IGNORED

Hellraid - Techland

Nespresso

jiWT4ZyQaEj9N.jpg
By Techland
Release Date: 2015
ABOUT (from VG247)

Hellraid developer Techland has re-announced its fantasy dungeon crawler for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, along with a new gallery of screens.

In a press release sent to VG247 today, Techland confirmed that Hellraid development has moved from Dead Island’s Chrome Engine 5, to Chrome Engine 6, which is currently powering the studio’s new zombie sandbox title Dying Light.

Although previously announced for PS3 and Xbox 360, the game is now coming to PS4 and Xbox One, with a planned Steam Early Access phase planned for PC players this Autumn.

Major changes include a completely new melee, ranged and magic combat mechanic, environmental hazards, weapon crafting system, and three new game modes. Available solo or for up to four players, Hellraid offers a story mode, an Arena horde mode, and Mission mode, which sees squads tackling story quests again, but with different objectives such as landing high combos or meeting set scores.

VG24/7 Interview - Techland’s fantasy brawler is back with a vengeance on next-gen

IMAGES

chellraid_Shield.jpg

hellraid_Portal.jpg

hellraid_Chandelier.jpg

hellraid_Swamps.jpg

VIDEOS

Game Features

Getting all sorts of Dark Messiah vibes from this. I hope talent behind Gunslinger is on this. Loved that game. :wub:

Hmm, I thought that all the strikes looked lacking in heft and it was all a bit floaty, but then I've never found first-person melee combat particularly satisfying (I should point out that I haven't played Dead Island so they may have it nailed-down). I'm still intrigued though.

Sweet :) looks like it has potential for sure! Looks like Elder Scrolls without the lame wandering round a giant map with fuck all in it.

Fingers crossed the combat delivers.

If it was Dark Messiah, they'd have to be loads of environmental interaction, right? All knocking barrels into people and suchlike.

Well, the player character *is* clearly interacting with the environment with destructive results in the third screenshot.....

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Me too. This is a shame. It sounds like it might resurface at some point though:

http://hellraid.com/blog/development-of-hellraid-official-statement

Dear Hellraid fans,

We would like to officially announce that our dark fantasy FPP game Hellraid will not be released this year as previously planned, and the development of the game has been put on hold.

In the recent months we conducted an internal analysis and came to the conclusion that Hellraid, in its current shape and form, is not meeting our own expectations for this project. Therefore, we decided the best course of action would be to send it back to the drawing board and invent our dark fantasy title anew.

In the meantime, we will consolidate our development resources and focus on further expansion of our Dying Light franchise.

We wish to thank all our fans for your support - you're the best!