Killing Floor 2 - 4K on PS4 Pro at Launch

killingfloor2-header.png

By Tripwire Interactive

Official Site | Steam | PS4

Release Date: (PC) April 21, 2016 - (PS4 Pro) November 11, 2016 

ABOUT

Killing Floor 2 is the successor to the ridiculously fun and successful original title, that was released in 2009. We released Killing Floor 2 on Steam via Early Access in April 2015 and over the last 7 months have rolled out 3 massive content updates as we get closer and closer to the final release. 

The Story

In KILLING FLOOR 2 players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union. Just one month after the conclusion of the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding. 

Not all have given up hope though... A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together, paid for by Horzine, to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.

Key Features

• Visceral Gore - KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb 
  • 6 player co-op or solo play - A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone. 
  • Terrifying Zeds - New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, attacking in mobs to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels. 
  • New take on "Difficulty" - Most games just ramp up health and damage for the enemies. In KF2, the Zeds will start to behave differently as you work through the difficulty levels. New attack moves. New ways to get at you. New strategies. Be prepared for surprises! 
  • Unique Blend Of Weaponry - Modern military assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer. 
  • Expanded Perk System - Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones. 
  • Brutal Melee Combat - KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds. 
  • SDK - as always with our games, the tools to create maps and so much more! With Early Access, this will allow the creation of new levels. The full SDK support will be rolled out through the Early Access period.

IMAGES

Spoiler

ss_4751f5f7eb8cbcb2be075f037c1ef23d63beb

ss_a52da0367f0627bbfdf5e6bb98e2f29019b7a

ss_5e77b2874408ab5fec83e6cd6c518c3ba456c

ss_72882cb4436944b06b1e5071fd32e5a40a5fc

ss_4b1faf0d7928a74907136fd15e7855b818803

ss_6de74f74d66695ca25a6982ec5ab2ebe3d2b0

VIDEOS

Spoiler

I'm glad we live in a world where Killing Floor is a thing. :)

Never played the first one much (as I thought it was a bit clucky and all that) but if the entire experience is more streamlined and polished this time around I'd be up for some demon slaying. 

• Upvote 2
  • 4 months later...

HOLY FUCK.

Can't wait. :D

Hopefully they don't go OTT and flood the game with achievements like the first one - had a great time going through the maps with my team but every week we'd go back there'd be another 100 fucking achievements/maps etc. Bit too much for the completist in me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice OP VN1X, certainly excited for this one. I'm not familiar with the franchise, but on the face of it, it reminds me of those Serious Sam and Painkiller styled games, where it's all about ploughing through large numbers of enemies.

• Upvote 1

I'm sort of excited by it but that video hasn't done anything to convince me that the grind will be sorted. It sounds like 1-25 will take the same amount of time as 1-6 and while the more frequent level ups and choices help it still doesn't sound like it'll be easy to switch classes without a heavy time commitment.

Can't wait. :)

The first looked ropey as hell but gameplay wise was superb! - that gun feedback on the shottie :P

Just hoping they don't run the achievements side of things into the ground again. They had some really fun ones in the first (about 80) but I looked the other day and there's like 300 - WTF.

This to me is a game where fun team achievements kind of go hand in hand with the game type, but adding that much half finished community shite to the achievement list was a stupid move.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Killing Floor 2 PC specs and Digital Deluxe Edition contents announced by Tripwire

A Digital Deluxe Edition for Killing Floor 2 along with PC specs for the title have been announced, along with the new of a Steam Early Access launch later this month.

According to Tripwire Interactive, the Digital Deluxe Edition will run you $39.99/£26.99/€36.99 starting on April 21 on Steam.

This edition contains the following additions to the base game:

• DJ Scully character, with unique voice pack and set of face/body skins
  • Additional cosmetic items (each with multiple selectable variants):
  • “Scullyphones” headphones for DJ Scully, Mr Foster, Hayato Tanaka and Donovan Neal
  • 3D Glasses for Ana Larive and Hayato Tanaka
  • Bowler Hat for Mr. Foster and Reverend Alberts
  • Killing Floor 2 Soundtrack
  • Killing Floor 2 Digital Artbook

The standard edition will run you $29.99/₤19.99/€26.99 with the digital deluxe content to be made available for separate purchase post launch.

Here’s recommended PC requirements for Killing Floor 2:

Minimum

• CPU: Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz or Phenom II X2 545
  • GPU: GeForce GTS 250 or Radeon HD 4830
  • RAM: 3GB

Recommended

• CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz or Phenom II X4 955
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6950
  • RAM: 4GB

Also of note, the pre-Early Access beta period ends tomorrow, April 16 to prepare for the April 21 early access period.

Killing Floor 2 is also slated for release on PlayStation 4 sometime this year

Looks so shonky, like a game from ten years ago.

Wut...

It actually does shooting a lot better (certainly if KF1 is anything to go by). It's horde mode on steroids and simply a dedicated wave-based fps game. What's not to like?

The lack of enthusiasm on here is kind of weird. Then again, it's a wave-based shooter, there's not much to discuss (yet) I suppose hehe.

The thing is he's right about all those points. It looks better than KF1 for sure but that's not saying much.

I'm trying to stay optimistic but still unconvinced that the sequel is for me. I thought the first was decent but became very repetitive and was far too grindy. I've yet to be convinced that KF2 has addressed either of those.

• Upvote 1

Bad models, poor looking animation, bad collision, low res textures, poor special effects.

Can't see anything to recommend it really.

I don't agree with any of these complaints, from the footage at least, but the thing about Tripwires games is in the playing. They, for my money at least, do FPS guns/feedback better than anyone else these days and that's why Killing Floor still has a big player base after so many years. It's just a really satisfying game to fucking play.

The thing is he's right about all those points. It looks better than KF1 for sure but that's not saying much.

I'm trying to stay optimistic but still unconvinced that the sequel is for me. I thought the first was decent but became very repetitive and was far too grindy. I've yet to be convinced that KF2 has addressed either of those.

Come on now, it looks faaaar better than Killing Floor 1 and looks very clean/nice in general. Well it is a horde shooter, they just want to make it a really damn fucking good one. For example one of the big things is making the environment more destructible like having doors becoming destroyed eventually so as they are unweldable, lights being destroyed etc to keep the players moving around the map. They don't want people camping in the one spot for the whole match. They also have more entry points for the monsters to keep players on their toes.

They've changed the levelling system to 25 levels per class with a perk every 5 classes. The grind in KF1 was one of the big things they wanted to address as well as it really was a huge grind.

I genuinely can't wait for Early Access and shall buy it the first chance I get. I never really found KF1 repetitive and Tripwire support their games really well. Can't fucking wait.

• Upvote 1

It's out on EA! Bit too pricey for my wallet at the moment though.

The Early Access version of the game contains the following, per Tripwire:

• Three non-linear levels – The dark streets of Burning Paris, the ice covered Outpost, and a re-imagined version of the original Biotics Lab
  • Four perks – Berserker, Support, Commando and Medic classes
  • 27 weapons – Ranging from shotguns to assault rifles to crazy makeshift hybrid weapons!
  • 11 deadly and terrifying Zeds – All determined to destroy you
  • Seven playable characters – Including fan favorites Mr. Foster and Constable Rob Briar as well as a new female character – Ana Larive
  • One new boss character – Enter Hans Volter and his arsenal of devastating weapons and attacks
  • Mod SDK supporting custom level creation

Got this yesterday and it's fucking awesome :) It's basically Killing Floor 1 but much better, really satisfying to play like Tripwires other games. Looking forward to how they roll out the content over early access and of course all the free content in the future.