IGNORED

Should I Buy a Wii U? edit - bought one

neoELITE

Miiverse is a perfect example of a gaming stream of consciousness ... Dip in and see thoughts of people as they play and progress

On the negative side that stream of consciousness tends towards a theme of "we loooove Nintendo it's so ace"

But then I am a miserable old cynic ;)

Sounds like you've totally missed Miiverse!? You're just talking about the Waru Waru Plaza and the interactions some games directly have with Miiverse.

There are dedicated communities for each title - usually full of people who are very happy to help out or talk about the game(s) in question.

Sounds like you've totally missed the bit where I said "Ingame..." ;) I can see the miiverse stuff in there if I bring it up, but I don't really see the link between what shows up in the games themselves and what's in there. And I asked a question of the community about something in, I think, Wii Party U where there's a sumo game and we just couldn't work out what to do at all. Whether it's because those boards are too granular or whatever, I never seemed to get a response. Haven't really played the game since.

It kind of does - the controls in Wii Tennis are massively upgraded to make use of Wii Motion + (which is now required for it).

I've not tried the Wii U version of the tennis yet, but the one in Fit seemed to be exactly like Wii Sports tennis to me as opposed to GST. Reminds me I've not even played the Wii U version yet despite owning it for 5 months, will try that out tonight.

Sounds like you've totally missed the bit where I said "Ingame..." ;) I can see the miiverse stuff in there if I bring it up, but I don't really see the link between what shows up in the games themselves and what's in there. And I asked a quaeion of the community about something in, I think, Wii Party U where there's a sumo game and we just couldn't work out what to do at all. Whether it's because those boards are too granular or whatever, I never seemed to get a response. Haven't really played the game since.

But you don't need to be 'ingame' - Miiverse is a totally standalone app - you're missing out on 99% of the content if you only ever access it 'ingame'.

But you don't need to be 'ingame' - Miiverse is a totally standalone app - you're missing out on 99% of the content if you only ever access it 'ingame'.

I know. I think. There's two bits here I'll try and simplify, first up I wanted to know how the messages I see ingame in stuff like Wii Sports Club Bowling (the messages you see when you get a strike) and NSMBU (the posted messages you see when you die) get there. For the Miiverse bit itself, while playing Wii Party I hit the home button and went to Miiverse, and posted a question under the specific minigame bit I was having a problem with or at least I think that's what I did it was months ago. At a guess, someone would have to be making an effort to look at that specific bit in order to attempt a reply given none came. Is there another bit of Miiverse you're on about?

This is part of the problem I have with it, I barely even know how to explain it and it's not easy for the people who love it to explain either it seems.

That's the one I bought. It's currently in Exeter, awaiting a van and a man to bring it to my door.

I've got two game which I play and that's about it, really. 3D World and 101.

When I consider the console was £120 and each game was £25, those two and the promise of Bayo 2 make it worthwhile. I'll probably get NSMB U at some point, too.

Wii U Pro (although the basic might do if you don't want to download much)

2x WMP remotes

New Super Mario Bros U

Super Mario 3D World

Rayman Legends

Wii Party U

Nintendoland

Wii Sports Club Bowling

edit: Oh yeah, Mario Kart 8 as well probably!

Is there another bit of Miiverse you're on about?

Yeah, the big bit of it :)

When you turn the console on, outside of any game actually running, from the menu along the bottom of the gamepad hit the MiiVerse button (three green peeps) - it'll bring up Miiverse with a selection of communities etc for you to browse, post in etc:

miiverse.jpg

Yeah, the big bit of it :)

When you turn the console on, outside of any game actually running, from the menu along the bottom of the gamepad hit the MiiVerse button (three green peeps) - it'll bring up Miiverse with a selection of communities etc for you to browse, post in etc:

http://www.gameranx.com/img/14-Mar/miiverse.jpg

Did I not get to that bit when I launched the Miiverse and asked a question in the Wii Party U bit then? And what about the other stuff! Or does nobody know?

2x WMP remotes

New Super Mario Bros U

Super Mario 3D World

Rayman Legends

Wii Party U

Nintendoland

Wii Sports Club Bowling

If there are only the two of them, they'll only need 1x WMP Remote - they'll have the gamepad in place of the other.

As for games, I'd personally say:

ZombiU

Super Mario 3D World

Pikmin 3

Nintendoland

Rayman Legends

Lego City Undercover

Wonderful 101

There are more, but that's a stonking list to get going with IMO!

Did I not get to that bit when I launched the Miiverse and asked a question in the Wii Party U bit then? And what about the other stuff! Or does nobody know?

If you are ingame, it'll automatically go directly to the community for that game - so you kind of did, and kind of didn't.

I don't have NSMBU or Wii Sports Bowling so can't help with those. In 3D World you get the specific option to post ingame (at the end of the level) - and that's where those messages come from for that title.

2x WMP remotes

New Super Mario Bros U

Super Mario 3D World

Rayman Legends

Wii Party U

Nintendoland

Wii Sports Club Bowling

edit: Oh yeah, Mario Kart 8 as well probably!

excellent, thanks. Will be looking mainly at the premium (pro?) also is it worth getting the the controller pro or whatever it's called?

If there are only the two of them, they'll only need 1x WMP Remote - they'll have the gamepad in place of the other.

Some of the Wii Party U games need both players using the same thing. Be handy for Wii Fit U if they got that too.

How is it that retailers can justify charging so much for Wii U games compared to 360 and PS3 games when there are comparatively so few people buying them?. I understood when Wii games kept their price because the console was so ridiculously popular, but I don't understand how it's still the case now. I'm referring largely to first party titles. Does the Nintendo branding just prevent price degradation?

Business wise if they are selling only a few then the price should be high. If they are selling a lot, there would be more of a case to drop prices.

I mean, I know it doesn't quite work like that, but people's awesome business suggestions do make me wonder.

We've played 3 player Rayman - really good fun. Dipped into Mario 3D - that's frustrating with a five year old. Plus, that five year old has already scratched the screen with a stylus.... cheers Rosie. Adam delivered right on time via DPD.

How on earth can you scratch the screen with the stylus?

You mean the wii u dagger peripheral. It's not horrendous and noticeable when it's off. That same child, aged two put ham in my DVD player and pulled off the usb panel on my first 360.

We've played 3 player Rayman - really good fun. Dipped into Mario 3D - that's frustrating with a five year old. Plus, that five year old has already scratched the screen with a stylus.... cheers Rosie. Adam delivered right on time via DPD.

This is why I have a lock on the door to our videogame / movie room in the house.

No fucker gets in there without my say-so. Wouldn't even entertain a 5 year old within 20ft of my gear!

Take my advice (for once) - Put the kids to bed, grab the missus and delight in the pleasure that is Super Mario 3D World.

I'm a miserable cunt

:)

Registering all my club points was well worth it - points not redeemable on the Wii U shop. Also, a survey fir each game?

Last time I redeemed points with club nintendo, I never got my item - I'd accumulated about 15,000 points last time. I thought I'd get something with 1,500 points at least.