tftytytuyuyuyu_by_a_r_v-dbof86s.png

hyyggyu_by_a_r_v-dbombu9.png

rrhggghghghghghghghgh_by_a_r_v-dbombyx.p

y88uo9090_by_a_r_v-dbofnkl.png

sefefefdgdgfgfgfgfgfgfg_by_a_r_v-dbomc5p

etertrytrytyt_by_a_r_v-dbof7d7.png

uhuihuhui_by_a_r_v-dbombo8.png

45ytutyuytuty_by_a_r_v-dbof7lp.png

etrytryutrutyutyuytuty_by_a_r_v-dbofgb2.

trututyutyutyu_by_a_r_v-dbof5oc.png

trututyutyiyuiyuiyui_by_a_r_v-dbomcgn.pn

5rytfutuytuytuty_by_a_r_v-dbomckt.png

hbgyuuggyu_by_a_r_v-dbomay4.png

899898989898_by_a_r_v-dbomcb2.png

graijnnnnn_by_a_r_v-dbomcqn.png

xcgfhfhgfhgfjghjghjg_by_a_r_v-dbomcuh.pn

I sent the photo of the car burning to my brother, he didn't know what it was. It's worrying behaviour. He asked how many photos I take a day. I said 10,000. He said just send normal shots of buildings. I said you can get them on google. I was just going to send photos of pigeons as the next step but now I'm going to have to reveal the complete depravity that is taking photos in cities where people go. 

Handful of recent shots 

The first two are actually different shots, the first has a slightly shorter exposure of around 210 seconds and the second around 220 ish... I think I prefer the first one as its more fine art'y..

Peveril Ledge Fine Art

Peveril Ledge Sunrise

Spent ages taking this in the dark wondering where the stench of rotting fish was coming from... turns out i was stood on it... bit of a route march to get to this one for sunrise... I was lying in bed doing the old "shall I get up or shall I stay in bed" routine... left it a bit late and had to run the 1.5miles to the beach at Hengistbury head in wellies... ended up with a massive fucking blister...

Hengistbury Head Sunrise

Corfe Castle... often shot but normally from right next to it.. thought I'd try something a little different... found this location in the summer and had been waiting for some autumnal mist to get it... used a telephoto lens to compress the landscape down and create the different layers.

Corfe Castle Misty View

Possibly the most photographed spot in the New Forest now.... I used to be the only person up here... now there's normally another 15 photographers... seems to have died down now the summer hols have finished...

Rockford Misty Sunrise

Skateboard comp in Poole... off to shoot another one on Sunday in Birmingham..

SCUK - Prevail Vert comp - Nick Rains

RAF Puma practising its confined landings on Salisbury Plain... was doing this for about  45 minutes..

Puma - Lindens

Two shots blended together... windmill is around a 7 minute exposure and the background 20 seconds... the sails took fucking ages to do...might just try and side light it with a torch  next time!

Wilton Windmill and the Milky Way

Off on my own to the lake district at the end of the month... keeping my fingers crossed for a nice windless few days as everytime i've been ive never been able to get a perfect reflection!

A couple Ive taken 

trying to get back into photography so bought a cheap camera last week so expect a few more 

maybe learn to post process a bit I've never bothered other than crop 

Sunset from garden

IMG_0098.JPG

Old bloke looking out to sea will most likely be Me me in a couple of years 

IMG_0096.JPG

Rainy  day rooftops taken through my window 

IMG_0125.JPG

On 08/10/2017 at 00:09, Naysonymous said:

My laptop shit the bed a month or so back so I've been kinda inactive as a result

For digital, I've pretty much stopped using my laptop. Import onto my iPhone using a SD card reader and use Snapseed to edit.

Was expecting to have to go back to the Laptop with some photos and edit with Lightroom, but haven't had to so far.

I have to drag out an ancient laptop with a CD Drive (my Macbook Air of course doesn't have one) every time I get a CD of film scans

18 hours ago, denisb said:

maybe learn to post process a bit I've never bothered other than crop

It's worth learning to do and something that's pretty much essential. Need not be difficult though, some processors are very easy to use. Snapseed (again) for instance is incredibly easy to use

Had quite a nice trip around Northern Wales last week.

5C5A4727-2-L.jpg

5C5A4781-L.jpg

5C5A4684-L.jpg

5C5A4624-L.jpg

5C5A4490-HDR-L.jpg

5C5A4506-HDR-L.jpg

Bonus shot from the weekend a few minutes from me. Sometimes sunsets are just too much, this image has not been tweaked to increase the red!

5C5A4905-L.jpg

14 hours ago, Ste_S said:

For digital, I've pretty much stopped using my laptop. Import onto my iPhone using a SD card reader and use Snapseed to edit.

Was expecting to have to go back to the Laptop with some photos and edit with Lightroom, but haven't had to so far.

I have to drag out an ancient laptop with a CD Drive (my Macbook Air of course doesn't have one) every time I get a CD of film scans

It's worth learning to do and something that's pretty much essential. Need not be difficult though, some processors are very easy to use. Snapseed (again) for instance is incredibly easy to use

I don't edit anything on a laptop, the only computer I had was a Chromebook which was less capable than my phone for editing. I did use it for linking to pictures hosted on Instagram though as I had a neat little java thing going on.  I've found Lightroom to be preferable to Snapseed on might these last few months but as I've literally just ditched iOS for Android maybe I'll check out Snapseed again. 

The pic here is a sculpture called Final Days by a guy called Kaws. It's been in Regents Park all summer, this photo was from Friday or Saturday, just before they took it away. 

LRM_EXPORT_20171005_161040.jpg

I remember someone on here about a year ago, maybe more, who had a website where you could buy prints of their photographs (which were mainly landscapes, perhaps in Ireland) and they went by the name of something brothers photography. Anyone know who I'm talking about, so I can show their website to someone?

20 hours ago, geekette said:

I remember someone on here about a year ago, maybe more, who had a website where you could buy prints of their photographs (which were mainly landscapes, perhaps in Ireland) and they went by the name of something brothers photography. Anyone know who I'm talking about, so I can show their website to someone?

It was PeteJ (see post a bit further up the page) I think. It was Johns Brothers Photography, although it now just seems to go to Pete's page.

Assuming that's what you were thinking of, of course. :)

40 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

It was PeteJ (see post a bit further up the page) I think. It was Johns Brothers Photography, although it now just seems to go to Pete's page.

Assuming that's what you were thinking of, of course. :)

Thanks. It looks like it might have been but no longer exists. Was that a site where you could just order prints of each photo with a sort of easy built in e-commerce aspect? I was just wanting a template with sales built in.

22 hours ago, geekette said:

Thanks. It looks like it might have been but no longer exists. Was that a site where you could just order prints of each photo with a sort of easy built in e-commerce aspect? I was just wanting a template with sales built in.

Hi! Yes that was my site, unfortunately my brother pulled out so I had to start again a few months the ago on my own. 

New site is http://PeteJohns.photography or http://petejohns.co.uk

The new site is based on the same template but I've not launched the shop yet. 

I use smugmug for the design and shop, it's all easy to use and free to try out. 

45 minutes ago, PeteJ said:

Hi! Yes that was my site, unfortunately my brother pulled out so I had to start again a few months the ago on my own. 

New site is http://PeteJohns.photography or http://petejohns.co.uk

The new site is based on the same template but I've not launched the shop yet. 

I use smugmug for the design and shop, it's all easy to use and free to try out. 

Even though I was only thinking of it in terms of really functional e-commerce in the template, I love your photographs, Pete. So much so that if we ever get our outbuilding converted to a holiday cottage I'll trade you a free stay for some photographs of the cottage, site and surrounding area that we can use on the website (as you don't seem to have photographed the peak district yet, which is only a couple of miles from here).

1 hour ago, geekette said:

Even though I was only thinking of it in terms of really functional e-commerce in the template, I love your photographs, Pete. So much so that if we ever get our outbuilding converted to a holiday cottage I'll trade you a free stay for some photographs of the cottage, site and surrounding area that we can use on the website (as you don't seem to have photographed the peak district yet, which is only a couple of miles from here).

Nice one, get in touch if you ever need photos in the peak District and have a place to stay! Of course I'd be interested  Thanks for the comments :)

I'd like to start selling images on my site, thinking of offering just the download of the image rather than prints. What would you say is a reasonable price?

I've currently set it at £20 for an image but not sure if that is totally unreasonable. Logic is that then people can go to anywhere they want to get the print done, either cheaply or professionally plus it's a lot simpler than offering various sizes and frames etc.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 20:06, PeteJ said:

I'd like to start selling images on my site, thinking of offering just the download of the image rather than prints. What would you say is a reasonable price?

I've currently set it at £20 for an image but not sure if that is totally unreasonable. Logic is that then people can go to anywhere they want to get the print done, either cheaply or professionally plus it's a lot simpler than offering various sizes and frames etc.

I've sold a few pictures through Photos4me and get £25 commission for each shot. They do all the framing and delivery stuff.

So £20 for a hi rez digital file sounds about right to me.

I picked up an old Zeiss Mess-Ikonta 524-16 folding camera recently and shot a roll of film through it. At first I was a little disappointed as the shots at wider apertures were all a little soft, but then, when I got to the frames where the light had improved and I'd dropped down to f/11 - f/16, it really came into it's own.

37159858563_ebf6c6cd5b_z.jpg

Zeiss Mess-Ikonta 524/16 by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

37831276566_d313e6c24e_b.jpg

FILM - Paradise Square by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I don't think that's too bad for a 60+ year-old camera that I had to repair the bellows on and re-align the rangefinder. :)

7 hours ago, Ste_S said:

@Totoro Love the look of your photos, are you doing much to them in post ?

Thanks.

Fair bit I guess. Only takes moments though.

After import

Apply VSCO Ektar preset ( edited )

Adjust white balance ( on night shots add a bit of blue tint )

Adjust hilights

Adjust shadows

Transform > auto to fix and distortions

Shots with sky I use a grad with -50ish exposure

-20ish dehaze

• Xevious changed the title to The old Rllmuk Photography Thread
  • Xevious locked this topic