Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

Well that was spooky!

One boss down, piss easy if you ask me, must be overlevelled, thought I was doing alright with the 2nd one too, had her down to half health and then she got me...

Nope! She's rock hard once she goes mad lol! (The 2nd Boss)

24 minutes ago, D.C. said:

The real boss, which you've accurately summed up above.

Ahh I see, I got excited there and thought perhaps a sequel had been announced :)

I might have to do some more grinding before tackling her again as I'm running out of all the good stuff like bolt paper. 

Long time reader of this thread, so thought I'd join in.

This game's probably catapulted itself into my all-time top (I say "probably", as a lot of them in there are heavily entwined in nostalgia now so it's hard to look at them objectively anymore). I've absolutely loved it. I loved it when I bought it on release but for some reason after I beat FG I put it aside for a whole year and got distracted.

Just up to the third area of the DLC - I know this is the final stretch but how long have I got left? After the DLC is dusted off, I have just have the final encounters to do.

I'm level 118 and not on NG+ or anything, so probably over leveled.

Still a fair bit of the dlc (possibly 2 bosses, depending on whether you went back to one after getting an item). 

In terms of level - the dlc will still be challenging but you may well cruise through the final bosses of the main game when you go back to them (I think this is as much to do with how much better you get doing the dlc than the extra levels you pick up - that hunter fight Minion referenced above went from "Holy shit" to just another hunter fight on subsequent playthtoughs for me).

If you're on about the E fight, I've already done that. I'm just at the point of no return in the vanilla game, and left it there while I attempted the DLC, as I didn't want to have to face that on New Game+. I knew that if I finished the game, I'd get forced into NG+ and would have to progress to a certain point to be able to access it again, so I made sure to do it on my first playthrough.

I was initially disappointed with the first area of the DLC, as it reuses a lot of assets, but the second one was much better. Loved the boss fight at the end of it too (LMotAC). I was shaking when I beat it.

1 hour ago, Davros sock drawer said:

She is one of those bosses I killed ok first time, but the version in the Chalice Dungeon where you have half health really schooled me hard. As a result I now know her moves intimately, even if that bloody charge attack still gets me.

There is actually a reliable way to dodge the charge attack. When she starts charging, dodge first to the side, then dodge backwards - it helps if you're locked on to her body rather than her head. Basically, you want to dodge to the side as she's approaching you, then as she's rushing past you, dodge backwards and out of the way of the tentacles on her back. The instinct is to dodge twice to the side but due to the way the tracking works in this game this just causes you to jump straight into the tentacles. It sounds tricky but once you've done it once you'll be able to do it every time.

Case in point, here's me managing to get hit by just about every one of her attacks except the charge attack:

Spoiler

For ages I tried to dodge this move by unlocking then aimlessly running and jumping or double rolling - half the time it would work but I could never get it down reliably.

5 hours ago, JohnnyRyall said:

There is actually a reliable way to dodge the charge attack. When she starts charging, dodge first to the side, then dodge backwards - it helps if you're locked on to her body rather than her head. Basically, you want to dodge to the side as she's approaching you, then as she's rushing past you, dodge backwards and out of the way of the tentacles on her back. The instinct is to dodge twice to the side but due to the way the tracking works in this game this just causes you to jump straight into the tentacles. It sounds tricky but once you've done it once you'll be able to do it every time.

Case in point, here's me managing to get hit by just about every one of her attacks except the charge attack:

Reveal hidden contents

For ages I tried to dodge this move by unlocking then aimlessly running and jumping or double rolling - half the time it would work but I could never get it down reliably.

Wow that was impressive, you were so patient I would have been trying to run in and score hits so many times after her attacks, probably why she keeps killing me!

You can also cheese her by getting her stuck in the structure sharp right to the boss arena. YMMV with that one though.

She was the hardest boss fight for me in any game I've ever played. In NG+ I took particular delight in being overlevelled and finishing her in < 60 seconds.

Christ.

Spoiler

This game starts trolling you after you beat Rom. Currently in the Unseen Village. Massive packs of superpowered respawning enemies? Lulz, ok. Giant alien spider crabs that shoot freaking laser beams out of their heads? Lulz, ok. Fighting three twat fucking hunter fucks simultaneously? Lulz, ok.

And I was doing so well! Fuck sake.

(Did manage to take down giant electric wolf boss on my first go, however. Got another scout badge for my trouble. Whoopdee fucking do.)

:(

8 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Christ.

Hide contents

This game starts trolling you after you beat Rom. Currently in the Unseen Village. Massive packs of superpowered respawning enemies? Lulz, ok. Giant alien spider crabs that shoot freaking laser beams out of their heads? Lulz, ok. Fighting three twat fucking hunter fucks simultaneously? Lulz, ok.

And I was doing so well! Fuck sake.

(Did manage to take down giant electric wolf boss on my first go, however. Got another scout badge for my trouble. Whoopdee fucking do.)

:(

Lol, I had pretty much the same reaction last week/weekend. Now I'm past that bit it doesn't feel so bad.

Have you done the 3 yet?

Tips

It's pretty obvious but try getting them one on one if possible, and the one in the middle of the room, you can slowly come up behind him and backstab him with a charged attack to hurt him a lot, he may turn round whilst you're charging but I found he didn't move and I got a big hit in, once you've killed one they don't respawn.

1 hour ago, Minion said:

Wow that was impressive, you were so patient I would have been trying to run in and score hits so many times after her attacks, probably why she keeps killing me!

You'll get her! Just keep baiting her attacks and wait for her to do the head slam, then go for her. Attack her head enough and eventually you'll trigger an opening for a visceral attack. Bolt paper/gems also help a lot.

I failed at baiting her attacks like you did, I got crushed a couple of times, I did stun her somehow but not sure how and then the visceral didn't work, then the camera went haywire, I had no idea where in the room I was, I got frenzied, then crushed! lol

Fucking hell, I just whooped for joy massively, I have headphones on too so was probably well loud, she is dead, it was stupidly close. My neighbours must hate me for that. Video coming up, my god it was close....

Man I don't remember getting such adrenaline from a game since Wipeout 2097! I'm shaking, I need a cigarette.

Here it is, I'm not sure how I survived, I couldn't get the dodge down at all!

5 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Nice work. One blood vial left too!

Thanks, I clearly only survived due to massive vial consumption, I am not a ninja at this game like some others, if I was lower levelled for that fight I would have died several times. But man it felt good when I got her, she sure is tough.

So is NG+ harder or easier than NG?

2 hours ago, Minion said:

Lol, I had pretty much the same reaction last week/weekend. Now I'm past that bit it doesn't feel so bad.

Have you done the 3 yet?

Tips

Reveal hidden contents

It's pretty obvious but try getting them one on one if possible, and the one in the middle of the room, you can slowly come up behind him and backstab him with a charged attack to hurt him a lot, he may turn round whilst you're charging but I found he didn't move and I got a big hit in, once you've killed one they don't respawn.

Not yet.

Spoiler

I've only tried a few times. I manage to kite them back to the room with the lamp, but even once you get them 1:1 they're bloody slippery. The one with the lightning attacks can more or less one shot me, which doesn't help, and the flamethrower guy isn't the most amenable of chaps either. I'll try again tomorrow.

Separately (Eileen the Crow spoilers):

Spoiler

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but since Rom, Eileen the Crow is waiting for me in the Grand Cathedral and attacks me whenever I go near her. The last I saw her was outside and to the left of Oedon Chapel. She told me not to go to Old Yarnham and to leave the hunter there alone, but I'd already killed him (the twat on the roof with the machine gun) by that point before I spoke to her, so I don't know if that's pissed her off. I read a guide to say that you're supposed to help her with a fight back where you fough FG, but this never triggered for me. Have I mucked up her quest?

Also, since I brought back the man you find in Forbidden Woods back to Oedon Chapel, the moany old woman from Yharnam I collected and the friendly red-cloaked Oedon Chapel witch person have both mysteriously disappeared, leaving behind a pretty big blood stain and a couple of items. I don't know what the hell has happened to them, but I get the feeling they ain't coming back. The prostitute that I found is also doubled over in pain, so I'm not sure what's going on with her, either.

It's all a bit odd, really.

24 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Reveal hidden contents

I've only tried a few times. I manage to kite them back to the room with the lamp, but even once you get them 1:1 they're bloody slippery. The one with the lightning attacks can more or less one shot me, which doesn't help, and the flamethrower guy isn't the most amenable of chaps either. I'll try again tomorrow.

Separately (Eileen the Crow spoilers):

Hide contents

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but since Rom, Eileen the Crow is waiting for me in the Grand Cathedral and attacks me whenever I go near her. The last I saw her was outside and to the left of Oedon Chapel. She told me not to go to Old Yarnham and to leave the hunter there alone, but I'd already killed him (the twat on the roof with the machine gun) by that point before I spoke to her, so I don't know if that's pissed her off. I read a guide to say that you're supposed to help her with a fight back where you fough FG, but this never triggered for me. Have I mucked up her quest?

Also, since I brought back the man you find in Forbidden Woods back to Oedon Chapel, the moany old woman from Yharnam I collected and the friendly red-cloaked Oedon Chapel witch person have both mysteriously disappeared, leaving behind a pretty big blood stain and a couple of items. I don't know what the hell has happened to them, but I get the feeling they ain't coming back. The prostitute that I found is also doubled over in pain, so I'm not sure what's going on with her, either.

It's all a bit odd, really.

She isn't talking about the guy on the roof...

The guy on the roof of Old Yarnham is Djura, and Eileen speaks of Henryk, a hunter who has gone mad following your showdown with FG. I think you go to the FG boss arena again, where she and Henryk will be in the middle of a fight, and you have to help her out to progress her questline. If you ignore this bit - if you don't go back to the arena in time - she'll be hostile when you next encounter her in the cathedral (after defeating RtVS). Having gone through the game with a few characters I've inadvertently seen both sides of this part of the questline. D: