rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

I'm not happy with the game right now though, those who are where I am will understand what I mean...

In a non-spoilery way is this because you just got given your arse, or because something's unfair or cheap?

Thanks, I will leave it for later. Yes that's where I am. I sprinted through all the enemies over and over until I got back to the gaol. OK...? Maybe there's another route.

I did find a co-op partner after 30 mins, but it immediately (and I mean immediately) said "your beckoner has died" then told me whose world I was in and then warped me out. Fucking great.

For where you are:

If you can make it back to where you remember the "old" Unseen Village section was, as you leave the chpel where the original lamp was which has now gone out and has 3 hunters in it, your aim is to head right as you face out from the chapel, down to where originally there was some big doors which were closed.

It's somewhat unfair. No spoilers of place names or anything, but here's what happened:

I was attacking a large, slow moving enemy, when it went all electrical with red sparks, it then became more aggressive and pretty much one-hit killed me from an almost full health bar. 13k echoes stuck on the ground.

But that's not the unfair bit, the unfair bit was the game then having my character wake up in a completely different place. I tried to get out, but ended up going a way that had me facing off with a boss that I was not anywhere near ready for. 13k echoes gone. :(

The game moved the goalposts a bit there if you ask me.

I'm exploring other areas now.

Did it look like a certain iconic Harry Potter enemy by any chance? :D

Get them down while they're changing.

That's Father Gascoigne dealt with - Luckily didn't take me anywhere near as many attempts like it did with the Cleric Beast

I've come to realize that nothing comes close to finally beating a boss in a From Software game. Fucking amazing :wub:

The good vicar went down finally after an embarrassing two hours - obvious what I needed to do, but unable to execute:

again discovered that you can trigger a visceral attack on her. Not 100% sure on conditions, but it triggered when I hit her smack in the face with a Molotov. Run up R1, pull her eyeball out in horrific fashion

Paarl down, NG+, first try :) Not the most difficult boss, but easily my favorite one in terms of aesthetics. Would love a big figurine of him.

Have to say, I'm glad I took spainkiller's advice (something along the lines of "your mom") and stuck with Kirkhammer. It is indeed fucking awesome.

:D

#oppanyharnamstyle

0sTdndD.jpg

That's a giant monster trying to grab you. No joke. You'll see it with 40 insight or more.

So, I thought I was being clever while exploring here.. (literally no spoilers, just a 20 second clip of me getting disappointed)

Just me, or is this RUBBISH?:

Bad form, Fromsoft.

Also, LeChuck, I figured out the trick to those guys tonight. I felt so stupid, spent ages fighting two red ones at once last night.. but happy that I can now one shot them..

Don't hit them with anything but your gun. Force the riposte / visceral attack.. They take massive damage that way and die before powering up..

And yeah, getting chucked in jail is a bit annoying if you lost some cash.. But the nostalgia for Seath meant I was just grinning instead :D

• Upvote 1

Gah, I knew I should've bought it from a shop.

I've got no patience for hardcore challenges anymore, and I never learn to STOP BUYING GAMES LIKE THIS.

Fucking Vicar Amelia. Jesus. Every time I fight her I get her down to 5% health and die. Bit this is not just to moan.

Something is definitely up. Just had my fifteenth go at her (yes, I know). Having to farm a few souls to buy supplies for my next go. Suddenly all the enemies in the area are needing more hits than normal and seem to be hitting me harder. Clearly gone from 2 R2's fairly comfortably doing for the big mask dudes to needing another hit.

Ok, I'm being a bellend.

Weapon durability had dropped below some unspecified amount

Ah, I think I've just realised why I sometimes have blood vials replenish when I die. It turns out that if you keep picking up blood vials once you're holding 20 they'll go into your storage. And if you die it will bring those vials in storage back into your current inventory when you respawn.

You guys probably already knew that, but I just figured it out (after 20-odd hours)

This game is fucking brilliant by the way.

It's really opened up for me now, met some

Alfred bloke

and been going further and further in to Old Yarnham until I came up against some

gatling gun thing

so think I'll be going another way for the moment. My combat is definitely improving but still so so easy to mess it all up. I really want to do some co-op but still only have nine insight even after redeeming the skulls, how do I get more?

Anyway, here''s my dude after a rough night (cant really see his red eyes and scar annoyingly):

post-1500-0-20072500-1427752014_thumb.jp

And of course praising the sun...

post-1500-0-06573400-1427752019_thumb.jp

My messengers now have top-hats!!

16956875346_52a0dc257a_c.jpg

'I say, old bean!'

That was a pre-order thing from Amazon over here, mine never turned up in the end. Looks great. :)

• Upvote 4

Sorry Broker, just couldn't get connected after that first attempt. The coop really needs some work, why they can't have a proper invite system for coop is beyond me

On a plus note I managed to kill Rom early on, but then got my ass handed to me in the next area.

I am tempted to buy the physical copy of this as well as my US digital version. Not long now till the guide

Have also unlocked another secret area

The Choir

but don't seem to have found a lamp for it, never mind its very easy to get back to

The lush Future Press guide (the one EpicNameBro worked on) has been delayed to include the changes of a big patch that's on its way. Really cool decision of them, especially as it's probably going to cost them sales.

The guide's coming with a dynamic theme:

I really want that theme, but I don't want to buy more tat, even lovely tat like that guide :(

Just me, or is this RUBBISH?

LOL, I did that as well the first time around. Bit rubbish, yeah.

Ah, I think I've just realised why I sometimes have blood vials replenish when I die. It turns out that if you keep picking up blood vials once you're holding 20 they'll go into your storage. And if you die it will bring those vials in storage back into your current inventory when you respawn.

You guys probably already knew that, but I just figured it out (after 20-odd hours)

Didn't figure that out until I reached the last 30% of the game, so don't feel bad about it.

Just spent the past couple of hours in organised co-op, both story mode and Chalice Dungeons. Works perfectly once you get that initial connection.

Here's the short & easy guide for success:

• Set network Worldwide.
  • Set a password.
  • Helper warps from hub to area IN ADVANCE. Rings small bell.
  • Host warps from hub to area. Rings big bell.
  • Wait...

The initial connection may take as long as 2 mins, but every summon after that was 20 seconds tops.

IMPORTANT: Both players must warp from Hunter's Dream to the location you wanna play. They also must return there after you've completed an area/boss. This is imperative as it 'clears the system'.

Side note: You can join NG+ from NG (and vice-versa), the only restrictions are the +/-10 (+10%) levels.

• Upvote 1

Well this total Souls noob just sent the Cleric Monster down to a little place called Chinatown.

Such an amazing boss fight and it's only the first one. The utter euphoria of the lantern popping up was a joy to behold.

I guess it's Gascgoine next. I'm scared.

• Upvote 2

Made pretty good progress tonight. Worked my way around a big chunk of Old Yarnham and unlocked two useful shortcuts, one of which practically made me want to applaud the level designer. Have tried to beat what I guess is the third boss but seems to be optional (he doesn't even have a name) and have struggled. Then I got all the way outside what I assume is a boss going by the messages but chickened out.

So far I've exclusively used the cane/whip which is now +3 but I'm considering trying a different melee weapon. The cane/whip is fast and has good reach, and the whip is good for crowd control, but it's slightly weak even with two decent gems in it. Might mix things up a bit.

All the crying noises around Yarnham keep freaking me the fuck out. Brrrrr.

• Upvote 1

This fucking game. I got up to Father Gascoigne, and

thought I'd managed to cheese it on my first go by keeping a gravestone between me and him, and just spamming charge attacks. I was all ready to debase myself in front of Miyazaki in shame at my dishonourable fighting style, at which point Papa Gaz entered his final form, dived through the graves, and smashed me to pieces. Amazing stuff, it's like the game is punishing me for my cowardly styles.

And then I smashed the cleric beast to pieces like an angry medieval king. This is the best game.

• Upvote 5

Rom is deeid, but that was a joyless fight. First boss that didnt really come off for me.

• Upvote 1

Hemwick questions

I just killed the witch, but that whole area seems a little weird. I found no information about it, and haven't heard about it from any other characters, haven't seen any mention of it in item descriptions. It's just some weird extra area that exists just because. Is that right? Have I missed some kind of explanation about it? I want to know something about all the little village and the boss I killed.

So bloody close to taking down BSB on my first go <_< :

KlkeuSw.jpg

Remember, if you're having trouble with BSB, check your equipment and see if you can boost your slow poison res. You may loose some defence but I found it helped to lower the speed of the poison gain.

Ahh, so the guide wasn't delayed because of the day one patch, but because of the next patch? That's gotta be some patch! (Bite your head off).

The lush Future Press guide (the one EpicNameBro worked on) has been delayed to include the changes of a big patch that's on its way. Really cool decision of them, especially as it's probably going to cost them sales.

The guide's coming with a dynamic theme:

I really want that theme, but I don't want to buy more tat, even lovely tat like that guide :(

LOL, I did that as well the first time around. Bit rubbish, yeah.

Didn't figure that out until I reached the last 30% of the game, so don't feel bad about it.

The guide is due April 10th unless it has been put back again

Halp!

Went down the hole in the workshop tower and almost immediately got put in jail. I've lit the lamp there in that weird massive place with the pigs and hags. So should I go to the village at the bottom of the pit again or explore this area?