rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

That's it, I'm afraid. Though in the old games there were methods of fixing those scenarios, I haven't seen that in this game so far (I'm way behind everyone else though).

I was tempted to go back and get that (same - plague mask hunter?) NPC myself, hopefully it'll net me some armour. Fuck the consequences. I need to find out if that set is any good!

I ended up with her armour available to me but not because I killed her.

I went back through the area where Gazza was and was attacked by a Hunter. Not sure if he was a named NPC or not, it all happened too quick to tell. Then Plague mask woman suddenly turned up and started fighting the other hunter for me. It was a close fight but she died to the other hunter. I ended up killing him myself after she'd done most of the work. Not sure what any of it meant.

What's all this talk about a secret door after BSB & some sort of workshop?

I'm trying not to read spoilers or wiki but I don't remember getting a message or hint after BSB regarding something opening up?

Do you have to kill Her? She didn't do anything when I talked to her.

I don't know! One way to find out..

And Pfft did you not talk to her a few times? She gave me some bold Hunters marks.

Oh, maybe she did. I went back to her last night and she just kept saying the same thing, so I've definitely exhausted her dialogue at the minute.

What's all this talk about a secret door after BSB & some sort of workshop?

I'm trying not to read spoilers or wiki but I don't remember getting a message or hint after BSB regarding something opening up?

Ha..

It's not really a secret, to me it seemed like the next thing to do!

After beating BSB, back to Hunter's Dream I went. The wheelchair man told me to go back to the Oedon. So I did. Looking around, I spotted a door that was previously locked was now open..

Don't you have Ludwig's sword? You get the badge for it through that route..

Re: Eileen. (cc. Sie)

If you kill the other hunter at the place where you fought Gasgo she'll thank you, then turn up later outside the cathedral. Do another questy thing for her right inside and she'll give out some pretty decent rewards

Nnnnnngh stop tempting me to open those spoilers, Sie and Kayin!! :P

Must.. be.. strong!

A friend and I have booked in to try and pwn our way through some chalice dungeons tonight from 8pm. Hoping that things go smoothly!

Ha..

It's not really a secret, to me it seemed like the next thing to do!

After beating BSB, back to Hunter's Dream I went. The wheelchair man told me to go back to the Oedon. So I did. Looking around, I spotted a door that was previously locked was now open..

Don't you have Ludwig's sword? You get the badge for it through that route..

I do not have that item, or know anything about it.

I did see the note & had a cursory look around the tomb area again, spoke to the NPC who is near the statue but nothing is obvious, in fact there's very little in that section to do, at least to me anyway.

I'll take another look tonight. :)

It's likely you just had a bit of a gap before having to look round again. It's right near to the lantern.. Three routes out of that room. One was locked initially, now is open. That's it!

Edit; it wasn't a note either, wheelchair man literally told me to go back there.

Freaked out the other day re doll..

she was hiding up near the back door of the workshop! For a moment I was half expecting to find her dead or something!

Shame doll has literally fuck all of interest to say. I still stubbornly talk to her each time I've done something that would traditionally update npc dialogue. But I'm going to stop soon.

• Upvote 2

Just spent all morning helping players out with jolly co-op, so enjoyable and works every time for me now. It's fun to watch how people attack against the bosses and see exactly what I was doing and being panicky and then now feeling much more bold and powered up strolling in and sorting it all out. Great stuff. :)

Back to Old Yarnham shortly though I think...

Ah, yes, there's a door which I've never seen befor;, I've been through there tens of times since BSB but because of exactly where it is, it is almost invisible.

What I've picked up from inside so far actually works out pretty great with the timing of the witch too.

Thanks dood.

Wandering up through NOM I received my first invasion of the game so far. It didn't work out too well for the poor soul, as I sent him packing in two or three swipes of my +8 Blade of Mercy. Easily my favourite of the weapons I've come across so far.

And that's Bloodborne completed! Well one playthrough anyway.

Easily the best experience I've had in gaming since, well, Borderlands 2 (I adore Blands). The bosses, bar one or two, are insanely good, the atmosphere is incredible. Just everything about it feeds right into what I desire from such an experience.

I'll go more in-depth when quite a few of you are at the end game too, but there are areas, and enemies that will stand tall in my memory for a long time. Ended up at Level 82, with my weapon at +10 (won't say which one due to spoilers).

That final fight is epic btw, such a fitting end. Loved every second.

• Upvote 1

Is there any point to levelling up both Skill and Strength? I thought you pick one and go with it so I've been sticking it all in strength.

I've just beaten BSB.

Is the place that you fight him in a dead end or am I missing something? Not really sure where to go unless they're trying to force me into buying that thing to open the gate.

Did you manage to beat him?

Eventually :) I failed twice more after I tried with you but after I noticed that you do crazy damage to him just before he vanishes.

Just a quick question re Cathedral Ward.

After you leave the lamp and go up the stairs where the massive creature is, if you go left there is an open gate which you can close using the lever on the other side. Does anyone know if this serves a purpose?

If you close the gate then next time you come through the giant guy with the axe will be stuck behind it because that's where he spawns before he walks out to where you see him the first time.

Is there any point to levelling up both Skill and Strength? I thought you pick one and go with it so I've been sticking it all in strength.

My current weapon is a B/B in STR and SKL, and my back up weapon is entirely SKL. All depends what you're going for, I'm aiming towards a quality build.

• Upvote 1

Man those are some good stats man. And those additional effects top right look insane! Can't wait to get that stuff going now! :D

Sorry.

So the first left off the plaza as you go through the ten grand gate, yes? Into the FF?

The reason I ask is I tried the one right before the cathedral with the snipers and just got fucked. Again and again. Seems way too high level for me at this stage

FF? It's a little bit of a woodland, but it's not the Forgotten Woods, no. It takes you through to Hemwick Charnel Lane, which is where you need to be going :). Hug the left wall and kill the snipers you face whilst taking cover behind the trees. It's not so tough after you know where they are. It's more intimidating than it is a tricky area.

Forbidden Woods.

Went through and found a shortcut. Takes about ten minutes off. From that shortcut I spent an hour going through the whole area, found the boss, and die. I didn't find another shortcut. I can't go through all that again. 30,000 echoes waiting there, though.

Someone tell me there's another shortcut...

I too ran through a lot of it but then got killed by the 'roided up beast man in the hut next to the cannon. I had to go through and kill everything carefully again because I was unsure of my bearings being new to the area, and had 70k on the line. I even got lost a couple of times.

After I got that back (five molotovs, just to be safe) I went down the mill and backstab>Visceraled the shifty geezer who has a ton of HP before heading outside. I read a message that said "tough foe ahead!", or whatever it is, actually saw it, and then decided to pack up for the night.

These dogs are pissing me off, they're so unpredictable. Three at once and you're fucked. Hardest pack in the game.

Anyone else find the enemy in the Cathedral Ward apparently known as

Death Dealer?

It's a standard enemy but a bugger to fight as they chase you down like mad so you can't really trigger them and back off. What's more, there's an interesting consequence to dying at the hands of one... I think the first time around I just panicked and tried to use Regain to chase my depleting health, which just got me killed more quickly :lol: although the one I saw seemed like it was positioned perfectly for a backstab (y'know, that one move I've hardly bothered practising because I like going for gun parries more...)

Well running away from the first one I found and back through a door revealed a severe handicap he has :D although I doubt this'll work for all of them... ;)

my weapon at +10 (won't say which one due to spoilers).

say itttttttt

The first lantern's right inside the courtyard gates right after you get off the stagecoach. Maybe a little to the left, if memory serves.

So there WAS a lantern! :lol: I searched all over for it. Thanks. The Martyr's dead now :)

I've just beaten BSB.

Is the place that you fight him in a dead end or am I missing something? Not really sure where to go unless they're trying to force me into buying that thing to open the gate.

Go to the Lantern in the

cathedral, look around in the next room for an inconspicuous door that is now open. Go up till you get to a locked door, then make your way ALL the way down.