Jump to content
IGNORED

Bloodborne - GOTD edition


MW_Jimmy
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 5 weeks later...

Hey folks, I just started this a couple of days ago and am currently addicted.

 

I'm about level 25 and having trouble with Vicar Amelia.

 

I've summoned Henriette a couple times but she doesn't help that much and my attacks and Molotovs barely damage her at all.

 

Is there a group thing I can post to asking for co op help like the clubs thing on Xbox?

 

I've been trying to make myself available all over the areas I've uncovered for co op but never get summoned so I'm about to run out of insights and have no idea how to get more if nobody summons me. 

 

I've killed the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne solo first try. Recently killed the Witch(es) of Henwick and am currently in buildings below the guy in a tower using a machine gun before I stopped for the night.

 

Utterly gripping game and a damn shame about the frame rate but hey ho.

 

TL;DR = Can anyone point me in the direction of help or am I doing ok?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Hey folks, I just started this a couple of days ago and am currently addicted.

 

I'm about level 25 and having trouble with Vicar Amelia.

 

I've summoned Henriette a couple times but she doesn't help that much and my attacks and Molotovs barely damage her at all.

 

Is there a group thing I can post to asking for co op help like the clubs thing on Xbox?

 

I've been trying to make myself available all over the areas I've uncovered for co op but never get summoned so I'm about to run out of insights and have no idea how to get more if nobody summons me. 

 

I've killed the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne solo first try. Recently killed the Witch(es) of Henwick and am currently in buildings below the guy in a tower using a machine gun before I stopped for the night.

 

Utterly gripping game and a damn shame about the frame rate but hey ho.

 

TL;DR = Can anyone point me in the direction of help or am I doing ok?

 

 


Use a beast blood pellet and a fire paper on your weapon (especially on the saw cleaver or saw spear). The just charge her and beat the shit out of her back legs. If she runs away, stay on her and don’t let up. I managed to kill her first attempt like this and didn’t even take a single hit.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FishyFish said:


Use a beast blood pellet and a fire paper on your weapon (especially on the saw cleaver or saw spear). The just charge her and beat the shit out of her back legs. If she runs away, stay on her and don’t let up. I managed to kill her first attempt like this and didn’t even take a single hit.

 

 

 

 

Thanks for that FishyFish, I'll give that a try later.

 

Also, after googling a bit, it seems insight can be reasonably easily farmed in the 1st Chalice Dungeon you get after beating BSB (Whose Boss Door I saved it at last night apparently!). 

 

Knowing that puts my mind at ease for future jolly co op with my mate (who I've got all achievements with in the original and remastered DS, DS2 and SotFS, DS3 and ER over the last decade or so 🙂) without stressing about running out of insight. 

 

Good challenging/rewarding times could, indeed, be ahead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

That worked a charm ages ago FishyFish.

 

Well, it turns out this was indeed a great gaming experience and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with it.

 

My favourite part (as in all Soukslikes) has been the exploration of new areas, fearing every corner, and doing most bosses solo.

 

I've also been helping a couple of mates with certain areas and bosses. 

 

I actually bought the DLC at half price and thought that was great too, however, the boss fights with Laurence aflame and Kos the mad hopper are really testing my patience. 

 

I'm only posting here to see if there's any kind soul out there willing to help me with those bosses in particular as I'm on my way to a Platinum (I've got the secret ending, the decline ending and went down deep to kill the poor Queen).

 

Failing that, maybe the old trick of moaning on here about bosses will magically inspire me to do better next time I try 😋

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Gavin said:

That worked a charm ages ago FishyFish.

 

Well, it turns out this was indeed a great gaming experience and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with it.

 

My favourite part (as in all Soukslikes) has been the exploration of new areas, fearing every corner, and doing most bosses solo.

 

I've also been helping a couple of mates with certain areas and bosses. 

 

I actually bought the DLC at half price and thought that was great too, however, the boss fights with Laurence aflame and Kos the mad hopper are really testing my patience. 

 

I'm only posting here to see if there's any kind soul out there willing to help me with those bosses in particular as I'm on my way to a Platinum (I've got the secret ending, the decline ending and went down deep to kill the poor Queen).

 

Failing that, maybe the old trick of moaning on here about bosses will magically inspire me to do better next time I try 😋

 

 

 

If you just want Kos dead, you could do this:

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

It takes some timing, but it works. Depends how often you've bashed yourself against him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Gavin said:

I actually bought the DLC at half price and thought that was great too, however, the boss fights with Laurence aflame and Kos the mad hopper are really testing my patience. 

 

Something that helped me a lot in both of those encounters was rally - where you regain life if you quickly attack afterwards. If you stack as many blood gems and caryll runes that specifically improve rally, you can keep the pressure on and recover a lot of health for free. In the long-term, this effectively makes your blood vials go further - giving you more heals once the second phase rolls around. It's a risky approach but if you're always getting near the end of a battle and don't have enough vials to survive, it's worth a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The rllmuk moaning trick strikes again as I beat both those feckers a few hours after my other post 😀

 

I was determined to do Laurence first and I definitely found him hardest after Valtr inevitably snuffs it, here's the last intense few hits...

 

https://youtu.be/QIu7-2ZyUdQ

 

Kos was a lot more enjoyable once I learned his ENTIRE moveset and was more confident about going for visceral and rally chances...

 

https://youtu.be/rWbbw-fB_c8

 

I then hunted down a Piercing Rifle and Church Pick I had missed for the trophy and DLC is now done, picked clean as far as I can tell.

 

SO DAMN SATISFYING, no other games come close to this feeling 😊

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Qazimod said:

 

Something that helped me a lot in both of those encounters was rally - where you regain life if you quickly attack afterwards. If you stack as many blood gems and caryll runes that specifically improve rally, you can keep the pressure on and recover a lot of health for free. In the long-term, this effectively makes your blood vials go further - giving you more heals once the second phase rolls around. It's a risky approach but if you're always getting near the end of a battle and don't have enough vials to survive, it's worth a try.

 

15 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

 

If you just want Kos dead, you could do this:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

It takes some timing, but it works. Depends how often you've bashed yourself against him.

 

@Qazimod yea that's great advice, especially for the Kos fight as it's all a bit scrappy and toe to toe, less so for Laurence I found as he could wipe me out far too quickly.

 

@Kayin Amoh man if I'd seen that method the day before I definitely would've used it but kinda glad I got through it my own way.

 

Thanks rllmuk, love this place 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.