IGNORED

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Harsin

It's Sledgehammer Games time for a go on the Call of Duty conveyor belt. Full reveal in a few days, but they've released a screenshot - let's speculate wildly!

yVSifqX.jpg

Going by the combination of the title and screenshot I surmise the black fella's name is Smith, what I haven't figured out is why he's wearing what appears to be a knight's helmet. Maybe Activision want some of that sweet, sweet Game of Thrones cash?

EDIT: Apparently it's called Advanced Warfare and not Blacksmith so now my post makes no sense. Thanks a lot NeoGAF!

Yeah that's something else. I honestly don't get what they're trying to go for here? I mean we always knew that CoD loves to glorify war and the millitary industrial complex but now the franchise is tied to a documentary which blatantly discusses the fact that countries like the US sustain war for profit and that the next CoD will take place in such a setting?

Already done by MGS4 mind you but I wonder what CoD's spin on all this is going to be.

Good to see they have not ditched the single player campaign (I think from the trailer). I thought they might have gone down the titanfall route with multiplayer only.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare confirmed, out in November

Update: Activision's posted the official trailer, confirming Destructoid's leak. The new Spacey-based shooter is Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and it's out on November 4, 2014.

Earlier today, Destructoid said it learned through a "trusted source" the game centers on a mercenary group led by Kevin Spacey's character, and this renegade faction has the US government in its sights. That tallied with what Activision's teased, and the publisher's now released an official video ahead of the expected reveal on Sunday, May 4.
The trailer showcases futuristic elements like soldiers clad in beefy-looking exoskeletons, and a whole bunch of hover-things including hover-bikes(!). We'll keep you updated on further details as they trickle out.

It's Sledgehammer Games time for a go on the Call of Duty conveyor belt. Full reveal in a few days, but they've released a screenshot - let's speculate wildly!

yVSifqX.jpg

Going by the combination of the title and screenshot I surmise the black fella's name is Smith, what I haven't figured out is why he's wearing what appears to be a knight's helmet. Maybe Activision want some of that sweet, sweet Game of Thrones cash?

Is Idris Elba in it because this model looks a lot like him?

A lot of it looks very cool (climbing walls, hoverbikes) but the trailer still gives off the vibe that it will essentially just be the same old COD. Incredibly scripted and boring in spite of how many explosions it shoves in your face.

Looks miles better that Ghosts in graphical terms, though.

Missed this the first time I watched it:

mechcvq51.gif

Nothing wrong with copying Titanfall in my book. I never thought there'd be a day when COD felt too slow but that day came after playing Respawn's game.

It's all about the maps, though. Ghosts was a write off for me because for the first time ever there wasn't a single map I didn't want to skip.