IGNORED

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

6 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

So what are we thinking? From remaster a la Dark Souls Remastered, or Bluepoint remaster a la Demon's Souls? I kinda want to see a Bluepoint version, From aren't exactly known for their technical prowess and Demon's looks INCREDIBLE. I'd love to see Bloodborne in that engine.

The rumour from way back when was about a proper BB sequel, alongside a remastered or boosted version of BB1 for PS5 by Bluepoint. IIRC

Who knows, it might all be wishful thinking.

39 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Who knows, it might all be wishful thinking.

I personally think all talk of a boosted PS5 version of Bloodborne is wishful thinking. I can see Bluepoint doing a remake a-la Demon's Souls midway through the PS5's life cycle ... but again, that's just wishful thinking on my part. 

12 hours ago, FishyFish said:

I might head over to Nightmare Frontier instead and see how that goes. I'm not feeling much inspiration to do so though.

I did type that earlier post in a bit of a strop, if I'm being honest, but From are taking the piss with the distance between the lamp and the boss in this case, which consists of:

1. Load at the lamp
  2. Run through the snow.
  3. Pull the lever and wait for the lift.
  4. Ride the lift.
  5. Run through the big room full of ghost women.
  6. Climb a ladder while being hit by knives.
  7. Run through a library,
  8. Climb a spiral staircase.
  9. Cross a roof.
  10. Drop down onto another roof.
  11. Climb round a turret.
  12. Drop down and run along a roof.
  13. Drop onto another turret.
  14. Drop down and run along another roof.
  15. Climb a ladder.
  16. Run up another roof.
  17. You have reached your destination.
  18. YOU DIED!
  19. GOTO 1

Top tip: when you get to the top of the lift, send it back down before you carry on. That will at least cut out step three from the run back. It's still a pisser of a run back though, I agree with you there.

31 minutes ago, dug said:

A 60fps patch for when you play it on a PS5 would do me, to be honest.

Completely agree. It looks fantastic still, the only thing holding it back in modern times is the framerate. A resolution bump would be nice too but imho not really needed.

On 07/04/2021 at 18:38, squirtle said:

Martyr Lolgarius!

17 hours ago, FishyFish said:

I've realised that, after getting further than the first time that I played (I'm at Forsaken Cainhurst Castle at present), that I can't really be bothered playing any more. The constant fighting is wearing me down as I'm not finding it enjoyable. Having to be on my guard all the time because even enemies that I can easily take out can still ruin me if I'm not paying attention. Apart from BSB, Rom and One Reborn, I've killed every boss first go this time through, and those three I did on the second attempt, but I'm taking no pleasure in beating them - they're just annoying barriers to my progress. Plus the boss of Cainhurst has a what feels like a five mile hike from the torch to reach him. He nailed me in about three hits and I turned the PS5 off because I simply couldn't be arsed to make my way back to him again.

I know complaining about the difficulty of From games is a well worn argument, but I just wish I could put it on easy-mode to see out the rest of the story. As it is I'm likely to pack it in because I'm now just finding it tedious, with everything taking me longer than I have patience for.

Martyr Logarius - make sure to shoot him in the face as often as possible. Then when he goes to do his mid fight change get round the back of him and charge attack him. Stops him doing it and the rest of the fight is the same and you don't have to deal with the second phase.

I love the Logarius fight.

17 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Got to the top of the tower with the minigun guy on. He charges at me, I sidestep, he falls off the roof to his death :lol:

Now his loot is hanging 7ft in the air and I can't get it.

I think, if you go back to a lantern and the Hunter's Dream and then back, his loot will be where he normally spawns on the tower. I had similar happen to me.

1 minute ago, squirtle said:

I think, if you go back to a lantern and the Hunter's Dream and then back, his loot will be where he normally spawns on the tower. I had similar happen to me.

Yeah a quick quit and reload fixed it - it was waiting by the gun! :D 

Okay so went and farmed 20 bullets and 20 health potions and went for another go at Blood Starved Beast. Beat him without getting hit so I needn't have bothered :lol: What a bloody cool fight, though. He was jumping around and swinging like crazy, I was dodging and rolling this way and that, proper frantic stuff but, like most creatures, he does not like a fist rammed forcibly up his backside repeatedly.

37 minutes ago, MansizeRooster said:

I think this is better than Elden Ring.

It's quite simply the best example of 

Hide contents

Lovecraftian horror

I've ever seen in a videogame. Others have tried, 99% have failed, this nails it.

Very much 100% this!!! 

The blood vials are the only misstep; Estus flasks are just such a neat mechanic. It was a pain in the ass having to farm all that grass in Demon’s Souls remake. 

On 05/04/2022 at 13:45, Doctor Shark said:

Things I don't like: having to grind for healing items and bullets.

If this is your first run you won't know that the price of consumables gets higher the more you progress through the game. So grinding a fucktonne early on is a very good idea, even if you think you don't need them.

I forget the thresholds that trigger the price bump because its been so long, but I'm pretty sure Amelia is one of them.

You may not need the health for healing, but having a full stack of vials to swap for bullets in combat is very useful.

50 minutes ago, Curtis said:

If this is your first run you won't know that the price of consumables gets higher the more you progress through the game. So grinding a fucktonne early on is a very good idea, even if you think you don't need them.

I forget the thresholds that trigger the price bump because its been so long, but I'm pretty sure Amelia is one of them.

You may not need the health for healing, but having a full stack of vials to swap for bullets in combat is very useful.

Yeah the blood bullet thing is a cool mechanic, have relied on that a lot. I’ve probably used way too many bullets as I’m trying to parry everything, at least first time through an area, to learn the timings. After that I just dash through hack n slash, rip n tear. 

Did you go Pistol or Shotgun?

This is clearly personal preference, but i find the range of the Pistol way more useful - you can shoot from a safer distance and still double-dash forward into critical strike before they get up...everytime. 

Sure, the Shotty has a more lenient/lazy input timing for the parry, but you've gotta be up close & personal for it to clip 'em.

Fuck! Now i wanna install Bloodborne. 🤣 Damn you!!

Yeah, but you know me - I've played this game to death! 😁

Not recently though. I might have to check my current builds. There's always a 'fresh start slot' for when i get like this. 

When you get to the late game or into the DLC and wanna coop for shits & giggles, I'd love an excuse to bring out probably my favourite build from any FromSoft game.

And its not an OP thing. Its just wondrous in ways you cannot possibly fathom. :eyebrows:

Didn’t get much time on this tonight. Went to Hemwick Charnel Lane and got all the way to the area I presumed would be the boss encounter, but had 40k blood echoes so noped out and headed off to try and find a closer lamp. Died to some scummy enemies ganging up on me. In my rush to get back, died to some dogs and lost those 40k blood echoes :lol:

Anyway, Witch of Hemwick down. Pretty shit fight mechanics wise, but I enjoyed the presentation and creepiness of it and the area at large. Definitely my favourite From game. 

oh, in other news I bumped into Eileen the Crow outside the Cathedral Ward lamp. She mentioned a Hunter named Henryk had gone made over where I fought Father Gasgoine so I headed over there. Unfortunately I got stuck on a tree with the camera giving me an endoscopy, so I died to him. As I’m running back there I randomly get awarded 3k echoes - turns out Eileen had turned up, gotten herself killed and Henryk was left on about 10% health. Whilst I managed to one shot him as a result, I was disappointed to learn Eileen’s quest was completely fubar until ng+ as a result! 

12 hours ago, squirtle said:

The fight at the end of Eileen's quest in NG+... I do not envy you...

2 hours ago, Minion said:

Hardest fight in the game

Not really, this foe can be easily disposed with

Spoiler

the axe, two handed, charged R2. That double spin is powerful.

Forbidden Forest and Shadows of Yarnham down. Killed the boss first try, though the giant snakes nearly got me! Loved that area, all the weird snake cult shit. 

Level 75

30 vitality

30 endurance 

11 strength

40 skill

7 bloodtinge

7 arcane

+6 saw spear