rllmuk
Sng

The Rllmuk Photography Thread

Florence photos and another monster score on Flickr. 

I think this one has been selected by Flickr, that's the only way to explain a 3.5k view but there's no way to tell. Some sort f flag or note would be nice ...

36418534056_4aab260159_z.jpg

Golden light beam by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

36326147331_b6e94fe10a_c.jpg

Evening skyline by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

35628298824_cb75b62bf6_c.jpg

Ponte Vecchio by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

35622581333_e861db363e_c.jpg

Edifise by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

35595294874_eb60c28f4f_c.jpg

Duomo by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

More to come :)

• Upvote 4

If it's in the Explore section you'll probably get a message saying it's been added to the In Explore group.

I've just looked at the In Explore group and it's in there. And it's also in the actual Explore section:

IMG_0173.thumb.PNG.40ed44a8d09dae3a6b9365e9368ca1db.PNG

Nice shot BTW. :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sidewaysbob said:

aaaah i got an invitation to add the picture to the "in explore" group pool. thats what it is. Cool

2 pictures in 6 month, i'm on a roll :)

I've had ten in there in the eleven years I've been on Flickr (although eight of them have been in the last 12 months, so at least Flickr thinks I'm improving!). They're rarely the photos that I personally think are my best though.

you can see all the photos you've had in Explore via this site: https://bighugelabs.com/scout.php

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ste_S said:

More Olympus Trip on Fuji Superia X-Tra 400...

Heh - the third picture has a funky effect when you scroll past it ;)

Also, a handful of more pictures from Lugano:

LR-Web-5193.jpg

A different side of Switzerland

LR-Web-5210.jpg

San Salvatore seen from the Lugano city park

LR-Web-5216.jpg

Benches all along the lakeside

LR-Web-5250.jpg

Hiking down to Bré

LR-Web-5289.jpg

A tree with a nice view!

LR-Web-5415.jpg

View from San Salvatore

LR-Web-5448.jpg

The Chiesa Santa Maria del Sasso in Morcote

• Upvote 4

a tram posing like a Pixar character say hi to bernie. hi bernie. brmmhh. he's shy.

manchester00_by_a_r_v-dbjwjc5.png

i saw a man sat by a smashed window. how often do you see a man sat by a smashed window? I used the precious few seconds where his eyes were closed to think 'oh look a man sat by a smashed window' instead of pulling out my camera like a silent assassin would pull out his pistol. proceeded to dawdle in plain sight and hovered for an angle. i'm hoping he'll still be sat there next week having not moved.

• Upvote 3

Good to see this thread is still thriving! I kind of lost interest in photography for a few years, but had a go at some stars last night with the meteor shower. Nothing amazing but I can see how people get addicted to it, pulling out the extra stars the sensor has picked up in post is amazing! I need a wider lens though, these were on my 20mm f/1.7 Panasonic.

36404027641_49b51eb925_h.jpgSandford Stars by Ewan Harwood, on Flickr

36404027631_6afb6b3c29_h.jpgSandford Stars by Ewan Harwood, on Flickr

36495249116_22f3b3489c_h.jpgSandford Stars by Ewan Harwood, on Flickr

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, iwan_canobi said:

Good to see this thread is still thriving! I kind of lost interest in photography for a few years, but had a go at some stars last night with the meteor shower. Nothing amazing but I can see how people get addicted to it, pulling out the extra stars the sensor has picked up in post is amazing! I need a wider lens though, these were on my 20mm f/1.7 Panasonic.

36404027641_49b51eb925_h.jpgSandford Stars by Ewan Harwood, on Flickr

You got the "coathanger" asterism in the top right (as well as five meteors). :)

On 11/08/2017 at 22:14, FishyFish said:

If it's in the Explore section you'll probably get a message saying it's been added to the In Explore group.

19 hours ago, FishyFish said:

Olympus OM-1, F.Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 & Rollei Superpan 200.

How are you finding the OM-1 ? Tempted to pick one up to complement my Trip

30 minutes ago, Ste_S said:

How are you finding the OM-1 ? Tempted to pick one up to complement my Trip

It's a really nice piece of kit. It's fully manual (except the built-in light meter) but is really satisfying to use. The viewfinder is brilliant - huge and bright and so easy to focus with.

Cheers. Tempted to pick up some of the other classic Olympus camers (PEN EE and F, XA, OM-1 etc)

OM-1 doesn't seem to have had the hipster tax inflation that the PEN F and XA seem to have had.

19 minutes ago, Ste_S said:

Cheers. Tempted to pick up some of the other classic Olympus camers (PEN EE and F, XA, OM-1 etc)

OM-1 doesn't seem to have had the hipster tax inflation that the PEN F and XA seem to have had.

Or the Mju II compact! :o

The older Olympus 35mm rangefinders are very nice too, the 35 RC, 35 RD & 35 SP.

Some more Olympus Trip 35 shots (on Agfa Vista Plus 200).

36164894380_9c3a631702_b.jpg

FILM - Cabinet by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

36605265575_cedd1d5996_b.jpg

FILM - Outside the Old Hall by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

36540631536_6e61ba8de1_b.jpg

FILM - Colour clash by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

36540630586_e5fc107ae3_c.jpg

FILM - Golden by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

36190243430_537fab6d2e_c.jpg

FILM - City Clipper by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

36561762735_77df69f57c_c.jpg

FILM - The yellow girl by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

36605265105_f84356f37d_c.jpg

FILM - Butcher Works by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

• Upvote 4

On 16/08/2017 at 19:33, PopeSmokesDope said:

All in all a pretty fucking awesome experience, just got the 8k photos to go through now :(

I'll go through them if you want. Edit them in my own way and pass them off as my ow....wait. Jamiroquai wearing that thing is a gift. Still sort of regret not bringing my camera to an outdoor Bjork gig, didn't know the support would look like Novak Djovokic wearing a gimp suit while screaming with epilepsy inducing visuals behind him. And an animal collective concert where the support act was like Nike mixed with Halloween. Really didn't think they'd allow any cameras for the Bjork one after the previous concert where security would portal into spaces inbetween crowds and leap at anyone merely about to lift up their camera.

Yeah it is, you can actually see it with the naked eye sometimes up here, we are in the countryside and beyond my back garden there actually isn't any major settlement to speak of until the coast of Dumfries and Galloway which is about 150 miles away! I need to try again with a wider lens and a moonless night and see what I can resolve.