Far Cry 4 | Nov 18th | PS3/4, Xbox 360, Xbone & PC

Comrade

It has to be one of the worst radio implementations out there, the way the patter just starts over if you pop out of the car for a moment. Not a major disaster as it's not really a cruising around listening to Foreigner type of game - it feels like more of an annoyance than a missed opportunity. But an annoyance is an annoyance.

It's a shame they didn't have the confidence to increase the amount of Nepalese/Indian music on there. I always enjoyed it when I was listening to those tunes and pootling around in a Tuk-Tuk, but sadly at most you get fifteen seconds before Rabi Ray Rana comes back on and starts talking about taking a shit.

As to your first inquiry, it's always wingsuit as far as I could see. Best you can do is just deploy the wingsuit for a split second then parachute, it is a little annoying though.

RE: the bomb disposal, I've just done the second one and it was in the North - only unlocked it via hijacking a nearby Tower.

Merci.

It is rather annoying to be forced to deploy the wingsuit if all you want to do is drop in on something without any need for horizontal movement.

I think as in Far Cry 3, the world in this is just too big for me. I've just done the mission to open up North Kyrat, but it seems like an unnecessary extra landmass. I've put over 20 hours in already, but I'm actually at the stage now where I'm enjoying the campaign missions more than the open world stuff, since I just feel like I've seen everything there is to see in the latter. My enthuasiasm for playing is definitely dwindling.

I've probably had my money's worth, but I really can't understand why Ubi think 'more is better' with almost all their games. I'd much rather have a more tightly designed area the size of South Kyrat, with a few more recognisable landmarks. As it is, you're hardly ever in once place more than once or twice for a mission, and although there's a good overall feel to the place, there's little sense of identity for the individual places within it. After the first few, one cave/shrine/little shanty town looks much like another.

To be fair, they've probably got as much variety in an FPS game as they can. There are stealth sections, guns-blazing-riding-an-elephant sections, easy transitions from sneaking to shooting, surreal dream sections, exploration to find collectables, adventure sections (almost close to an FPS Uncharted at times). For me though, I don't think I'd ever want to play one FPS (multiplayer aside) for more than about 20-25 hours or so before it becomes stale, so I'd rather have a smaller, more dense open-world area.

I've done a weapons/tactics swap to mix things up.

From: grenade pistol, silenced AMR, Shredder (silenced signature SMG)

To: Cannon (signature magnum), Buzzsaw (outrageous signature LMG), Elephant gun

Really liking the Buzzsaw and Elephant gun. The pistol is nice, but I miss my grenade launcher for vehicle killing.

(I kept the bow in both cases, because fuck yeah the bow.)

Yeah I do that every now and again to try and keeps things fresh. Sometimes it's annoying going into a mission not knowing whether it's going to be stealth-only though.

The shredder is great- easy kills, and it's silent too! The only one downside is that it chews through ammo rather quickly. I do love the cannon's boom though. Haven't unlocked the buzzsaw or the elephant gun yet.

I think this suffers from assassin's creed syndrome sometimes- killing people is so easy because of the powerful weapons, that the only way to really create any kind of challenge is to force stealth in some of the missions.

Yeah I do that every now and again to try and keeps things fresh. Sometimes it's annoying going into a mission not knowing whether it's going to be stealth-only though.

The shredder is great- easy kills, and it's silent too! The only one downside is that it chews through ammo rather quickly. I do love the cannon's boom though. Haven't unlocked the buzzsaw or the elephant gun yet.

I think this suffers from assassin's creed syndrome sometimes- killing people is so easy because of the powerful weapons, that the only way to really create any kind of challenge is to force stealth in some of the missions.

Take it you're playing on Hard mode? It's only truly hard in Shangri-La but I certainly die a fair amount (fortunately the checkpoints are very forgiving).

Still not unlocked the north, I love how massive this is and my interest certainly isn't waning, there's always three things I want to do.

Take it you're playing on Hard mode? It's only truly hard in Shangri-La but I certainly die a fair amount (fortunately the checkpoints are very forgiving).

Still not unlocked the north, I love how massive this is and my interest certainly isn't waning, there's always three things I want to do.

I'm not sure to be honest if I'm playing on hard, I think I am though.

Yeah, Shangri-La has been a bit of a pain a couple of times in the two out of four missions I've done so far. I find I can usually grind my way through by hiding and using my tiger to take out a few monsters at a time for most of it.

I started out like that, doing every side mission, getting every collectible, then it just got a bit samey- almost every outpost has a hostage rescue, eye for an eye or assassination mission, and I'm a bit burnt out on them. Now I'm just going to do the missions I need to to unlock weapons, which is almost all just belltowers, outposts and fortresses now I think.

I could do with the skill points unlocking more gameplay-changing skills really- they're pretty much identical to Far Cry 3 ones, which is a bit of a shame, and don't really add much to how I play. Plus, I've had all my skills maxed for ages, and been waiting to unlock the North so more become available to buy.

I've just been doing what I want, when I want as I don't have any 'must collect everything' in me. As such most of the side missions are unfinished aside from when I wanted a particular signature weapon. Can totally see why you'd burn out if you were doing everything.

By the way, you can change the difficulty so have a look when you next play.

Yeah, it's partially because I thought there would be an in-game reward for getting all the masks, letters and posters, but apparently there doesn't seem to be, so I stopped.

Excellent, I'll ramp it up to hard if it's not on there already.

I still think they could have just stuck with half the amount of Kyrat they have in there though- I'd have liked to have gotten to the point where I start to get familiar with the geography of the region, but as it is, the game constantly pushes you forward to where the new missions are.

I just wander the map doing whatever takes my fancy, with no forward planning. Sometimes that's a mission, sometimes it's a knife-only outpost takedown, and sometimes it's blockading a busy intersection with wrecked cars, camping a mortar and wielding C4 by the fistful, murdering anyone wearing red in the face.

Yeah, it's partially because I thought there would be an in-game reward for getting all the masks, letters and posters, but apparently there doesn't seem to be, so I stopped.

Well, all the masks gets you unlimited Guns For Hire tokens (and the fully upgraded mercenaries are tough as nails.) The Progress screen will show you the rewards for these things, although there are hidden signature weapons too I think.

Re: half the size - I'd agree with that, I've long been an advocate for smaller areas in open world games. GTA III got it right all those years ago and I have most of that game mapped in my head, still. The lack of in game GPS was a large reason for that but that's a discussion for another day.

Vice City is still my favorite open world map. Quality over quantity in every aspect.

I've finished Far Cry 4 twice now, and am slowly making my way too 100%.

I liked how you can still bump into

Amita and Sabal

post game

and they are both massive cunts. I killed them both, the cretins

Well you pick your difficulty and adjust mid game if it's too tough but it's not tough at all. I've finished up most stuff now with only a couple of coop achievements to collect. I've bought the season pass from the US store as the content already sounds great.

Well you pick your difficulty and adjust mid game if it's too tough but it's not tough at all.

Am I doing the first arena fight wrong then? The heavy in the final wave on hard just decimates me. It's stalled my progress and put me off playing. I breeze through the first 4 (?) waves and then the final wave finishes me off over and over again.

Am I doing the first arena fight wrong then? The heavy in the final wave on hard just decimates me. It's stalled my progress and put me off playing. I breeze through the first 4 (?) waves and then the final wave finishes me off over and over again.

Best way to take out the heavies, is to get them near a red barrel of death ;)

Latest pc patch has broken the game for me- it keeps locking either in death or when something should happen in the game, but it doesn't.

I've done the same campaign mission three times and because of the stupid game saving mechanic, it's not saved my progress. You can't even skip the cutscenes so I waste 5 minutes watching then each time.

I'm giving it one more try then I'm done for good.

This is good, but does anyone feel like the world is over populated? I am doing missions then finding myself attacked after completed by eagles and dogs, then as I dispatch them some other fucker will turn up in a truck, I will dispatch them but then have no ammo left and badger or something will run up and kill me, which kinda ruins the I am a bad ass muthafucka vibe.

Im hoping one I clear bit of the outposts and unlock some more abilities it becomes less of an issue.