The old Rllmuk Photography Thread

Sng

Took a few with my new Sony A700 with 16 - 105 kit lens.

I'm thinking a lot more about composition.

I think they're really nice. Well composed, theres good foreground interest in them all, and the bridge forms a nice lead in line, especially into the tree in the second one! The lighting looks nice aswell, perfect time of day to give warm light with lots of shadows! Nicely done in my opinion!

I really need to stop sitting on my arse and get out shooting, these pics have made me realise what im missing! ;)

Finally got out with my camera today, well, took my camera on a bit of an exploring mission in the new area! Drove to Lytham St Annes, this is the windmill thats there! Need to go back at sunset, but I need to do more exploring closer to home, theres been some amazing sunsets recently but I just dont know where to go to shoot!

3845322275_7ba50ea681.jpg

3845322293_788c80b7b0.jpg

Not the most exciting images ive ever taken, but it was good to actually use my camera again! :)

Sorry to spam you with all my photos but I need a favour.

I'm entering a little weekly competition on POTN. The theme is "ice" and i've just whipped these 4 together but can't decide which one I like the best.

Please could you help me choose one?

3849893128_8e5c7fbb92.jpg

3849092903_4e040fbf61.jpg

3849885080_4475a72efc.jpg

3849882072_880cfc2cdd.jpg

:(

Thanks guys.

I've tried lightening the shadow in the background, but I don't have photoshop so I can only lighten the whole picture which kinda ruins it, cropping didn't really work either.

EDIT: I agree actually number 2 it is!

Thanks everyone ;)

EDIT 2:

Grrr, found a shot like you were talking about Mr Carrot with no shadow. It's between these 3 now...

3850003031_76ff3a4ea9.jpg

3850000343_ebe444986f.jpg

3849092903_4e040fbf61.jpg

?

They share line-ups to keep costs down for each event as they are so close (flying time) to each other. Do it each year I think. Yours was free though :(

Yes Guy Westgate was there, mentallist that he is, pulling barrel rolls about 30feet off the deck!!