The old Rllmuk Photography Thread

Sng

Rather annoyingly, Flickr is blocked here (UAE), so I'll miss a lot of the pictures posted in this thread, but going back over the last couple of pages of what I could see, this one stood out a country mile -

More of my dogs. I'm freaking them out a little bit, and annoying them a lot. Sorry if this is too many.

uy8y78_by_a_r_v.png

Wow. Just wow. Rare to capture movement in a photo quite that dramatically.

That dog shot is amazing, one of those shots that breaks all the rules but is stronger because of it.

I'd love to go shooting with you one day Agent L, you are getting very good at motorsport stuff and I think I could learn a lot. Your recent mx shots are great, especially like the shots with the full rider not making the frame. Something about that angle gives the shot more energy.

I haven't done much shooting recently but my brother and I met up last weekend for a shoot. He did much better than I did but I got some lucky shots while driving about. These were taken at about 40mph through glass.

3977539788_63b2b59a59.jpg

3977676062_97baafe524.jpg

3976780083_9203f407f0.jpg

HDR of 4 images (not taken through glass or at 40mph)

3976836321_627d2efcfe.jpg

And finally testing my iphone

3976772789_507535c0e3.jpg

I'd love to go shooting with you one day Agent L, you are getting very good at motorsport stuff and I think I could learn a lot. Your recent mx shots are great, especially like the shots with the full rider not making the frame. Something about that angle gives the shot more energy.

:P Thanks man, that sort of comment means a lot. Motorsport doesn't get much love so it's nice to see some are interested. You're welcome to come shoot with me any time by the way. I'm a bit sporadic with when I get out there and distance may cause issues though, are you still in Devon (or was it Dorset?)?

Probably my last roundie roundie meeting of the year, Britcar 500:

3977567309_afaeef0dea.jpg

3978397808_8ae303624a.jpg

3977641861_c1f131b9b9.jpg

3978436102_ac9158b310.jpg

These are pretty cool. Number 2 needs a little more room to breath I feel. If you cropped it then maybe re-crop to give it a little more space, especially at the front.

The sense of speed is really there in 3, good job.

Like the processing on both of the one's I've mentioned too, nice look. 4 I've seen before, nice shot that shows what a 24hr race must be like though. Is that a car going across the grass? Kinda spoils the lines of the other headlights. If I ever make it to a 24hr race I was thinking of trying the same sort of thing but getting a position where you can see headlights and brakes/tail lights when they start to travel away from you again. Don't know what corner that would be at Silverstone but there must be one, the complex at the end of the lap seems to spring to mind.

Lego is pretty cool too

These are pretty cool. Number 2 needs a little more room to breath I feel. If you cropped it then maybe re-crop to give it a little more space, especially at the front.

The sense of speed is really there in 3, good job.

Like the processing on both of the one's I've mentioned too, nice look. 4 I've seen before, nice shot that shows what a 24hr race must be like though. Is that a car going across the grass? Kinda spoils the lines of the other headlights. If I ever make it to a 24hr race I was thinking of trying the same sort of thing but getting a position where you can see headlights and brakes/tail lights when they start to travel away from you again. Don't know what corner that would be at Silverstone but there must be one, the complex at the end of the lap seems to spring to mind.

Lego is pretty cool too

You're very kind, thanks for the feedback.

With 2, the left hand edge is the edge of the frame, I only just caught it, so I croppped the right side slightly to even it up. I've got hundreds, I'm finally getting to grips with slow panning (60/1, 90/1).

The light trails one is Club corner, yeah a car out braked itself and went across the grass. I never got to the complex to take light trail shots (it started raining and my camera was getting pretty wet).

You're very kind, thanks for the feedback.

With 2, the left hand edge is the edge of the frame, I only just caught it, so I croppped the right side slightly to even it up. I've got hundreds, I'm finally getting to grips with slow panning (60/1, 90/1).

The light trails one is Club corner, yeah a car out braked itself and went across the grass. I never got to the complex to take light trail shots (it started raining and my camera was getting pretty wet).

Knew that'd be the case, I do that often too.

The panning's spot on, nice one.

Those dog shots are really good, they capture the moment and movement better than most shots of dogs.

Great bridge shot above, well spotted.

Great motorsport shots too, you are doing a better shot with the panning than I did at silverstone (great focus) though you also seem to suffer from cropping the front edge of the car out. I did that to more shots than I care to mention! Hard though eh? Makes me appreciate the shots I see in magazines more.

Agent L - I am indeed in Devon. Would be good to meet up for a shoot sometime in the new year. All tied up at the moment!

3984051043_b1e9f71baa.jpg

3984046807_4a726363ea.jpg

3983948541_660e66c89d.jpg

3984975488_06381238de.jpg

3983981079_87a4f4f098.jpg

This thread is very frustrating for me since I can't see any of the Flickr shots. I'd also like to contribute some of my own, but they're all a bit formulaic really.

Anyway, here's one of a building I have hundreds (literally) of shots of, but that is a little different to most of the rest...

IMG_0151.JPG

That's nice, reflection is good. I would have moved the glasses to the left of the frame and left the rest as dead space, but then I'm a bit weird and have an obsession with dead space.

How come flickr doesn't work for you? Work proxy?

3987351455_08403fe594.jpg

3987052137_f4e4e23ef6.jpg