IGNORED

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

I just got the platinum trophy.

It's a brilliant game, but fuck, those last couple of chalice dungeon bosses were insanely hard.

The 2 bosses that have stuck in my mind were the Abhorrent Beast (which I had to beat twice the get the required ingredients for the last dungeon) and the Watchdog of the Old Lords in the Defiled Chalice dungeon. Absolutely mental tough for me.

Couple of updates from Future Press about the Guide Book... In order of update, most recent is last...

Here is a super brief update on the production status of our Bloodborne Collector’s Edition Guide. We’re completely done with creating content and now are only focusing on fine-tuning and double-checking everything is correct. Our print slots are reserved for Tuesday/Wednesday of the coming week (both in the US and the UK), and if all goes well, the books are printed the following week and on the way to our distributors. From that point on, it’s out of our hands and it all depends on how quick our distribution partners can pass through the books.

Our translation team is working night shifts to get the German edition done shortly after, but you should expect at least an additional week of delay – glaubt uns, wir geben uns echt Mühe!

Oh, and the exclusive Dynamic Theme has been approved by Sony a few days ago and is waiting secretly and silently in the PSN Store for your unlock key. We can’t wait to hear your feedback. Remember, the US edition codes are only redeemable in the United States, Canada and Latin America, whereas the European edition codes only work in PAL territory incl. ANZ.

And there is one more thing that we won’t go into detail yet – saving the best for last. Something that makes the guide even more valuable and up-to-date for a long time to come. We can’t wait to talk about it.

Stay with us – we’re almost there.

--------------------------------------------------

Posted 9th April

The books will be shipped to retailers next week. Thanks to everyone for your incredible patience – we do believe it's worth the wait, but...well, you'll see for yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/FuturePress/posts/10153142482066163

I congratulate them on their consumer-focused policy, but it's surely commercially insane.

They'll sell a much smaller number 3-4 weeks after the game released.

Surprised they didn't release it as was and do a PDF errata/update for the missing stuff.

Feel really sorry for them, and they must be a bit miffed at Sony/From for how the timings have panned out. Anyway, pre-ordered.

Only had a brief window to play this today, but I did upload the video of me fluking CB:

You can see how unexpected its arrival was from the way I try to "nope" it out of there! :lol:

Kinda looks like it glitched to me though, what do you think? I've had a couple of weird glitches. I've killed that big cleaver dude a few times now near the first lamp in CY, and the last time I did he fell down and got stuck behind some trees and tombstones. Still nearly killed me mind you.

Have you had you PS4 in Rest mode for a while? Set to instant resume?

The CB continually repeats a right arm swipe, that would imply that you may have hit that bug.

CB should be far more aggressive and in your face that shown in that video.

..also you're chewing your way through Blood Vials! They should be used a bit more strategically, but it is just the start of the game..

Have you had you PS4 in Rest mode for a while? Set to instant resume?

The CB continually repeats a right arm swipe, that would imply that you may have hit that bug.

CB should be far more aggressive and in your face that shown in that video.

..also you're chewing your way through Blood Vials! They should be used a bit more strategically, but it is just the start of the game..

I didn't really know what I was doing there to be honest, I don't chomp through them like that any more.

I've never put my PS4 in rest mode, but I had the game running all day. I wasn't aware of any known bug.

It clearly has bugged out though, which is kind of gutting in a way as I've missed out on a key event in the way it should be experienced.

It also means I'm in for a shock assuming the next boss doesn't bug out...

Yup, he was obviously stuck in one spot in a single attack animation. He's a bit more active than that usually...

... I wish the last boss was glitched; he's kicked my arse half-a-dozen times in a row now. The sixth time, I'm afraid I got a bit pissed off and called for help from a co-op partner for the second time in the game. After ten minutes one arrived. After another 30 seconds he was pulped. As usual, I went on to get the boss down to just under a quarter health, using everything I had, and at that point was unceremoniously mashed to pieces.

I had some fond thoughts of going on through the Chalice Dungeons afterwards, getting some rare phat loot, and maybe defeating the ultimate boss of that place. But after my experience with this one so far, and reading what Pup's written, I think I'll just retire if and when I manage to beat this one by some fluke or other. I'm just not going to be good enough for that sort of punishment. Upon finally completing NoM I was almost persuaded, after slowly taming the area, unlocking all (or most of) its secrets, and cleaning it up, that it was actually a harsh but fair set of environmental and combat puzzles, and I'd finally solved it. And so, travelling about all the previous areas, getting all my loose ends tied up, I thought I was on top of the game again. The last three or four bosses had been a piece of piss. And now this. This fucking bastard evil fuck of a bastard boss who just doesn't know how to die and let me beat the game. The lousy fucker.

And so it's back to rage mode for me. Think I might leave the PS4 on overnight.

Thanks for all the tips about finding CC. I wish I had done it earlier. The level itself seemed a bit easy, like i was overleveled for it. I still think I was the right level for ML who is a bastard. Got some fine messages from hunters after that help me find another secret at the end of that section. Here's the last two minutes of the ML encounter.

I did the same but don't recall seeing any odd patterns at all. Isn't it obvious e.g. they spam the same move over and over in the same spot?

MWN is exploitable regardless of how long the machine has been on for:

There's only one honourable thing for me to do now.

I must face Eric Beast again...

Don't worry about it. Do you plan on playing through NG+?

NG+ is not something I usually do, so probably not.

I just feel that I haven't beaten him properly, and also that I'm going to be ill prepared when I meet a non-glitched boss.

I mucked about trying to kill Trevor Cleaver a few times last night, with no detriment to my blood echoes or stash of goodies. I just practised timing the pistol parry and visceral attack a bit, and if I failed I just let him kill me. So having a crack at enemies repeatedly like that seems to be encouraged, or at least not discouraged (?)

The game is all about slow attrition as you gradually unlock routes and become either both powerful or skilled enough to progress. What seems impossible now will be easy once you've got further into the game. So yes, learn enemies by repeated play but always try and come out with something gained. Alsoif something's frustrating try another wayif there is one.

I did the same but don't recall seeing any odd patterns at all. Isn't it obvious e.g. they spam the same move over and over in the same spot?

It's not always obvious I don't think, especially if you haven't fought them before. I'm at the end game now & watched a few videos of previous bosses out of interest, several of the ones I thought I'd beaten legit, I probably didn't.

Definitely beat the glitched form of CB, where he just swipes away at one spot. Good. Because I failed about 6 times to beat the uncheesed version, and much more of that might have weakened my resolve to continue. I expect this "white tanooki suit" option will appeal on some of the bosses still to come.

NG+ is not something I usually do, so probably not.

I just feel that I haven't beaten him properly, and also that I'm going to be ill prepared when I meet a non-glitched boss.

I mucked about trying to kill Trevor Cleaver a few times last night, with no detriment to my blood echoes or stash of goodies. I just practised timing the pistol parry and visceral attack a bit, and if I failed I just let him kill me. So having a crack at enemies repeatedly like that seems to be encouraged, or at least not discouraged (?)

Start again and try him properly then matey! I'd do exactly the same tbh. Don't leave the game running for long periods for now.

And that 'mucking about' is EXACTLY the kind of grinding people should do in this game. I'd expand your parry training to the nearby villager enemies, too, Mixing parries in when fighting multiple opponents is mega satisfying (you're invincible while doing the heart rip animation). Just remember that bullets are finite!! But quite cheap to replace at the shop.

Keep at it, man! If you restart, you'll smash through the same distance in about a quarter of the time, I guarantee it. :)

Dood's Journal.

IC:

Was slightly disappointed after the build up, really. I wonder if it fills with more enemies if I'd sent more victims to her?

Had to put her out of her misery, too. Couldn't just leave her on the bed like that.

So, with that done, I headed back to FCC..

Oh man! Now this was a great area. Didn't die the whole way through until meeting the boss. :D

Really enjoyed clearing the place out. Those.. things outside, I loved how my reward for methodically pulling them all and finishing them individually (not to mention nearly dying to those pesky bloody maggotsnakes again!!) was a really fat, immobile version of the same baddie, who I got to taunt and slowly stab to death.

The castle itself was fantastic too, those wailing ghosties were superbly freaky, especially when mixed with the guys who put the red symbol on you!! Ha, I was proper shitting it the first time those screams kicked in!

Got to the boss, but Bold Marked before facing him the first time, had a ton of cash to spend! With my Ludwig's at +9, I felt ready to take him on.

First go was a bit of a fail, I got him down to about 50% health remaining, but didn't clock that I could hit the sword he leaves in the ground to stop that hail of blades flying at me.

Second go was much better, started using the Ludwig's two handed/fat mode and ermahgerd it only totally poisebreaks the fucker, even letting me stagger him out of his casting! Must've had him down to about 20% HP when I unluckily got stuck on a corner and missed a heal chance.

Super cool boss though, looks awesome, interesting moves, fun to learn and just generally felt like an epic battle!

Great fight, I had to stop after that second go, but he'll be down on my next attempt or two, I hope!

Does the 12 hour rest bug work for the last boss ? He's kicking my ass at the minute :lol: Fun fight though, just doing terribly.

I believe it works for all bosses.

He isn't that hard once you get a feel for his moves

Further post-game thoughts:

After finishing Dark Souls I couldn't wait to start again, trying different weapons and directions. Bloodborne, though, just doesn't have that. By levelling my character more or less equally (except for Bloodtinge) I pretty much had access to everything except high level magic, and found the magic in general to be all but useless.

I finished the game with all but one chalice, and the enforced NG+ means I can't go back. I could probably get to the boss I missed in 5 or so hours but it'll be the upgraded version.

So I think I've settled on a brand new run using the internet to make sure I don't miss anything, and just leaving the last boss alone before through the chalice dungeons.

I've not touched the game since I finished it and it's a shame I don't feel the drive to start again like in Dark Souls. Hmm.

This is what I do for any NG+ runs after the first one, as the difficulty hasn't really scaled all that well beyond the first NG.

I just run to the bosses. It takes me under two hours for a full run of every mandatory boss, less than that if I jump the fence at Central Yharnam and go straight to SoY.

That might sound negative, but I've completed the game legitimately twice, sprinted through it once, and ripped it open for the fourth time. I must have spent at least 200 hours on it so far and I've enjoyed practically every moment. I'm still encountering horrific new enemies in the Chalice Dungeons too.

The experience is up there with Resident Evil 2, for me. A real contender to enter my top 10 games of all time, and it's not often those crop up.

Start again and try him properly then matey! I'd do exactly the same tbh. Don't leave the game running for long periods for now.

And that 'mucking about' is EXACTLY the kind of grinding people should do in this game. I'd expand your parry training to the nearby villager enemies, too, Mixing parries in when fighting multiple opponents is mega satisfying (you're invincible while doing the heart rip animation). Just remember that bullets are finite!! But quite cheap to replace at the shop.

Keep at it, man! If you restart, you'll smash through the same distance in about a quarter of the time, I guarantee it. :)

Why would I need to restart? I was just planning to go fight him again.

Don't tell me - grunts re-spawn but bosses don't?