IGNORED

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

I'm frightened of spoilers so forgive me if it's been covered already.

This is on sale on Playstation Store at.

Game + DLC = £22.98

GOTY Edition = £24.99

Does the GOTY have anything extra to justify that £2.01 or is it smarter to buy the two separately?

On 17/01/2017 at 11:18, Uncle Nasty said:

Savour that, because the next boss is an utter twat.

Turned out to be another one where you shouldn't use lock-on. I was well thick when I met Willem and nearly beat him to death. Fortunately, I had to stop for the night at that point and figured it out when I came back fresh.

By the way, am I right in thinking that the Hypogean Gaol is the start of the expansion area?

5 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

Turned out to be another one where you shouldn't use lock-on. I was well thick when I met Willem and nearly beat him to death. Fortunately, I had to stop for the night at that point and figured it out when I came back fresh.

By the way, am I right in thinking that the Hypogean Gaol is the start of the expansion area?

The Gaol is part of the base game, to get to the expansion you have to pick up an item that appears in the Hunter's Dream after beating the boss of the Cathedral Ward, then approach the swirly whooshy thing (I'm trying to be vague!) outside Oeden Chapel. The DLC is fantastic by the way!

28 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

Nope - you get there organically later in the game, but certain events can get you there early. You can lamp-out though. (And possibly should as it's HARD)

I did lamp out before, as I felt pretty under-leveled. The return is pretty rock too though, so I might have another crack now that I've got some chunks to play with. There's also another way on to check out too - probably I am doing everything in the wrong order.

I seem to have the item to get into the DLC area, but I don't want to go there until the endgame. I assumed the Gaol was the Hunter's Nightmare, as there was a note that said you get whisked off to there from near the chapel.

1 hour ago, Mr Cochese said:

No it isn't.  This game probably has the most obscure entrance in all of the soulslikes DLCs, but I found the in-game clue made enough sense by the time I saw it! :)  

I couldn't go back. Fuck you and your things-randomly-becoming-unavailable-in-completely-unforseeable-ways game design, Fromsoft.

Nightmare Frontier was definitely worth a proper visit though. I seem to be slightly over-leveled for the boss now, even though I keep panicking near the end and getting trapped under him in a corner.

Also, I'm getting kind of sick of having to do the run to Oedon to fill up on vials. I'd got the impression early on that vials would be a common drop throughout the game, so having to go and farm them all the time is pretty vexing.

It's better to just buy vials.

Whenever you warp back to the hunter's dream to level up, just spend any surplus echoes on vials and you'll soon have a good supply. Excess vials go into your storage chest, and when you die or return to the hunter's dream they're automatically added to your inventory.

On 1/19/2017 at 11:12, Mr Cochese said:

I seem to have the item to get into the DLC area, but I don't want to go there until the endgame. I assumed the Gaol was the Hunter's Nightmare, as there was a note that said you get whisked off to there from near the chapel.

Its worth doing a few suicide runs to grab items from the DLC, one of the most entertaining and powerful weapons in the game is just waiting to be picked up. Will make vial farming that much more enjoyable.

39 minutes ago, Broker said:

Jumped back in today, decided to load my level 220 character. He was in the DLC areas which scares and confused me so I went and warmed up then picked up where I left off:

Sweet, that's my favourite fight in the game. I approach it a bit differently to you though, I try and wail on all of them before getting 1 of them to 25% health because then they transform and get harder. I love dancing around all 3, it's the very essence of Bloodborne.

Ah yes that's an ending. IMO the worse storywise, certainly in terms of "event"

Spoilers for what they are, how to get, what they mean

You let him kill you? But what's the deam and what's real? What's behind it all? Pfft?

2nd Ending

Refuse him and fight him. Kill him and he mentions the dream being over. A crimson moon rises and "something" grabs you. **cut to black** You end up in the wheelchair with the plain doll pushing you saying something like the dream begins again. Inference is the cycle continues with you filling G's place, enslaved to guide other hunters on the cycle.

Best ending.

Have you been eating your Umbillica chords? Eat all 3 (of...um...4). Refuse him and fight him. When thye red moon rises and something tries to grab you you're powerful enough to evade. Fight the MOON PRESENCE, win and get Nightmare Slain.

And then you become a slug. Maybe. Maybe you're a new great one...

Maybe.

It's a bit odd.