Wii u with nsmb - £112 at John Lewis

The Mighty Ash

Tentative conclusion: it was the price that was the main issue with the Wii U's lack of uptake by consumers. At least among us gamer types. Possibly. Certainly confused branding the a cumbersome hardware gimmick didn't help.

Anyway, I'm now more optimistic of a possibly in an improvement in the fortunes of the Wii U.

Enjoy your new consoles, guys.

Absolute bastards. Well I have a fucking useless copy of ZombiU winging my way now.

GRUMP!

I've managed to cancel that, just phoned Game Collection on 01792 704 379

Just as I was away to cancel it I got a dispatch email. Will probably give it away in the free thread when it arrives.

Yep I got that also but still phoned & cancel my order, now refunded.

Just as I was away to cancel it I got a dispatch email. Will probably give it away in the free thread when it arrives.

Or just buy a Wii U from somewhere else? :)

Mine was cancelled.

Based on my past experiences with the John Lewis website, not surprised at all. Three weeks for a refund last time round!

For a company with such an excellent reputation you would expect more. Do the usual and write to their complains department, you might get a voucher.

Cancelled here too. I wish they'd be honest and admit to a price fuck up rather than trying to say out of stock. I'll email the,m back and tell them I'm happy to wait for it to come back into stock rather than cancel.

I don't think it was a price fuck up. I think they genuinely ran out.

Unless they're now selling it at a different price?

Cancelled here too. I wish they'd be honest and admit to a price fuck up rather than trying to say out of stock. I'll email the,m back and tell them I'm happy to wait for it to come back into stock rather than cancel.

Stock from where? The basic model doesn't exist any more.

Same here, order cancelled now stuck with ZombiU. Surely JL should honor these orders seeing as the website made no mention of items being out of stock when placing the order?

It sort of did. Quite early on it changed to say "delivered by our supplier" or something, which I took to mean from Nintendo directly - given the basic edition is no longer available I guess that was a bit tricky.

The £200 amazon deal looked ok if it pops up again, but it seems there will be quite limited availability.

Gaming is, when you think about it, a really cheap form of entertainment. I'm always surprised how tight people get with respect to the prices they are willing to pay for games and consoles. At 30 quid, a game with just 20 hours of content is ridiculously good value compared to say the cinema or a football match.