rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

Just something I've read as 'confirmed as working' for coop, if the helper dies, the host doesn't need to use a silencing blank and then beckon again. People were saying it can take a couple of minutes, but just ringing the resonant bell will get you back in again. The summoning seems to be proximity based as well, which is mad, but maybe that was a factor if you weren't having luck after dying?

I'd always silence after mates join though, apparently it makes the framerate much better.

Sorry, I meant to add to that list, be in the same place.

The whole warping from Hunters Dream thing I quoted certainly isn't necessary.

It never worked a second time without using silencing blank, despite being in the same place. The key really seems to be that they have to be offering assistance before you request it.

At any rate, it's a shit system that I hope gets patched. Personally I'd keep the bells for the main world but have proper coop (ie friends list, invite to game) for dungeons. It's sooo much fun with your mates, but a ballache to get going.

"Beat" BSB on 6th attempt, but took even then a co-op random to pretty much do it for me. Too many last form instakills for my liking. Just hate/am shit at bosses. Would honestly have moved on if not for the beckoning bell. As it is, onwards and upwards.

I would hold off on that idea. :blah: The Arcane added parameters only come into effect when you change the weapons properties from Physical to Fire/Bolt/Arcane, using a rare Gem.

For now concentrate on upping STR and SKL, both of which have B parameters. You'll get some serious damage output, and you can still lace it for that extra oomph!

Definitely do this.

Strength and Skill you say, my strength is at 33, will I see any better stat increases if I level up skill to match it

"Beat" BSB on 6th attempt, but took even then a co-op random to pretty much do it for me. Too many last form instakills for my liking. Just hate/am shit at bosses. Would honestly have moved on if not for the beckoning bell. As it is, onwards and upwards.

Dude, that's (almost) the easiest boss so far, imo (I've only done 3..)!! Have a watch of that Epic Name Bro vid where he speedruns to the BSB for some pointers. They may help further down the line.

Strength and Skill you say, my strength is at 33, will I see any better stat increases if I level up skill to match it

Generally that's how it works, once your stats get really high the returns per point on damage get less.

You can see it yourself the next time you level, put a point into STR and see how much your weapon damage increases, then do the same with SKL - I'd imagine you'll get a better boost of skill if it's significantly lower than your strength.

Putting points into stats is generally a poor way of increasing damage unless you have high grade scaling though..

So a mate and I are hoping to get some coop on the go tonight, fingers crossed! If anyone is around level 30ish (I'm 32 and he's 33 I think) then hit me up and we'll try get a party going.

Party/voice chat works while playing, right?

Wow, that took an impressively short amount of time. Bravo.

Well done :)

Thank ye's kindly! I might be able to get some sleep now, been at it fairly solidly since release. Wound up using the axe for most of my playtime, that thing's awesomely brutal even if the core damage isn't as high as some of the other options.

I'm half tempted to not do voice chat tho, I like the silence. Communication through gestures and stuff is hilarious. My mate is also a bit of a troll so will likely do shit like sit down during a boss fight.

Thank ye's kindly! I might be able to get some sleep now, been at it fairly solidly since release. Wound up using the axe for most of my playtime, that thing's awesomely brutal even if the core damage isn't as high as some of the other options.

I keep returning to the axe; that dodge, stab, overhead smash combo (o, r1, r1) is endlessly satisfying.

Also, I feel it's worth mentioning again that you shouldn't do co-op in (area about 15 hours in)

Forbidden Woods

. There are articles online saying it can cause a key/item needed to finish the game to despawn.

Man...

... Martyr Logarius is a CUNT on NG+. Can't bait him to do his melee attacks consistently. Aaargh. My main weapon's durability is pretty non-existent, as well.

Is there a way out of the castle? :/ Haven't found a lantern yet. I need to get back to Dream ASAP, to repair my weapon!

I beat GG guy in Old Yarnham by accident because

he fell off his tower! He dropped a badge I think but no armour or anything.

Is that a bug?

The falling off isn't really a bug, as a lot of us have cheesed him off the tower with gunshots.

Man...

... Martyr Logarius is a CUNT on NG+. Can't bait him to do his melee attacks consistently. Aaargh. My main weapon's durability is pretty non-existent, as well.

Is there a way out of the castle? :/ Haven't found a lantern yet. I need to get back to Dream ASAP, to repair my weapon!

In the library there's a shortcut between the first lantern and the fastest way to the boss (same room as the banshees / big ladder) in the opposite corner from said ladder. The first lantern's right inside the courtyard gates right after you get off the stagecoach. Maybe a little to the left, if memory serves.

Two lanterns in total, one after the boss and one right at the start of the courtyard.

As for Logarius, his hit box seems messed up - if you lock on and fire, sometimes the bullets go through his upper half. Try to stay level with him, and destroy the sword with a gun blast if he puts it in the ground. He's one of the tougher fights, for sure. Viscerals will help, and try not to get too greedy. Basically, be sure you can roll away after you're done with a combo.

Stanley: You can now buy his set from the messengers. Most armour sets wind up there after certain events.

I now have loads of areas open to me. I've explored Old Yarnham and Cathedral Ward, itself which seems to branch off into more unique areas. There are locked doors galore and I can't wait to open them/unlock shortcuts.

The level design in this is nothing short of genius.

I think my favourite weird moment was this: (very minor spoilers follow)

In the chalice dungeons there's an enemy that turns invisible and charges over to you. I'd died at one of them earlier, so when I got back I was treated to a hellish pair of glowing eyeballs spasmodically tearing around the place chasing after me. Freaky as hell until the rest of it rematerialized.

Dude, that's (almost) the easiest boss so far, imo (I've only done 3..)!! Have a watch of that Epic Name Bro vid where he speedruns to the BSB for some pointers. They may help further down the line.

Dood, I know! I did Gazza on my 3rd go. Found him rather easy. Just dodge a bit and thump him. Actually easier in his second form. But BSB's poison attacks and my physical inability to juggle square and triangle and circle to antidote/heal/dodge back in quick succession without almost dropping the DS4 meant that once I ate a heavy attack or two I was pretty much fooked.

Avoiding getting hit is as easy as timing every circle strafe correctly about 100 times in succession. And once BSB gets to its final form, it was a one hit kill for me. I just don't have the skills/concentration/persistence/dexterity to juggle all that at the same time without making the odd mistake, and that's all it takes.

For lots of you, Souls vets or not, this boss stuff is relatively doable. For me it's a massive barrier to entry and always has been. Perhaps it means Miyazaki doesn't want me playing his games, but I adore the worlds, the atmosphere, the creature and location design, the arcane lore etc. It's like my perfect game, somewhat ruined with bosses that are largely beyond my abilities. Once you add in the grind for BEs to go and rebuy all the consumables I get through on each doomed attempt, it becomes a massive time-investment and diminishing enjoyment returns.

So, thank fook for beckoning to get me through bosses with someone who can do that, as I suspect have no chance of besting the later ones on my own.

Sorry for the rant. tldr: Mediocre gamer. Awesome game.

Ding dong, the witch is dead. :)

An enjoyable fight with cool mechanics, not particularly difficult though as for once the arena is a good size.

Was pleased to have nailed it first time as I tried VA a few times last night but after a great first attempt, I found myself dying quickly on subsequent efforts.

I'm practically out of both vials & bullets so every fight is an edge of the seat affair as I try to keep as much health as possible, while trying not to resort to my pistol.

Got a couple of options open to explore, one contains enemies which are hard as nails, one is filled with Sack Boys, who I hate.

Hopefully there's something beyond the witch to do.

I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of interesting NPCs to talk to / help out, I've only found one so far.

Even wheelchair guy has vanished & left me a note which isn't much help.

Sorry Broker, just couldn't get connected after that first attempt. The coop really needs some work, why they can't have a proper invite system for coop is beyond me

No worries mate, I just sat outside the gate until I found ransoms to do it with :)

Dood, I know! I did Gazza on my 3rd go. Found him rather easy. Just dodge a bit and thump him. Actually easier in his second form. But BSB's poison attacks and my physical inability to juggle square and triangle and circle to antidote/heal/dodge back in quick succession without almost dropping the DS4 meant that once I ate a heavy attack or two I was pretty much fooked.

Avoiding getting hit is as easy as timing every circle strafe correctly about 100 times in succession. And once BSB gets to its final form, it was a one hit kill for me. I just don't have the skills/concentration/persistence/dexterity to juggle all that at the same time without making the odd mistake, and that's all it takes.

For lots of you, Souls vets or not, this boss stuff is relatively doable. For me it's a massive barrier to entry and always has been. Perhaps it means Miyazaki doesn't want me playing his games, but I adore the worlds, the atmosphere, the creature and location design, the arcane lore etc. It's like my perfect game, somewhat ruined with bosses that are largely beyond my abilities. Once you add in the grind for BEs to go and rebuy all the consumables I get through on each doomed attempt, it becomes a massive time-investment and diminishing enjoyment returns.

So, thank fook for beckoning to get me through bosses with someone who can do that, as I suspect have no chance of besting the later ones on my own.

Sorry for the rant. tldr: Mediocre gamer. Awesome game.

This is what co-op is for. Don't feel bad asking for assistance. It's part of the game.

Are you investing plenty in Vitality and Endurance? Vitality boosts your health considerably and both stats increase your defence so they'll make a big difference and I reckon especially recommended for a first playthrough. I kinda cheesed BSB before I'd properly learned him purely by having high health and healing up plenty.

How many players can you have at one time in Co-op?

I was under the impression that it was only 2, but i joined a game last night where there was 3 of us taking on Gascoigne.

Needless to say, he went down quicker than a bangkok ladyboy.

• Upvote 1

13000 souls onboard, waltzing through Old Yarnham, suddenly a boss but without the warning of a fog door :)

Are you investing plenty in Vitality and Endurance? Vitality boosts your health considerably and both stats increase your defence so they'll make a big difference and I reckon especially recommended for a first playthrough. I kinda cheesed BSB before I'd properly learned him purely by having high health and healing up plenty.

Probably over-invested in Skill with my early upgrades, so am now trying to bring Vit/End up to the same level. I think I'm overall lvl 28, with about 23 in Skill and 17 in Vit/End.

Forget upgrading skill for a while and get those two up. My strength and skill have never gone above weapon requirements and I've got good output. Weapon upgrades are much more important than scaling at this point.

Amygdala is dead, and I've just died fighting TOR. I suspect that's the final boss? I'm expecting it to be a drawn out fight.

Once you add in the grind for BEs to go and rebuy all the consumables I get through on each doomed attempt, it becomes a massive time-investment and diminishing enjoyment returns.

If you need blood vials and bullets just do a run from Central Yharnam (left gate) to The Great Bridge whilst taking out the two fatties besides the house, as well as the werewolves on the bridge. It'll net you at least 13 vials, four bullets, and 1.5k BE in three minutes or less.

• Upvote 1

Now that I've finally run dry of vials, I too am a bit loathe to go on a few trips grinding. It doesn't add anything to the game! Bit of a shame for sure. It used to wind me up in Demon's Souls too.