IGNORED

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

dataDave, have a go at SL4 if you want a challenge! The squishiness makes things pretty hairy.

What's SL4?

I've already spoken to Gherman and the fog gate is there to fight him. If I get and consume the umbilical thirds now can I fight the moon presence? Or is it a third option on the final choice thing?

You have to eat up before talking to him at all, as far as I'm aware.

I've just had a bug where the frame rate dropped to single FPS when entering into the SoY boss area.

Was a little concerned (read very) that I wouldn't be able to progress further in the game! Turns out its a bug caused by having the auto camera setting turned off....so if you should get this happening then switch that option back over to fix it.

I was about to post the same, most steps into fog drop to about 2fps!

Certainly not switching auto camera back on now, it was holding me back before.

What's SL4?

Hehe. Apologies, I forget not everyone was mad I to Souls series prior to this!

SL4 = level 4 = waste of skin, through whole game without levelling up. That's what my videos over the last couple of days have been.

It was feasible in Dark Souls (and Demon's) to complete the entire thing at level 1. There's a series on YouTube of a guy doing the hardest game cycle (NG+7) at Soul Level 1,its pretty amazing.

Hardest boss I've fought so far is

Martyr Logarius, and I've killed up to and including Rom

- If you haven't been playing for 12 hours, and had around 40 insight or so when you fought him you'd know. I swear I beat him more through luck than actual skill. Worst boss in terms of the camera too.

None of the other bosses were anywhere near as hard. Apparently if you spend your insight after you've fought a boss with high insight, they stay with the extra attacks etc. Probably why it was so bloody hard if that's true :facepalm:

Yeah he's supertough. almost had him. I had high insight too.

Hit start button. Move to the bottom row. This is your quick access bar. Press x to choose something to equip there. To use it, cycle items in the bar by pressing down on the dpad. Press square to use the item.

Lovely, ta.

I'm rather enjoying this. I just killed all the guys at the bonfire. Found it surprisingly easy, you just lure each one away and take them down. Very conscious however that no checkpoint/save point seems to have manifested itself. If I go back to Hunter's Dream to spend my Blood Echoes will they all have re spawned when I come back here?

Yep, every time you go back to Hunter's Dream, everyone respawns. And there are no save points/checkpoints. You will find more lamps, but more pertinently, you will find shortcuts that mean you can bypass whole sections. For example, if you have killed everyone at the bonfire, you can explore and continue and find a way to open the gate to the left of your current spawn lamp.

Lovely, ta.

I'm rather enjoying this. I just killed all the guys at the bonfire. Found it surprisingly easy, you just lure each one away and take them down. Very conscious however that no checkpoint/save point seems to have manifested itself. If I go back to Hunter's Dream to spend my Blood Echoes will they all have re spawned when I come back here?

As you start to level up yourself and your weapons - as well as fighting enemies that are faster - you'll find that if/when you go back to these areas, you'll tear through them all like nobodies business.

I ran into RTVS today.

It only took me four or five attempts in the end, but boy was it was a pain in the ass to start with. I just couldn't find a way to reliably dodge the ice attacks, which was infuriating. You really need to be patient to win this, it seems, and that attack made it very difficult to keep calm.

I did in the end though. :) I don't know if Rom usually keeps teleporting indefinitely or only a few times, but for whatever reason he stuck around on my last attempt and I was able to kill him. Marvellous!

Everything's gone very Lovecraft now. :ph34r:

Suffering through my own impatience now. Having done the bonfire first time I've now failed on about 10 subsequent attempts.

I've made it through now though, killed the big ogre banging on the gate, and the small coterie with dogs. I'm now at where I got munched by two huge wolves. I really don't want to die again. Any tips?