The old Rllmuk Photography Thread

Sng

I used to shoot a lot for Red Bull, and did a few of their bike comps. 2nd curtain flash is useful! What lens were you shooting with? I used to use the 70-200 and you can get some excellent close-focus shots of drifts, and really interesting mud shots (the last one you posted above could have been really interesting if you'd made the DOF even shallower, focussing on the mud instead). All really cool shots though, well done.

1 & 5 above are both with the 70-200 f4L. The others are with the Tamron 17-50f2.8.

How did you get to shoot for Red Bull?

Focussing on mud seems a little hit and miss to me. Guess I could have pre-focussed etc but I was going for a look of movement with that one. Something to think about next time.

I have lots more to look through yet.

So, I went out and took some decent pictures for a change. More, and higher res, at my Flickr.

3935252426_b27d5a6db7_b.jpg

3934463145_1fd679d723_b.jpg

I'm quite chuffed with the composition on these, didn't have to crop them at all.

Also:

3934511065_9895194e51_b.jpg

And can I just say, working with RAW files is ruddy excellent. The clouds were entirely lost in that first picture before I started tweaking exposure settings and stuff.

Anyone else get a chance to go to Open House London this weekend? Thought it was fantastic, even though we planned to see 6 places each day, we only managed about half. Bummed out that I got 10 minutes after doors closed at the Lloyds building, but theres always next year!

Here are a couple of pics, loads more to come over the week ;)

3934667631_b5ce227b25.jpg

3938429434_feba67f619.jpg

Been informed today that I've won a place (amongst a few others) to shoot for the spring/summer 2010 Plain Lazy catalogue. I'm already bricking it, never done proper styling etc and rarely shoot fashion/people shots.

Going in to their HQ on Wednesday to discuss things so we'll see what comes out of that meeting and what direction I'll take. I'm thinking documentary sports style, BMX, skate, maybe moto. Exciting.

These are the shots I entered for consideration:

2574135704_128d34ede7_m.jpg

2329287284_71ef09377a_m.jpg

767406738_8c9b38eda9_m.jpg

2558819787_c4f2bc4378_m.jpg

1491235980_e9fffb9270_m.jpg

I love flickr sometimes, this all came about due to it :)

I took my camera to its first ever gig, forgot to charge the batteries. Only got five shots off, of which this is one (was some terrible support band);

3942957226_1fe7b97b1e.jpg

Manual focus because it was so dark, and mike stand in the way just because I'm special. Oh, and iPhoto really doesn't do RAW well.

More of my dogs. I'm freaking them out a little bit, and annoying them a lot. Sorry if this is too many.

It's a few too many - not a problem at home, but the rubbish net connection at work just gives up with that many pictures in a row, meaning I can't see anything else posted later in the thread.

Quite like some of the pics though - probably best to just show 3 of the best and link to gallery on Flickr.

Another iPhone one:

3935190132_7ec262dcf8.jpg

Like this one a lot.

:facepalm:

I'm impressed with the iPhone really. It's obviously very limited, but it does have the benefit of the very nice screen which helps with composition a *lot* and the results are decent, if not of much use other than to sit on flickr.

Fair enough just a bit of fun, not doing it seriously. Flickr gets a bit staid and boring if I don't try some new things and as I've said before no-one seems to like (or is it appreciate?) motorsport work so I'm just mixing it up a bit.

Like the second B-boy shot.

Fair enough just a bit of fun, not doing it seriously. Flickr gets a bit staid and boring if I don't try some new things and as I've said before no-one seems to like (or is it appreciate?) motorsport work so I'm just mixing it up a bit.

Like the second B-boy shot.

No, for sure, it just looks a little amateurish compared to your motorsport stuff and logo which both look very professional. If its just for flickr, ignore me.

A few more from me:

3947804197_92baf2b004.jpg

Am loving your london shots, must take camera to work next time the weather forecast is good.

However - I think this might be the view from my office, where did you take it from?

EDIT - doh, your flickr says all. cheers.