IGNORED

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

The Fluorescent Flower enemies (almost?) always drop it, in my experience. They're in the Lower Pthumerian dungeons. Or you can find a haze extractor tool that works on all ritual materials - I think I found that in the same dungeon type (I only got to just past that type, so it must have been there - I'm sure it wasn't earlier).

I tried ringing the bell in the woods for some co-op, as a last-ditch attempt at dragging something out of the damned game. No response.

Yep, I'm done.

All of the things that were bugging me have just overwhelmed any desire I had to continue. I hate that the game has multiple endings, for a start, and that NPCs can get themselves killed, totally destroying any chance of side-quests from them.

The Fluorescent Flower enemies (almost?) always drop it, in my experience. They're in the Lower Pthumerian dungeons. Or you can find a haze extractor tool that works on all ritual materials - I think I found that in the same dungeon type (I only got to just past that type, so it must have been there - I'm sure it wasn't earlier).

Thanks. Was the extractor tool in a chest? Seems like I'm going to have get some farming done.

If anyone wants the BB (weapon) in NG, you can use this glyph for a Lower Loran Root chalice: u4y8ekjg

There's also a BoM (1st floor), and Blood Rock (3rd floor).

No additional rites required? If so that's a great dungeon. I'll create/share and keep open for as long as i can.

Thanks. Was the extractor tool in a chest? Seems like I'm going to have get some farming done.

I'm on the last dungeon in the game now and zero farming is needed. If you make sure you always check the side doors on the dungeons then you'll always be able to continue the non-randomised stuff you need to do for the platinum.

I tried ringing the bell in the woods for some co-op, as a last-ditch attempt at dragging something out of the damned game. No response.

Yep, I'm done.

All of the things that were bugging me have just overwhelmed any desire I had to continue. I hate that the game has multiple endings, for a start, and that NPCs can get themselves killed, totally destroying any chance of side-quests from them.

Adieu. Didn't want to see you go hollow..

:(

Yep, I'm done.

That's a shame - for what it's worth, you really aren't missing too much with the NPC side quests in this one (and like all these games the NPC side quests are nice bonuses for completionists, they aren't particularly essential). Also if you are really concerned about multiple ending thing you can backup your save and reload and

there are 4 opportunities to get the 3 required items for the "secret" ending

No additional rites required? If so that's a great dungeon. I'll create/share and keep open for as long as i can.

There was an additional rite when I made it (Foetid and Rotten), but when you use the 'Search by Chalice Glyph', it doesn't cost any materials for you to create it. The only prerequisite is that you have created a dungeon from this chalice previously.

New patch up now apparently. Even though I only got the platinum yesterday sort of tempted to carry on, the combat is just so satisfying and there are plenty of weapons left to try. Maybe the new patch is going to make Arcane more viable as well.

Hey guys!

Remember when Spainkiller posted a picture of his review copy that he had just received then less that 48 hours later proclaimed that he had played the game for around 30 hours and conceded that it was the worst Souls game and nothing in comparison to Dark Souls 2?

That was around 2 months ago! Happy 2nd month birthday to Bloodborne!

Since then I've played nothing but Bloodborne, which never happens with me and a single game, never! Almost finished it for the 2nd time and pumped well over 100 hours into it. I'm completely not done either!

So what's everyone's opinion on the game now that it's had a good while to mature? Right now this is weight up to be right in my top 3 favourite games ever, it's clicked with me even more than Dark Souls.

30 insight lol. Lot of disinformation floating about on Reddit, but some interesting changes people have reported include: no longer need 10 insight to see bath messengers, short root ritual chalice is now purchasable, reduction of HP penalty for co-operators in defiled chalice and chalice bosses drop blood chunks on a pretty consistent basis.

short root ritual chalice is now purchasable

Oh really! At the start of the game? I'd be curious to see what depth dungeons it randomly throws at you, because i never got clarification on whether the game checks your own Chalice progress and searches accordingly.

I'm currently enjoying my bank holiday off by playing Bloodborne.

The servers are offline for maintenance as was previously announced.

30 insight for a chunk is defo the case, shall see what else I find.

Edit - Yeah, the "Short Ritual Root Chalice Dungeon" is purchasable with 10 insight.