rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

Question re: chalice dungeons: if someone gives me the code/seed for a dungeon they've created, I take it I still need the items to conduct the ritual, right?

Not 100% sure as I made my own and probably had the items handy for the one seed I did try out. You DO need the chalice associated with the dungeon at the very least.

Just a quick question re Cathedral Ward.

After you leave the lamp and go up the stairs where the massive creature is, if you go left there is an open gate which you can close using the lever on the other side. Does anyone know if this serves a purpose?

Just a quick question re Cathedral Ward.

After you leave the lamp and go up the stairs where the massive creature is, if you go left there is an open gate which you can close using the lever on the other side. Does anyone know if this serves a purpose?

I think it just lets you trap the big guy so he doesn't cause you a problem if you carry on down the stairs. I actually managed to get him trapped in the gate because I timed it so it fell on him. I'm pretty sure this was a glitch though!

• Upvote 1

Anyone else find the enemy in the Cathedral Ward apparently known as

Death Dealer?

It's a standard enemy but a bugger to fight as they chase you down like mad so you can't really trigger them and back off. What's more, there's an interesting consequence to dying at the hands of one... I think the first time around I just panicked and tried to use Regain to chase my depleting health, which just got me killed more quickly :lol: although the one I saw seemed like it was positioned perfectly for a backstab (y'know, that one move I've hardly bothered practising because I like going for gun parries more...)

Fought the two Hunters in Cathedral Ward to the right and down from VA's church. But whereabouts is DD?

I think it just lets you trap the big guy so he doesn't cause you a problem if you carry on down the stairs. I actually managed to get him trapped in the gate because I timed it so it fell on him. I'm pretty sure this was a glitch though!

You can cheese him through the gate, he part leans/clips through it. But he can still hit you with a mighty swing, so back off quickly.

Death Dealer?

It's a standard enemy but a bugger to fight as they chase you down like mad so you can't really trigger them and back off. What's more, there's an interesting consequence to dying at the hands of one... I think the first time around I just panicked and tried to use Regain to chase my depleting health, which just got me killed more quickly :lol: although the one I saw seemed like it was positioned perfectly for a backstab (y'know, that one move I've hardly bothered practising because I like going for gun parries more...)

As I think I said on Sunday, they can fuck right off and what they do when they kill you can also fuck right off!

Edit, directed at Jon:

Ah, I know which ones you mean. After a certain amount of time (boss kills) have passed head out the door straight ahead from the cathedral ward warp point and turn to the right and immediately right again. He's in the corner just behind the coach.

I told one of my buds to check him out, but he wasn't there until later on so... well, try again later if he isn't.

Death Dealer?

They're bastards. When you enrage them they chase you and can run like Linford. I was doing laps of the back alleys in Cathedral Ward for ages last night, trying to shake one. I finally beat him only to get ambushed by another later on. They hit like Tyson too and when they kill you, they

bag you up and you are then dumped in a very eerie prison that you have to fight your way out of.

One of the creepiest enemies ever to grace a game I think.

The witch(es) are a boss encounter at the end of the forest/village to the left hand side of the main cathedral. (Right side if exiting, left if heading in). You get something important for doing so, and the area isn't too difficult.

Sorry. I appear to have lost the ability to do spoilers

I'm surprised no-one is talking about the similarities to Resident Evil 4 in this game. Some parts/enemies are uncanny and much more than the opening bonfire bit. Being reminded by/copying my favourite game ever is never going to go down badly, though.

• Upvote 1

It's the bit beyond the big gate that costs 10,000 quid to get past (or not, if you're sneaky).

And probably because we don't want to spoil it for most. :)

Not quoting on my phone, it's an arse.

I'm sat at the back of a Microsoft training course pretending to do work, but have actually just spent the past 2 days reading back through this thread.

Loving reading everyones reaction to a game that's apparently actually living up to its incredible hype, but I need to stop torturing myself.

I won't get to open my copy until the bank holiday and my hype level is so high, it's giving me a headache.

A general tip for newcomers: walk. It allows you to sneak up behind enemies and generally makes you less noticeable, so it's really useful when exploring fresh territory.

I've also found backstabbing — hit enemy from behind with a charged R2, then R1 — to be very handy despite being much harder to pull off than past games. Some boss attacks have pretty lengthy recovery times, so you actually have enough of a window to take a good chunk off their health bar; I found this very effective for BSB.

• Upvote 2

It's the bit beyond the big gate that costs 10,000 quid to get past (or not, if you're sneaky).

And probably because we don't want to spoil it for most. :)

Not quoting on my phone, it's an arse.

Sorry.

So the first left off the plaza as you go through the ten grand gate, yes? Into the FF?

The reason I ask is I tried the one right before the cathedral with the snipers and just got fucked. Again and again. Seems way too high level for me at this stage

Forbidden Woods.

Went through and found a shortcut. Takes about ten minutes off. From that shortcut I spent an hour going through the whole area, found the boss, and die. I didn't find another shortcut. I can't go through all that again. 30,000 echoes waiting there, though.

Someone tell me there's another shortcut...

• Upvote 1

Forbidden Woods.

Went through and found a shortcut. Takes about ten minutes off. From that shortcut I spend an hour going through the whole area, find the boss, and die. I didn't find another shortcut. I can't go through all that again... 30,000 echoes waiting there, though.

It's the most shortcut rich area in the game (so far) so I'd suggest searching for another before refacing the boss. Alternatively run into the boss area, collect your echoes then instantly use a hunter's mark.

Hmmm, okay. I'll have another look for shortcuts. I thought I'd explored quite thoroughly until the last quarter of it when I started to constantly shit myself.

I smashed an NPC early on in the game thinking he was an event and now he tries to kill me every time. Can I make peace with him or is that it?

I smashed an NPC early on in the game thinking he was an event and now he tries to kill me every time. Can I make peace with him or is that it?

How are you finding it Simmy?

I recall earlier in the thread that we were both 'Souls' noobs, and we werent sure whether we were going to like it or not.

I love it - not long beaten Gascoigne, and its such a great game. Its punishing, i admit, but its not putting me off playing.

Whats your verdict?

That's it, I'm afraid. Though in the old games there were methods of fixing those scenarios, I haven't seen that in this game so far (I'm way behind everyone else though).

I was tempted to go back and get that (same - plague mask hunter?) NPC myself, hopefully it'll net me some armour. Fuck the consequences. I need to find out if that set is any good!

That's it, I'm afraid. Though in the old games there were methods of fixing those scenarios, I haven't seen that in this game so far (I'm way behind everyone else though).

I was tempted to go back and get that (same - plague mask hunter?) NPC myself, hopefully it'll net me some armour. Fuck the consequences. I need to find out if that set is any good!

I ended up with her armour available to me but not because I killed her.

I went back through the area where Gazza was and was attacked by a Hunter. Not sure if he was a named NPC or not, it all happened too quick to tell. Then Plague mask woman suddenly turned up and started fighting the other hunter for me. It was a close fight but she died to the other hunter. I ended up killing him myself after she'd done most of the work. Not sure what any of it meant.

What's all this talk about a secret door after BSB & some sort of workshop?

I'm trying not to read spoilers or wiki but I don't remember getting a message or hint after BSB regarding something opening up?

Do you have to kill Her? She didn't do anything when I talked to her.

I don't know! One way to find out..

And Pfft did you not talk to her a few times? She gave me some bold Hunters marks.

Oh, maybe she did. I went back to her last night and she just kept saying the same thing, so I've definitely exhausted her dialogue at the minute.

What's all this talk about a secret door after BSB & some sort of workshop?

I'm trying not to read spoilers or wiki but I don't remember getting a message or hint after BSB regarding something opening up?

Ha..

It's not really a secret, to me it seemed like the next thing to do!

After beating BSB, back to Hunter's Dream I went. The wheelchair man told me to go back to the Oedon. So I did. Looking around, I spotted a door that was previously locked was now open..

Don't you have Ludwig's sword? You get the badge for it through that route..

Re: Eileen. (cc. Sie)

If you kill the other hunter at the place where you fought Gasgo she'll thank you, then turn up later outside the cathedral. Do another questy thing for her right inside and she'll give out some pretty decent rewards