IGNORED

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

Still no luck with E. Fought her maybe ten times tonight and only once managed to knock off more than half her energy. Three times in a row I walked into the fight trying to bait the head slam, and got one shotted three times in a row. After spending time farming vials, after the tenth death I gave up and went to CC for a laugh.

Fought ML for only the fifth or sixth time, and beat him. That first phase I really struggled but the second one, parried him three times in row. There was moment at the end where I switched to a weapon that I no longer had enough quicksilver to use (hoping for a big finale) and was almost killed when nothing happened upon pulling the trigger. Luckily I rolled at the last second, healed and then moved in for the kill.

Must be one of the few bosses where the second phase is easier than the first.

So just two to go. One I've faced way too many times for what it is, the other who moves so quickly that I'm dead before I know it.

Any top tips on taking out WOTOL? Weapons, best time to smack it etc.

FWIW I used the Battle Axe throughout my entire runthrough, not changing weapons a single time, and I found it was excellent against WOTOL. Using it on extended LB mode, the R2 attack is an overhead attack which can bonk him on his nose as his approaches you, and I more or less rinse and repeated that for the entire fight (he does get a lot more aggressive at the end, so timing it becomes a bit trickier, as if you are a bit late with it he can get you).

Still no luck with E. Fought her maybe ten times tonight and only once managed to knock off more than half her energy. Three times in a row I walked into the fight trying to bait the head slam, and got one shotted three times in a row. After spending time farming vials, after the tenth death I gave up and went to CC for a laugh.

Fought ML for only the fifth or sixth time, and beat him. That first phase I really struggled but the second one, parried him three times in row. There was moment at the end where I switched to a weapon that I no longer had enough quicksilver to use (hoping for a big finale) and was almost killed when nothing happened upon pulling the trigger. Luckily I rolled at the last second, healed and then moved in for the kill.

So just two to go. One I've faced way too many times for what it is, the other who moves so quickly that I'm dead before I know it.

Nice work with ML. I seem to remember parrying him to death in the second stage too.

I don't know what else to say regarding E. What's the move that's one-shotting you?

I agree, once ML goes airborne it is pretty easy to get hits in after he lands just by rolling through him. First phase just involved rolling through the skull attacks or hiding behind a pillar to avoid the blasts.

Good luck with E. I found her to be the hardest since VA (which seems a lifetime ago).

I found the easiest way to beat E was to ignore trying to bait the head smash, fire up the bolt paper and stick to her left side tail (your right when face to face).

She'll try to spin round so you are in front of her so attack twice,run following the direction of her spin, attack with a couple more hits etc.

In this position most of her attacks miss, just be careful in second phase for the instakill lightning - when she's charging up run around in a circle benny hill style then go back in to finish her off.

Part 5 of Bradborne tonight: http://www.twitch.tv/gamestyle1

We left last week with me staring down a tunnel at what looks like a giant bear / raccoon type creature and me scared of what comes next.

Internet seems stable today too.

Cool.

Can you please, please do me two favours:

1) Please stop attacking things with your torch. It does no damage!

2) You know where you always have to kill that bloke at the top of the stairs from the dark house near the wolves on the bridge? Please explore directly opposite. You've walked past a little secret there about a million times, and it drives me mad!

;)

By the way, if you die (and you will) starting from the Great Bridge is not helping you. If you haven't realised already, killing that boss is optional and the bridge is a dead end. Starting there means you have to slog past the brick troll, werewolves, etc, etc every time. To get to where you need to go next you're far better off starting at the main Central Yarnham lamp and heading left.

Looking forward to seeing you meet the "racoon" :lol:

Noted, will check that out when I die.

I like the "when". It suggests acceptance, which is step 2 of the Bloodborne Plan.

Ordinarily I wouldn't give you a steer like that, but because you only play an hour or so a week I worry that you'll spin your wheels more than if you were just playing it normally.

Regarding E, she

telegraphs her dash by moving her head sideways before she attacks. Start dashing as soon as she does that and you'll evade her attack constantly if you're not getting sloppy. Lock-on and sideways dashing works great against her lightning attacks as well.

A good day - helped a few folk take down TOR for practice and levelling, then did a solo job on it for my world. That done, I realised I had been avoiding the three hunters, so went back for them (having died to them earlier) and took them down on my first (second) attempt, without even managing to separate them. Felt great.

E was definitely the hardest story boss for me; very unpredictable, a huge range and that one-hit kill charge attack. You have to come up with your own stratagem unfortunately, I did the complete opposite of Andy up above and kept my distance at all times, timing my dashes and using my high bloodtinge to get some good shots in with bone marrow ash + evelyn.

I would give some advice about WotOL but I can't remember whipping its arse. I did whip it though, if that makes a difference (EDIT: and it does! It's weak to serrated weapons according to the guide!).

Currently giving me a headache: defiled A. Any tips?

Enjoyed that tonight, hopefully the Stream worked well for everyone (will be up on Youtube tomorrow)

Yep, think I will need to do some off screen leveling at times, so doing some grinding away from the stream will hopefully keep me in practice too.

Fuck fucking G, the feisty fucking fuck.

It's the speed that does me. He's in your face so quickly.

Many thanks for the tips on E. I know I'll take her down eventually, and she does seem an easy boss to kill.....

That was awesome tonight Brad. Perfect streaming (paging Gorf King!) and you made great progress.

Has the level design clicked a bit more now? The whole objective is to explore, but opening shortcuts so you can skip areas you've already explored. As you've seen you can then dash straight past enemies, or kill them, it's up to you. Very soon you will feel confident enough in your knowledge of the layout to kill every single enemy just for fun/echoes, and you'll wonder how you ever didn't know how it all linked up.

Then you find a new area and the bafflement begins anew. It's genius design.

Nah it's cool, no worries, I'll probably miss stuff at some point so always welcome the advice.

I may stream the grind, but without commentary and put them on Youtube a Bradborne B-Sides or something.

Also, the moment it clicked I could run past that group and let the other guys at the top slaughter everyone with a rolling ball of fire... :lol:

Other favourite bit, which I must highlight on twitch, was taking on that pig thing whilst not realising all the enemies behind me had respawned. I have no idea how I survived that.

Yeah, you made some great progress in tonight's Bradborne and you've really got the "counter, dash in, visceral" down. It can help massively against the boss you found but it's a bit of a risky approach for players who are still getting used to the timing.

(And yes, I know I keep going mad when you pull out the torch but I'm a big fan of the gun counters :P and you're getting really good at them...)

So not sure where to look next -do I need to kill the boss at Bygenwerth? Or is there somewhere else to explore from the Forbidden Woods? I seem to remember coming across an area with poisonous water once, while running around in the forest (before I killed the bosses there). Is there another exit from the woods? (other than Bygenwerth)?