IGNORED

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

12 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

I’m going to do the DLC over the weekend and then finish up the game from there. 

You’re in for a treat. My only reservation is you’re maybe over levelled for it. Probably the single greatest pleasure I had in any From game was fighting Ludwig for the first time under levelled in NG+ and getting absolutely pummelled repeatedly by him. By the time I beat him I knew every move of his inside out and could dance around him without a scratch (mostly). Such an amazing fight but much less so if you can just steamroller him. 

37 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

You’re in for a treat. My only reservation is you’re maybe over levelled for it. Probably the single greatest pleasure I had in any From game was fighting Ludwig for the first time under levelled in NG+ and getting absolutely pummelled repeatedly by him. By the time I beat him I knew every move of his inside out and could dance around him without a scratch (mostly). Such an amazing fight but much less so if you can just steamroller him. 

I wouldn’t say any boss I’ve steamrolled except Micolash and rom, the others have all smacked me about a bit but I’ve managed to kill them first or second go. I wouldn’t say killing first go = steamroll. 

27 minutes ago, Minion said:

I was stuck on one of the DLC bosses for two weeks, I wouldn't want that experience watered down by being too op. Go NG+!

If that's the twat beginning with K, it's the only From boss I've never beaten. I hate the idea that he's still down there, alive, after I spent so many hours trying to kill him. Couldn't even get a summon for him.

God what a wonderful game this was. Beginning to end just a wild, magnificent ride.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

If that's the twat beginning with K, it's the only From boss I've never beaten. I hate the idea that he's still down there, alive, after I spent so many hours trying to kill him. Couldn't even get a summon for him.

God what a wonderful game this was. Beginning to end just a wild, magnificent ride.

No it was

Spoiler

LTFV

I'd love to hep you kill him one day, he needs to be put down!

4 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

I wouldn’t say killing first go = steamroll. 

I think in the context of Ludwig I’d definitely consider it steamrollering. You should die several times at least to him, just to savour all of his delightful move set. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Who the hell is K? 

Spoiler

Orphan of Kos?

2 hours ago, Minion said:

No it was

Reveal hidden contents

LTFV

I'd love to hep you kill him one day, he needs to be put down!

When it gets a remaster, yes please!

@squirtle - yes, OoK.

Did anyone try the weapon from Bloodborne that found its way into Elden Ring?

For me, OoK is easily the hardest boss in The Old Hunters (yes, harder than LtFV) - I think after I beat him I spent a while doing rematches by ringing my bell just to try and learn what works. :D The thing that I had trouble with was making my blood vials last long enough, and eventually I ended up building my blood gems and caryll rune getup around rally (where you get health back if you attack after getting hit.) So, things like the Guidance rune, the Lethal Damp gem, etc. I also used a weapon with relatively fast swings - the Whirligig before its transformation, for instance. Then I just stayed in and got super-aggressive so that I got back whatever health I could and was able to stall my next vial use a bit more. Risky, daft, but it does help you outlast him.

The reason I struggled with LtfV was because of the air and how hard he hits and how patient you need to be for the openings, it was my first soulsborne game and actually he’s a bit more like a souls boss so perhaps that’s why, I can kill him fairly easily these days. OoK meanwhile whilst very hard I was consistently getting him to the second stage and my tactic of staying in his face being aggressive just worked better, and yeah using the rally runes and getting back vials for viscerals helped. 

Realised I’d forgotten to do Cainhurst, which was a really cool area but too short. Took out Martyr Logarius on my second go, the first try failing because I got caught on a pillar or something and the camera freaked out. 

Then decided to do the chalice dungeons for a bit. 

Did the first couple easy peasy. Got to the third chalice dungeon and an undead giant boss with chains and a blade hand and died probably 8 times to him, doing very little damage and almost killing him two or three times. Was getting frustrated so went back to the hunter’s dream to see if could rearrange my gems and that’s when I realised…

my weapon had been broken the whole time :lol:

Anyway, fixed the weapon and went back in and smashed him easily. 

Went down to level three, unlocked the boss room and who should it be, but Rom again. Only this time there are more spiders and the room is tiny. 

So I've just realised I've never done the DLC! This is incredible news.

I mean, I've probably 50 hrs of Elden Ring, and restarting Sekiro ahead of me, but it;'s good to know it's still there in my future. Delicious.

Got bored of chalice dungeons (especially when I realised I’d have to grind a load of shit to get to Queen Yharnam for the platinum) so went back to explore more of the DLC. 

Eventually made my way to Ludwig and what a fun fight that was. He is one fucked up creature :lol: Still, despite him stomping about and then pulling out the moonlight greatsword, he went down first time. 

Then I headed into some kind of study place with weird bloaty headed folk and it was properly messed up. Eventually I got up into the rafters and fell off attacking a crow, falling hundreds of feet to my death. YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY! 

Loving the dlc, though. 

9 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Got bored of chalice dungeons

This was my experience too with those dungeons. Beforehand I thought that an infinite number of rooms with enemies with dat Souls combat would be endless fun, but no turns out the environment and exploration is key to the experience for me. Just the combat and nothing else got really old really quick. One's mileage may vary of course.

10 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

This was my experience too with those dungeons. Beforehand I thought that an infinite number of rooms with enemies with dat Souls combat would be endless fun, but no turns out the environment and exploration is key to the experience for me. Just the combat and nothing else got really old really quick. One's mileage may vary of course.

I don’t mind them and they’re very cool the first couple of times, but you have to do so, so many to get to the secret boss which you need for the platinum and, frankly, I can’t be arsed. 

Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower. What an amazing fight. Super fun. Even at my “op” level she gave me a run for my money. Got her second go but probably my favourite fight in the game so far. This attempt was the first time I was seeing 90% of her moves, so I was having to try and react on the fly and it made the last little bit super, super tense as her reach and the fire aftershock kept catching me out! 

Went to try Orphan of Kos and Laurence, the first Vicar. Almost got Laurence first go, but then died repeatedly about six times. Orphan of Kos I tried once (hadn’t realised that’s where I was going when I walked in) and I think I hit him twice as he was screaming and jumping around like a fucking mental swinging his placenta at me. Christ, he’s an aggressive baby, isn’t he?!? :lol:

I couldn’t be arsed for the platinum. I would have had to:

- do all the story chalice dungeons to get to Queen yharnam (I’d done 3/5 of them but didn’t have enough materials to create the defiled one and can’t be bothered grinding for them)

- save scum the endings 

So I just went ahead and finished instead. Got the secret ending. 

I’ll post some proper thoughts tomorrow because it’s 1.30am, I’ve just done Laurence, Kos, Gherman and Moon Presence back to back and I’m knackered, but suffice to say it’s my favourite FromSoft game and probably one of my favourite games of all time. Why it took me until now to finish the game I don’t know, but even all these years later, I’m glad I did. 

9 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

- do all the story chalice dungeons to get to Queen yharnam (I’d done 3/5 of them but didn’t have enough materials to create the defiled one and can’t be bothered grinding for them)

You only have to do ailing loran if I remember rightly to get the materials you need for the next one.

• 4 weeks later...