obsessed with this view - I took quite a lot of photos over a period of about 6 months.

Amazing Dragonfly shot there Dork Night. Fantastic colour contrast in that. I might buy some banal things for my garden just to get the colour contrast of insects like that.

Cheers - I've now got the macro lens to hand just in case it returns.... I doubt it though.

I don't have the type of patience for that type of photography though.

My camera's a load of shit compact thing which is starting to fall apart. It leaves a number white dots on photos (like dead pixels) always in the same place and everything comes out a bit...smudgy but I still took a few I kind of like:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3432/383459...e79ba688e_b.jpg

I became a bit obsessed with this view - I took quite a lot of photos over a period of about 6 months.

As rumblecat, definitely has a good video game feeling about it - You can just imagine the light flickering if it wasn't a still.

Make sure they're set to being public, otherwise no-one will be able to see them!

They're all set to public, my account is "safe," but still doesn't work - maybe 'cos I have a free account - must be that? I've stopped adding tags as it's pointless because they don't show up in search anyway.

They're all set to public, my account is "safe," but still doesn't work - maybe 'cos I have a free account - must be that? I've stopped adding tags as it's pointless because they don't show up in search anyway.

I think there's an option to make them show in the search.

I also like this:

This building was awesome

3835756409_6a2e717513_b.jpg

It had a calendar from 1994 and transfers from the 1986 world cup in the windows. The floor was littered with chicken bones and rubbish. As I was taking a few photos a white van slowed down, started beeping and the guys in it shouted angrily (in Italian) at me. I swiftly did a runner.

Took a few with my new Sony A700 with 16 - 105 kit lens.

Went for a pre-dinner wander in Brocket Hall, and while quite tame, I quite like these.

I'm thinking a lot more about composition.

Comments welcome - composition especially. I learned some awful habits a year or so ago, so want to re-think my photography approach.

3844411251_5d2450ce2b_b.jpg

3844099634_f61046a0ca_b.jpg

3843669980_9844361f63_b.jpg

3842875367_870278f8aa_b.jpg

Eh.. ;) I thought they'd turn out nicer. Someone here could probably do something sweet with them.

art-tate-med-1.jpg

Went to the Tate Modern with wife and child the other day (and they successfully managed to suck all the joy out of such an outing). Anyhow they had these postcards you could fill in and this came out of it. Torn between wishing I'd taken the plastic bag of pencils away but maybe it adds something...

Also took this, which isn't the angle I wanted, nor the shot I aimed for (I wanted to get a bit more movement and have the clouds looking like they came from the horses noses more) but hey ho. Was in a foul mood and carrying half a hundredweight of books.

horses-med.jpg