IGNORED

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

If you want a more explicit explanation click the spoiler

Warp to Witch's Abode. Take the exit out onto the plains patrolled by dogs and clever guys. You will see a large blue-ish looking headstone. Go upto it and you will trigger the cutscene that takes you to Cainhurst.

It's not dropped by her at all...

is it not? I knew I got it from that area...

I don't think its an item that you can have your inventory full for...

I would say more likely you've missed it. Go back to the area and take a look around, there's a couple in chests around the area too so the item won't stand out.

Thanks. I didn't find any chest on the area either so there must be something big I missed. I also read the spoiler tagged help above. I really shouldn't have. But kinda glad I did. I really enjoy finding things in this game by accident and realising it's something big. But when you know you are looking for something very specific, it's just a fucking pain.

Well, I finished this off last night and the only trophies I haven't got seem to be Chalice related, so I'm happy to put it to bed. Not sure I'll ever see myself going back but I did enjoy quite a lot of it. I was soured a bit towards the end with the constant one shots and status effects though, but I suppose that's all part of the series.

Not sure if I should jump into Scholar of the First Sin just yet though.

I reckon the Chalice Dungeons could be the best part of the game, and among the scariest.

Don't give up on them so easily, there are a few unique bosses in there. It's all lore-related too.

NG+++ for me now, although I think I'll just stick to the CDs from here on out.

The enemies outside Cainhurst are super difficult compared to the enemies inside. It's a very unusual spike TBH.

Once you're inside you'll progress okay.

My tips for ML

Stay within a dash range for the first half of the fight as much as possible. Not right on top of him but close enough so a dash forward will put you in range to attack him.

When he performs his 2 main arcane attacks - dash forward. You'll dash through the skull spread before they become active and you'll be safe from the giant ball until it's fired.

If he does the spread attack, hit him with 2 slashes then back off as he'll likely do his big GTFOff me skull attack and it hurts!

If he stamps his spear into the floor he's charging the giant ball so charge your R2, hit him and again back off to the above range

He fires out a small skull sometimes which he blows up. this is always on the right hand side so dash left when you see it.

All 3 of sythe attacks are reposte'bale so when you see him start this attack get a shot in as quick as possible and then V attack him.

At around a 1/3 to 1/2 his energy he'll start to charge a huge explosion, get a couple of hits and then back right off. Don't get greedy as you'll need to be about 6 dash distances away to avoid the attack.

When he raises up into the air get ready to dodge, always dodge right as the swipe comes from the left. Don't be too quick on the dodge as it tracks. If he's next to you when he lands, get a couple of slashes in and then back off.

When he charges is arcane he's going to slam a sword into the ground when you see this charge dash in and time your hits so one of your strikes destroys the sword when it's in the ground. Then back off

If you miss this, the sword will start a lot of flying swords to appear in the air which fly out in all directions. Don't kill yourself trying to get to it as he'll be chasing you down, back off avoid his hits, use the pillars for cover and look to get to the sword and destroy it. It should only take 1 hit to destroy, so 1 swipe and then focus back on him.

He has some fast attacks during this part of the fight so when he dashes at you back off, if the attacks are fast keep backing off, if he goes into his slow syche attack reposte and V attack him.

I played this guy a lot!! :)

Good luck!

Weird, my ML experience was nowhere near as intense as that. I basically just kept dodging forward and to the left and getting a couple of quick cane slashes in each time for the whole fight. Definitely didn't see some of those moves you're talking about. I saw most of them but found that staying close, dodging forward and slashing tending to interrupt most of them, and dashing forward for any magic missed them easily. My insight was only around 20-25 if that makes any difference though.

Hello I need a bit of help. After reading here that it was one of the best areas in the game, and knowing I had missed it and I am near the end of the game, I decided to read a tip for finding FCC (Fucking CC). The tip and outcome are below:

"near the dogs in the forest." Following this I got all the way back to the clinic and found Iosefa who is a bid mad (same as everyone). I killed her because I could not tell how to get further and she sounded like she'd turn into a beast or something, but she didn't, she only dropped an item I already have. I am not sure whether I went the right way, if I am on track to finding CC, or if killing her has fucked my chances of finding CC. I am ruining the game for myself trying to find this place so I decided to turn to you for help. In the form of an in-game message, what do I need to do next to find CC? Did I go the wrong way? Did I screw up by killing Iosefa and will I ever find it now? Thanks!!!

I'd like to know this too. What does CC stand for?

I'd like to know this too. What does CC stand for?

Castle Cainhurst, or Forsaken Castle Cainhurst, an optional area (and boss). If you follow the spoiler thread you've quoted you'll get a good idea of how to get to it (once you pick up the item specified in the spoilers at the location specified in the spoilers).

Im a bit stuck where to go next. I just beat the spider boss. I have FW open, but finding the SOY boss quite tough. Or more annoying than tough, unless there is a shortcut to SOY that I missed?

Do I have any other options for where to go?

Any tips on the Cairnhill castle boss? He keeps murdering me!

He's the hardest boss in the game for me. Not looking forward to NG+ against him.

I used the axe on him, as everything else seemed to end in me dying or getting knocked off the roof. Tried gun parrying but it didnt go so well, so just stuck to being close as possible and smacking him whenever I got the chance in-between him trying to melee me. His spells are a pain in the ass, and hit like a truck, so get in close and he swaps to melee which hits hard, but not as hard as his spells. He can be stunned with charge attacks, or enough melee hits. When he does the big charge up attack planting his staff in the floor he can be charge attacked which supposedly stops him being immune to interrupts (so when you melee him he will reel), which he will be if you dont do the charge attack. To be honest I beat him using this strategy, but it was mainly down to luckily managing to dodge most of his attacks for the first time since fighting him. I had about 40 insight I think, whether that impacts how hard of a bastard he is I dont know.

God, the trip through NF to A is a thankless task. A sprint through a poison lake (which admittedly only needs one antidote to get through) is one thing, but then you go through all of the frenzy-inducing brain things (again, not a problem if my health is full but it costs a few vials) just to get to the boss, who then proceeds to take off half of my lifebar with one two hit combo. I feel like I'm getting somewhere, but the way you have to engage him makes it tricky. :P

I did however, find a secret key 'upper cathedral key' - is this an optional area too?

The Upper Cathedral Key opens the locked door at the top of the tower in the Healing Church Workshop (accessed via the lift in the Cathedral Ward). I'm pretty sure it's not a mainline quest area.

Re: Frenzy - resistances (runes and armour) and sedatives are your friends!

Hellcock - I'm not massively fussed about place name and boss name spoilers but I think you've been in the thread enough to know that others are. It's less effort to abbreviate them than it is to write them in full!