Jump to content
rllmuk
Sng

The Rllmuk Photography Thread

Recommended Posts

On 08/09/2019 at 00:25, Naysonymous said:

Was faffing about at the High Vis festival in Birmingham today, it’s primarily a graffiti thing with a ton of other street/urban stuff going on too and while it was quite crowded and difficult to get many decent photos I did manage to nab this guy on the half pipe: 

 

1byb2oU.jpg 

 

NwYb6rd.jpg

 

I can’t decide which one I prefer.  

 

oh snap!

 

Some of mine came out blurry. Need more experience with spraying and praying, the netting didn’t help! :) 

 

B2298D91-ACDF-4DE4-A90E-672FC9D56278.jpeg

1827B549-7B69-4582-BBE7-50C8CA77C6A9.jpeg

DB9F42E6-B10F-4BD0-9B78-BC065F7348CE.jpeg

D572C40E-A489-4265-A7D4-9546A6BCBA61.jpeg

3056451A-D822-46C2-8082-A67CAEB4A21E.jpeg

E96B634B-D632-4454-B483-B26D304110EF.jpeg

541BFCB6-494C-4941-B2FE-61CCD621B480.jpeg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m pretty sure I would have taken more and better skateboard shots but the skaters kept screwing up or not getting any air at all! 

 

I did see this one on Instagram though and was amazed by it

 

 

07ABBF68-84C7-4C2B-B79E-DEE091723AFA.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought myself a Holga. :)

 

These are all shot on Kodak Tri-X - an expired batch that, due to a production defect, shows the backing-paper markings on some frames.

 

48727891587_ce13ed46cd_b.jpg

FILM - Public by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

 

48727385978_c8ba71ccae_b.jpg

FILM - Reflections through a plastic lens by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

 

48731435022_dcff90bc99_b.jpg

FILM - Keep out by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

 

48730923413_520fa8ec04_b.jpg

FILM - South by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

 

48737594793_9553c8646b_b.jpg

FILM - Farmed around by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

 

48738104102_dc28b3fd25_b.jpg

FILM - Places we go to by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FishyFish said:

I bought myself a Holga. :)

 

These are all shot on Kodak Tri-X - an expired batch that, due to a production defect, shows the backing-paper markings on some frames.

 

48727891587_ce13ed46cd_b.jpg

FILM - Public by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

 

48727385978_c8ba71ccae_b.jpg

FILM - Reflections through a plastic lens by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

 

48731435022_dcff90bc99_b.jpg

FILM - Keep out by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

 

48730923413_520fa8ec04_b.jpg

FILM - South by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

 

48737594793_9553c8646b_b.jpg

FILM - Farmed around by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

 

48738104102_dc28b3fd25_b.jpg

FILM - Places we go to by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Nice. What speed film did you use? 

 

Last time I tried to use a Holga I messed it all up. I had left the exposure switch on bulb without realising. I got all the rolls back and they were all a blurry burnt out mess. I also left the lens cap on for a few shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

Nice. What speed film did you use? 

 

Last time I tried to use a Holga I messed it all up. I had left the exposure switch on bulb without realising. I got all the rolls back and they were all a blurry burnt out mess. I also left the lens cap on for a few shots.

 

Tri-X is 400asa. It seems to work ok in sunshine or cloudy conditions with the Holga. Mine has a functional aperture switch so the exposure setting actually works. I think I might tape the bulb switch in place so I don’t accidentally activate it.

 

I shot another three rolls through it on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to a group studio shoot today, 30 of us and 10 models, it was a great learning environment! I’ve got so many shots!!! I realised how much I’ve got to learn but also how much work happens on the computer later with studio work!!

 

I also need a flash! What’s good for the canon system? 

 

I think these are my fav shots but I’m sure I’ll have more...

FB6283F9-5AA8-4FA8-879D-72063B9013F9.jpeg

2FCBF2DD-8E3F-4D27-A77A-61BF5BA99FCE.jpeg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d recommend buying into the Godox lighting system at this point. 

 

Start off with a TT685c flash and then either a X1R-C or the XPro-C radio trigger (I’d recommend the later) so that you can use it off camera. All the Godox stuff works together as it’s a full system and so if you get more and more into studio / strobe work nothing will be wasted. 

 

I’ve got and use 3 of the TT685 flashes and the XPro-C trigger so if you’ve got any questions give me a shout. 

 

Then you’ll just need a light stand, some kind of mount (I’d recommend a Bowen’s S Type one) and then something to diffuse the light. I’d personally go for a soft lighter or soft box over an umbrella if your budget allows. They’re a bit more expensive than an umbrella but let you control the light much better as they don’t allow the light to scatter so much. 

 

Edit - Nice shots by the way. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I’ve checked YouTube and they’ve come up, everyone had godox triggers today and I was borrowed one, £150 will get me a v860 with a trigger built in? I’ll have to add it to my list!

 

Thanks, it took me a while to get used to the studio environment and spent the first hour thinking all my shots would be shit, I’m realising the limitations of the canon m3 now with the slow unreliable autofocus! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the Godox flashes have the radio bit built in so the only trigger you need is at the camera end. 

 

I believe the v860 is effectively the same flash as the TT685 but uses a rechargeable battery pack rather than AA’s. Better recycle time too which is good. Great choice. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Monkeyspill said:

Last time I tried to use a Holga I messed it all up. I had left the exposure switch on bulb without realising. I got all the rolls back and they were all a blurry burnt out mess. I also left the lens cap on for a few shots.

 

And guess what I did with the three rolls of film I shot on Friday... :(

 

The cheapo bulb switch on the Holga must've got knocked when I put the camera in the bag or something. It's now taped in place!

I might be able to rescue a few of them (and I've not had the colour roll back yet - although I don't expect anything better), but I'm well and trully fecked off at myself for not realising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FishyFish said:

 

And guess what I did with the three rolls of film I shot on Friday... :(

 

The cheapo bulb switch on the Holga must've got knocked when I put the camera in the bag or something. It's now taped in place!

I might be able to rescue a few of them (and I've not had the colour roll back yet - although I don't expect anything better), but I'm well and trully fecked off at myself for not realising.

It’s really hit and miss with a Holga. You’re always risking whatever film you stick in it. Mine doesn’t even fit together properly so I had to tape it all up with electrical tape.

 

I think part of the enjoyment of film is the risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

It’s really hit and miss with a Holga. You’re always risking whatever film you stick in it. Mine doesn’t even fit together properly so I had to tape it all up with electrical tape.

 

I think part of the enjoyment of film is the risk.

 

I've managed to salvage quite a few of them. They're even blurrier than normal, but I think they just about still work. This one for instance, I quite like. It'd have been better had I not fecked it up, but still...

 

48743451073_aa4214a2b1_c.jpg

FILM - Looking out to sea by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

 

I've managed to salvage quite a few of them. They're even blurrier than normal, but I think they just about still work. This one for instance, I quite like. It'd have been better had I not fecked it up, but still...

 

48743451073_aa4214a2b1_c.jpg

FILM - Looking out to sea by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I really like that.

 

Did you use a tripod because it’s very clear for bulb mode? Mine came out a smeary mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monkeyspill said:

I really like that.

 

Did you use a tripod because it’s very clear for bulb mode? Mine came out a smeary mess.

 

No, it's handheld. I'm either super-fast on the shutter or have a robot-like ability to stand still. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High Life

This took a bit of editing in photoshop as the film was dented and scanned shit (Provia 100).

 

Curved Corridor

Every shot I took of this corridor fucked up. The Rolleiflex shutter gets stuck open at 1 second (or close to) exposures. I’m worried the mechanism won’t last much longer.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monkeyspill said:

The Rolleiflex shutter gets stuck open at 1 second (or close to) exposures. I’m worried the mechanism won’t last much longer.

 

Sticky shutters at longer exposures is quite a common problem on older cameras - especially if they've not been used regularly. Getting a service / CLA will likely fix the issue and allow you to use the full range of shutter speeds.

 

I've used this guy on more than one occasion: http://www.mwcamerarepairs.co.uk/

 

If you email him and explain the issue, he'll give you a quote for the work.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a cloudless sunset in Birmingham this evening and I caught the tail end of it.  I work on the railway so this is a view I see pretty much every day (usually from a few yards lower than the bridge I was standing on here) and I've still not got bored of it.  Was dicking around with a zoom lens (55-200 crop sensor) and got a few shots I liked. The two here are probably my favourites, the one where the train is heading away from the camera is a jpeg the camera spat out while the one with the train heading towards the camera is a raw file I've edited in lightroom. Can't really get the shadows as I'd like, mostly because I'm not entirely sure what I actually want to do with them. I don't shoot that much landscape but is it worth messing with the graduated filter tool? 

2019_0919_19562700.jpg

 

LRM_EXPORT_167078671782134_20190920_011705980.jpeg

 

LRM_EXPORT_168345795331458_20190920_014048108.jpeg

 

I think perhaps the tighter crop works better? 

 

Edit:

 

Using social media as validation is a dangerous game but people seem to like the crop. Made it my monthly upload to Flickr and it's been featured on the Explore page.  Thumbs up! 

Edited by Naysonymous
humblebrag. sorry. :(
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just walking back through town earlier and seeing how much I could push my little pancake lens in the dark (27mm f/2.8) and while a lot of what I got wasn’t great I did kinda like this one.  Handheld, ISO6400 on a Fujifilm X-T2. 

4C03B366-243A-4220-965E-2DC10554D680.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some blurry pictures from the Goodwood Revival. Because i haven't bored you with blurry pictures for far too long :)

 

48770194116_0ce4e1b00b_z.jpg

ready by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

 

48771177907_599ee54729_z.jpg

Italian perfection by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

 

48771178452_3671500709_z.jpg

number 28 by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

 

48769858203_a1059861c4_z.jpg

Take off by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

 

48771182407_a474ee4509_z.jpg

60s summer by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

 

 

48771184672_9dcba8accb_z.jpg

racers by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alos, never take the lens off and blow on the sensor to clear the crud you tried to remove at home in a nice controlled environment. Dusty fields in hampshire are not in anyway shape or form the place to be blowing on a sensor. You will spend the rest of the day cursing your stupidity and the next week tring to clean the bazillion dust bunnies off the pictures. :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I'm after a 70-200 F2.8 lens. I've found these 3. What are the differences, and which is best?

 

Nikon 70-200mm AF-S Nikkor F2.8G ED VR II

£950

 

Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM

£580

 

Tamron 70-200mm F2.8 SP Di

£560

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tbb said:

Hi all, I'm after a 70-200 F2.8 lens. I've found these 3. What are the differences, and which is best?

 

Nikon 70-200mm AF-S Nikkor F2.8G ED VR II

£950

 

Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM

£580

 

Tamron 70-200mm F2.8 SP Di

£560

 

https://www.dxomark.com/Lenses/Compare/Side-by-side/Nikon-AF-S-Nikkor-70-200mm-F28-G-ED-VR-II-on-Nikon-D810-versus-70-200mm-F2.8-EX-DG-OS-HSM-Nikon-on-Nikon-D800E-versus-Tamron-SP-70-200mm-F28-Di-VC-USD-Nikon-on-Nikon-D800E__406_963_320_814_1028_814

 

Change the Tested On bit to whatever body you're using.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.