IGNORED

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

The Rifle Spear Charged R2 is a game changer. While at least 50% of the enemies are still walking toward you, you've already charged up and hit them. I found it took a couple of fights to get used to, but after that it became deadly to almost anything.

How would DLC work with BB? I haven't played any of the Souls games, is the DLC in previous From games separate areas, new weapons, bosses, etc.? Would we all have to start new characters to play through or would it be post-game content? Can't imagine how it would work in terms of balancing difficulty for the area and so on.

How would DLC work with BB? I haven't played any of the Souls games, is the DLC in previous From games separate areas, new weapons, bosses, etc.? Would we all have to start new characters to play through or would it be post-game content? Can't imagine how it would work in terms of balancing difficulty for the area and so on.

I think what usually happens is that a door that's seemingly there for decoration ends up leading to a DLC area once you have the necessary content. There's already been some speculation about potential doors and paths etc that could be placed in the game with future DLC in mind, and if that's the case then it'll just be another area you can explore with your existing character...

I think what usually happens is that a door that's seemingly there for decoration ends up leading to a DLC area once you have the necessary content. There's already been some speculation about potential doors and paths etc that could be placed in the game with future DLC in mind, and if that's the case then it'll just be another area you can explore with your existing character...

Yeah, that big door in UV is a prime candidate for starters...

I did some Chalice Dungeon bits last night

I finally defeated Amygdala in the Defiled Chalice Dungeon, but I did summon, but only after I got so close on a previous run. I tried a few runs but was having trouble with the third phase. I had a look online and the advice was to stay behind her and then she would jump forward but she didn't seem to do this for me and her jumping behaviours was the same as in the previous phases.

Was she patched ? or perhaps I was doing it not quite right?

Anyway I didn't feel too bad about summoning as in the Defiled dungeons you can't really hang back and heal and let your coop partner do all the work as it is all too easy to be one shotted, so you still have to learn to boss attacks and patterns.

Anyway I now have the Great Pthumerian Chalice and have started out into it's depths.

Whilst I know the DLC in DS1 was stupidly awkward to trigger (in fact I wonder how the hell anyone found it unless the were very explicit with instructions), unless the DLC hasn't got any lamps, or has it's own hub like the Hunters Dream, then they'll have to add a new headstone somewhere. It would break the general progression of returning to level up/repair etc. if that doesn't happen.

Yeah I don't think there was any way I would have got into the DLC in DS without a guide.

In fact I don't think I would have got back to the asylum, and therefore onto Painted World, without help in the thread on here, as I'd already attempted the correct method (jumping onto the pillars/arches in Firelink Shrine) and decided it wasn't possible.

Part of what makes the Souls games so endearing to me though, is their point-blank refusal to follow established conventions of user-friendliness.

Whilst I know the DLC in DS1 was stupidly awkward to trigger (in fact I wonder how the hell anyone found it unless the were very explicit with instructions), unless the DLC hasn't got any lamps, or has it's own hub like the Hunters Dream, then they'll have to add a new headstone somewhere. It would break the general progression of returning to level up/repair etc. if that doesn't happen.

There's plenty of space for new lamps under the existing headstones, though. IIRC, only the first headstone is totally full of locations to warp to.

Anyone need help with CB or FG in the next hour or so, let me know. Also tell me how to join specific games. Level 21 in Central Yarnham ready and waiting.

Also got a guy ready to go on CB or FG NG+.

That hunter in the Grand Cathedral is fucking me off. I must have tried to kill her around 20 times now. I had her health down to a tiny sliver after a fight of about 20 minutes - she got me with a visceral strike.

When he has the pistol out - only go for parries, when he is in switched mode you are safe to go for melee attacks.

Anyone need help with CB or FG in the next hour or so, let me know. Also tell me how to join specific games. Level 21 in Central Yarnham ready and waiting.

Also got a guy ready to go on CB or FG NG+.

You can join someone specific by both setting the same password in the network settings.

I doubt there are many people waiting for help on the first two bosses right now btw.

Which big door?

The bricked up one at the opposite end of the main drag to ToR?

Although not really a door I suppose...

Nah..

exit the UV chapel, turn right, down the ramp where the eyeball chest lurks andthere is an unopened doorway up some steps on the left side as you face the opened doors with the kneeling corpses. On the way to TOR...

I always found the warp bath thing around there to be really suspicious. It's the only one in the game isn't it (I mean, the only two)? It just seemed weird that it was there when really it doesn't even offer much of a shortcut. That whole area does seem a bit unfinished.

That hunter in the Grand Cathedral is fucking me off. I must have tried to kill her around 20 times now. I had her health down to a tiny sliver after a fight of about 20 minutes - she got me with a visceral strike.

If you mean the one in VA's chapel, you can always just cheese him by

letting him Chikage himself for you.

Shameful but very effective.

They patched that didn't they? I've beaten him twice and there is obviously an element of luck involved. I think you should just go in on him when he is transformed, stay away when he has that fucking gun out OR go for parries and bring loads of numbing mist.